The Manchester United Thread

Well at least someone is actually willing to discuss Welbeck

He is not a bad player and if you compare it to the ludicrous deals of the past maybe he is worth 20million, i'm just not sure i'd be confident paying that for Welbeck

for that money, you'd expect a top striker IMO

Not sure about that in todays market, some shockers have been signed for 15m and up. I don't rate welbeck massively but for people to think he can go for over 20m isn't really that silly tbh.

If spurs want him united should rinse them.

Last edited:
Because how the money generated is different. And funnily enough, wasn't the standards set by United fans. Arsenal get the same praise for spending the money they have earned themselves. Stick to the Chelsea thread, as you only seem to pick fights in other threads, such as the Liverpool one where you've already been infracted by Godcubed.

How is the money generated make any difference at all? It's still buying your way to success either way... I am loath to continue this discussion because I already agreed to disagree with my original opponents before you jumped in

PS: I will also post in whatever thread I want. If you can't handle that then ban me

The point is that the discussion is solely on a potential United player. If LFCMarshall was a supporter of Preston North End, then I doubt Liverpool players would have been brought into the equation. It's genuinely frustrating when you are discussing about one club and some guy stands up and goes ... HAHAHAH you support Chelsea and they did x and x now **** off

All we can do is compare recent transfers to see how much he is worth.

Balotelli really isnt a correct comparison because Milan have serious liquidity issues. Whereas United dont, so don't have to cut down on their demands

Danny Welbeck is a good player, when played as striker he scored goals. Not sure why it's a joke when Jordan Henderson who achieved **** all costed as much.

And I am pretty sure that LFCMarshall would be the first to agree with you on this except that it has nothing to do with his original point on how Welbeck is overpriced. I personally disagree with him but I would be interested to see what's your take on this matter

How is the money generated make any difference at all? It's still buying your way to success either way... I am loath to continue this discussion because I already agreed to disagree with my original opponents before you jumped in

PS: I will also post in whatever thread I want. If you can't handle that then ban me

You now have 5 days to think about it. The amount of time you have spent derailing the Liverpool and United threads is insane.

I'm fairly certain that if welbeck played elsewhere and it was united or a chelsea signing him he'd cost 17m and up, english premium and all that.

And I am pretty sure that LFCMarshall would be the first to agree with you on this except that it has nothing to do with his original point on how Welbeck is overpriced. I personally disagree with him but I would be interested to see what's your take on this matter

Welbeck is worth 20 Million, not in the previous market but at least in today's market.

Championship striker was sold for 12 Million, ******* Shane long who is played as striker only but scored 1 in 5 games is worth 12 Million. On the other hand Welbeck is English, when played as striker has a good strike rate and has excellent potential ability. So comparing to those deals he is worth 20 Million in TODAY's market.

Hehe, but yeah, you're not going to find many top strikers at £20m, especially from clubs who have considerable wealth and no need to sell.

I gave up having a serious discussion, but i agree it is difficult - i just don't think personally i can see Welbeck being a 20mil player but others may disagree

If he moves it will be interesting to see how he does

I gave up having a serious discussion, but i agree it is difficult - i just don't think personally i can see Welbeck being a 20mil player but others may disagree

If he plays regularly as a number 9 he'll get double figures, whether that's worth what some fans want for him who knows and depends where he goes tbh.

Looking forward to seeing Balo tbh! Hope he can now fulfil his potential, coz he will be box office for the prem.

If he plays regularly as a number 9 he'll get double figures, whether that's worth what some fans want for him who knows and depends where he goes tbh.

If he plays as a nine he will get 20 goals a season

After we were generous in giving them bargains like ron and becks, real should repay us by throwing in khedira.

I know it's because of the formation but how young and valencia get in any 11 over adnan is madness.

After we were generous in giving them bargains like ron and becks, real should repay us by throwing in khedira.

I know it's because of the formation but how young and valencia get in any 11 over adnan is madness.
Adnan was wasted at WB against Swansea in 1st half.

Back