The Manchester United Thread

Sorry but 20mil for Danny Welbeck is a joke in any market

Danny Welbeck is a good player, when played as striker he scored goals. Not sure why it's a joke when Jordan Henderson who achieved **** all costed as much.

Did you ignore the fact Di Maria could of accepted a contract to stay at Real Madrid.

I wasn't even counting Mata, I was counting Herrera, Rojo + Di Maria.

Di Maria wanted to leave. Ancellotti desperately wanted to keep him

Wanting 15-20m for welbeck isn't a joke imo when the likes of long go for about 14m and ross ****** mccormack went for how much?

Danny Welbeck is a good player, when played as striker he scored goals. Not sure why it's a joke when Jordan Henderson who achieved **** all costed as much.

Shall we bring David Luiz into the equation next?

Im talking about Danny Welbeck. Not Henderson, not Carroll, not Downing. In fact im talking absolutely nothing about Liverpool

Wanting 15-20m for welbeck isn't a joke imo when the likes of long go for about 14m and ross ****** mccormack went for how much?

Welbeck strike rate when he plays CF is actually very good, The problem is that he has rarely played there consistently apart form the season he scored 17 goals. When RVP was injured last season he got 9 games in a row, scored 7

Yes, that's right - when discussing a Man United player lets change the conservation to Liverpool

so predictable and boring.

Danny welbeck imo is worth 15-20m and has nothing to do with liverpool players.

/discussion.

Shall we bring David Luiz into the equation next?

Im talking about Danny Welbeck. Not Henderson, not Carroll, not Downing. In fact im talking absolutely nothing about Liverpool

Yes, that's right - when discussing a Man United player lets change the conservation to Liverpool

Not sure what your point is then, when we talk about hypothetical transfers, then arguing about transfer fee can only be based on recent transfers.

Why come in here then and start slating about Welbeck? So you can but we cant Pool players. Least were not clogging up the Pool thread.

ManUtd close to signing a good player, Alcaraz getting his knickers in twist and starts ridiculous argument. Nothing has changed.

If you read back carefully, I was only responding to a comment made by a United fan in the first place

Actually the argument was City and Chelsea not using organic money generated by their own success, but using money they effectively couldnt afford without their backers.

How else do you propose they close the gap to the top 4 then? Growing organically which would take decades and decades ... Yes it's money we couldn't afford without our backers but their is effectively no other way for any club to grow quickly and every club had substantial financial backing in one point in their history before they reached the top

Also the discussion is on buying your way to success. When Chelsea/City did it, they were widely criticized. When United do it, it's somehow different and more morally pure based on completely arbitrary standards that United fans conveniently set for themselves to justify their hypocrisy

Again I maintain that their is nothing wrong with spending big. I just don't understand why some fans have to cling onto any small reason to try and differentiate themselves as supporters of a more morally pure club

Bringing up prices in a united thread when discussing a player you should expect someone to mention other players who you might say teams paid over the odds for.

Danny welbeck imo is worth 15-20m and has nothing to do with liverpool players.

/discussion.

Well at least someone is actually willing to discuss Welbeck

He is not a bad player and if you compare it to the ludicrous deals of the past maybe he is worth 20million, i'm just not sure i'd be confident paying that for Welbeck

for that money, you'd expect a top striker IMO

If you read back carefully, I was only responding to a comment made by a United fan in the first place

How else do you propose they close the gap to the top 4 then? Growing organically which would take decades and decades ... Yes it's money we couldn't afford without our backers but their is effectively no other way for any club to grow quickly and every club had substantial financial backing in one point in their history before they reached the top

Also the discussion is on buying your way to success. When Chelsea/City did it, they were widely criticized. When United do it, it's somehow different and more morally pure based on completely arbiter standards that United fans conveniently set for themselves to justify their hypocrisy

Again I maintain that their is nothing wrong with spending big. I just don't understand why some fans have to cling onto any small reason to try and differentiate themselves as supporters of a more morally pure club

Because how the money generated is different. And funnily enough, wasn't the standards set by United fans. Arsenal get the same praise for spending the money they have earned themselves. Stick to the Chelsea thread, as you only seem to pick fights in other threads, such as the Liverpool one where you've already been infracted by Godcubed.

Not sure what your point is then, when we talk about hypothetical transfers, then arguing about transfer fee can only be based on recent transfers.

The point is that the discussion is solely on a potential United player. If LFCMarshall was a supporter of Preston North End, then I doubt Liverpool players would have been brought into the equation. It's genuinely frustrating when you are discussing about one club and some guy stands up and goes ... HAHAHAH you support Chelsea and they did x and x now **** off

Well at least someone is actually willing to discuss Welbeck

He is not a bad player and if you compare it to the ludicrous deals of the past maybe he is worth 20million, i'm just not sure i'd be confident paying that for Welbeck

for that money, you'd expect a top striker IMO

Which top Striker?

Back