The Manchester United Thread

I'm tired of trying to convince myself that Cleverly will come good eventually. I don't want to see him in a man utd shirt again ffs. Fletcher is clearly past it.

Van gaal should swallow his ego and see that this formation is not going to work.

I really like the idea of this formation, but having Young and Valencia in this formations most important positions is fecking ridiculous. Neither of them can beat their man, it's always the same **** thing, either pass sideways or flick in a cross that goes straight to the GK. I don't event think we tested him even once in the whole game. Tbf I think the central defenders especially Jones had a good game but those WB are *****. Clevs had a shocker and so did Fletch. I do hope that this is just bad form and not how they are going to play the whole season.

Mike, I know you said not to panic until window is over but you said yourself we should be walking through our opening 3 games with the squad we have now even with out transfer additions but my god we looked like a team who play for the draw.
Never have I seen a United squad who sit back at 1-1 with 10 mins to go and play for the draw, even under Moyes. I was embarrassed.

EDIT: Ignore the above, I was just ****** at our WB's ***** performance and complete over reaction- I let my anger cloud my vision :P

Last edited:
I really like the idea of this formation, but having Young and Valencia in this formations most important positions is fecking ridiculous. Neither of them can beat their man, it's always the same **** thing, either pass sideways or flick in a cross that goes straight to the GK. I don't event think we tested him even once in the whole game. Tbf I think the central defenders especially Jones had a good game but those WB are *****. Clevs had a shocker and so did Fletch. I do hope that this is just bad form and not how they are going to play the whole season.

Mike, I know you said not to panic until window is over but you said yourself we should be walking through our opening 3 games with the squad we have now even with out transfer additions but my god we looked like a team who play for the draw.
Never have I seen a United squad who sit back at 1-1 with 10 mins to go and play for the draw, even under Moyes. I was embarrassed.
Agree, need Rojo,Rafa,Shaw back asap. Mike was right but what can you do with 11-12 players missing for some reason.

Back