The Manchester United Thread

I can't wait to see the Angel playing in the devils shirt, but I am not going to be happy until it is done and dusted. Don't want to get my hopes up, just in case

Sorry mate but still got to give him credit! Im sure it was not as easy as your making our, personel terms agents fees etc. Madrid could of kept him, Carlo defo wanted to keep him. Deserves full credit!

Carlo had no choice, one person didn't want him and he is the only person that counts at that horrible club.

Carlo had no choice, one person didn't want him and he is the only person that counts at that horrible club.

Tbf, that very well maybe true, but signing a superstar is not easy in normal circumstances, lets remember though that we have no champions league and a poor start to the season plus we have loads of injuries atm as well as the fact Woody is relatively unproven in signing players (as we learnt last year) never mind the top tier player live the DI Maria's of the world. AND we have to agree to terms that are a massive financial outlay and I would rather us try to get the best deal than immediately caving in to his demands because then everyone tom **** and harry will try the same.

Tbf, that very well maybe true, but signing a superstar is not easy in normal circumstances, lets remember though that we have no champions league and a poor start to the season plus we have loads of injuries atm as well as the fact Woody is relatively unproven in signing players (as we learnt last year) never mind the top tier player live the DI Maria's of the world. AND we have to agree to terms that are a massive financial outlay and I would rather us try to get the best deal than immediately caving in to his demands because then everyone tom **** and harry will try the same.

I never said it was easy nor did i really discredit the club but the fact is we might have been the only club in for him due to FFP and whoever else couldn't afford him, still a great coup by the club and i expect more in the coming years.

Just imagine if he got us Blind and Vidal:) That will be statue worthy stuff!

I'm really happy with Di Maria obviously but I'd rather our club in the future buys the right players in the first place before they get to an elite club with elite prices because they've became the big thing. We've overpaid too often for the wrong players when there has been better available if we had of done our transfer planning better.

Some examples....

Strootman at PSV before he moved to Roma.

Vidal at Leverkusen before Juventus.

Di Maria at Benfica (I think) before Real Madrid.

Mata at Valencia before Chelsea.

I'm really happy with Di Maria obviously but I'd rather our club in the future buys the right players in the first place before they get to an elite club with elite prices because they've became the big thing. We've overpaid too often for the wrong players when there has been better available if we had of done our transfer planning better.

Some examples....

Strootman at PSV before he moved to Roma.

Vidal at Leverkusen before Juventus.

Di Maria at Benfica (I think) before Real Madrid.

Mata at Valencia before Chelsea.
Agree mate, think things will defo be better under LVG and Woody tbh. And maybe get back to some more of our talent coming through.

Hear that announcement could be made before the game.

Hear that announcement could be made before the game.

Im going to footy tonite (CL 3rd preliminary round for the team I like -not gonna say support cos I only support UTD - here in Cyprus), but will keep my headphones handy!

Back