The Manchester United Thread

I wish people would understand we need quality wingers as much as cm's, last time we had a quality winger was the twin of the current valencia.

You definitely did in the old system.. do you think LVG will switch formations?

I honestly can't see 3-5-2 lasting but really i'd prefer di maria at cm over cleverley aslong as we have someone with defensive qualities next to him (carrick or new signing for example)

Or in the robben type role up top.

Last edited:

Can see a lot of switching between a diamond and 4-3-3. If LVG still wants to have Mata, Rooney and RVP playing centrally, a diamond seems a better fit than 3-4-1-2 with the current squad.

I honestly can't see 3-5-2 lasting but really i'd prefer di maria at cm over cleverley aslong as we have someone with defensive qualities next to him (carrick or new signing for example)

Or in the robben type role up top.

Can see a lot of switching between a diamond and 4-3-3. If LVG still wants to have Mata, Rooney and RVP playing centrally, a diamond seems a better fit than 3-4-1-2 with the current squad.

I never really understood the 3-4-1-2 formation with the players you had

Especially now Di Maria has arrived, a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 seems the better formation (a defensive midfielder would complete it though)

I never really understood the 3-4-1-2 formation with the players you had

Especially now Di Maria has arrived, a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 seems the better formation (a defensive midfielder would complete it though)

I think a diamond lets us get the best out of all our players. RVP, Rooney and Mata where they want to play. Di Maria and Herrera are both free to play with their tremendous energy in CM. Di Maria is the best in the world at drifting wide from CM to provide extra width, and Herrera can play his natural box to box role. Carrick/New DM holding.

I think a diamond lets us get the best out of all our players. RVP, Rooney and Mata where they want to play. Di Maria and Herrera are both free to play with their tremendous energy in CM. Di Maria is the best in the world at drifting wide from CM to provide extra width, and Herrera can play his natural box to box role. Carrick/New DM holding.

I still think Januzaj/Welbeck will have to replace one of Rooney/RVP to make it most effective, just don't think them two and Mata can work together.

That side is a scary prospect..

DM
Di Maria - Herrera
Mata
Rooney - RVP

Despite some on here adamant you do not need a CB, i couldn't disagree more and if you did add that position you have a very strong looking side again

Bv-8S8vCcAAWAVe.jpg

My **** just became 5 inches bigger.

'United is the only club i would have joined was i ever to leave Real Madrid'

Nothing like a lie to get the fans on your side quickly - standard procedure now

Back