The Manchester United Thread

I still think Januzaj/Welbeck will have to replace one of Rooney/RVP to make it most effective, just don't think them two and Mata can work together.

Tbf, they've only played a single game together where they've all been central.

That side is a scary prospect..

DM
Di Maria - Herrera
Mata
Rooney - RVP

Despite some on here adamant you do not need a CB, i couldn't disagree more and if you did add that position you have a very strong looking side again

Perhaps, but it's not as much of a pressing concern as midfield, especially if we do switch back to a back 4. Add a holding midfielder and Jones, Evans, Smalling, Rojo should be more than good enough CBs to take top 4 as a minimum.

This is why i hate pundits and sky sports, paul walsh and them other muppets can't see how he fits in. I can, on the pitch.

This is why i hate pundits and sky sports, paul walsh and them other muppets can't see how he fits in. I can, on the pitch.

I think Mata's in the biggest trouble, if we go to a 4-3-3 or change to another formation, it may sacrifice his best position and I just don't rate him out wide compared to Januzaj/Welbeck.

You do know that's not nice thing to say right? Just like that reported told Ivanovic he wont be playing in CL final after getting there.
??

Sorry, but how can you be so sure that is a lie?

He was quoted in 2009 as saying Manchester United is his dream club and he won't stop until he fulfils it.

Because a move to PSG and Monaco was on the table until both sides backed out because they didn't want to spend that amount - it's all about money

But like i said, not a dig at United in anyway most players do it nowadays

I think Mata's in the biggest trouble, if we go to a 4-3-3 or change to another formation, it may sacrifice his best position and I just don't rate him out wide compared to Januzaj/Welbeck.
LVG said in his pre match interview, this is his philosophy and this is how I want us to play. Cant see him starting with a different formation to often if at all.

It's not as simple as that - he needs to be played correctly for United to see the best of him. Simply being on the pitch will not be enough if he is played out of position

It's not as simple as that - he needs to be played correctly for United to see the best of him. Simply being on the pitch will not be enough if he is played out of position
United could sign Vidal, Alonso or Messi and the media and pundits will have something to say about. I'll put faith in Van Gaal and i expect he know's what he is doing over some tools like paul walsh and journos.

LVG said in his pre match interview, this is his philosophy and this is how I want us to play. Cant see him starting with a different formation to often if at all.

LVG doesn't have any system as part of his philosophy. He picks systems to get the best out of his squad.

United could sign Vidal, Alonso or Messi and the media and pundits will have something to say about. I'll put faith in Van Gaal and i expect he know's what he is doing over some tools like paul walsh and journos.

No doubt Van Gaal knows what he is doing, but i can see exactly what those pundits are saying - needs to be played correctly

??

Because a move to PSG and Monaco was on the table until both sides backed out because they didn't want to spend that amount - it's all about money

But like i said, not a dig at United in anyway most players do it nowadays

PSG backed out because they couldn't make the move work with FFP. I don't see what this has to do with whether Di Maria would of even considered it or not (PSG over United) because it never got that far. Admittedly he may of had no choice because Perez would accept the bid. No clue on Monaco.

But my point is, if he says in the past it is his dream club, I think it's a bit harsh to say "well he would of gone PSG or Monaco, it's all about money".

City make Silva, Nasri, Aguero, navas, Dzeko and Jovetic all work whoever plays. No reason united can't do the same with the likes of rooney, rvp, di maria, mata etc.

PSG backed out because they couldn't make the move work with FFP. I don't see what this has to do with whether Di Maria would of even considered it or not (PSG over United) because it never got that far. Admittedly he may of had no choice because Perez would accept the bid. No clue on Monaco.

But my point is, if he says in the past it is his dream club, I think it's a bit harsh to say "well he would of gone PSG or Monaco, it's all about money".

Either way, good signing

City make Silva, Nasri, Aguero, navas, Dzeko and Jovetic all work whoever plays. No reason united can't do the same with the likes of rooney, rvp, di maria, mata etc.

Yeh but they are built on a solid-spine of Kompany and Yaya Toure in the middle, if we can get that proper enforcer in the middle, we'll be good to go.

Back