The Manchester United Thread

He would definitely benefit in a slower and more possession-orientated league. Would also be good to see more English players head abroad

Aye, let's see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

Yeh but I reckon if he knew Moyes was gone it wouldn't of happened, just guessing of course, but you could tell how much he loved it here, just by the emotion and when he was saying goodbye to fans.

I think he would have stuck it out. Evra went for family reasons though.

Haven't seen anything credible really. But if we ship out Van Ginkel then we do look a little light in midfield. Perhaps Rabiot who is U-21 if I am not wrong ... Pogba would obviously be the pipe dream :P
Rabiot not bad shout and available, was he not close to Roma or is?

Woah, dont be throwing Vidic and Evra's name in as deadwood

Haha nonono, just making the point that we've let them go as well. Vidic is still a deep regret... to me anyway. **** even Evra is looking one also at the moment, but that should be fixed soon.

Considering its a different manager its really not. LVG hasnt had a year has he? He's not got much choice with Young because no one will take him on 120k a week. So you use your head and you find someway to make him useful, and if you can make him a useful squad option while you fix the big areas, then thats what you do. He'll probably be gone when his contract ends, but until then you find a use until you can shore the area up.

The ressies could find use for young, tbh since moyes i just find myself expecting united to drop points. Years ago i'd never dream of myself thinking we'd drop points like we have this past year. Since moyes my confidence in the squad is gone to the point where i don't care who leaves, if someone said rooney and rvp are both leaving i'd probably just shrug.

And your point about young and his wages is my point about our transfers, yet i get criticised for criticizing it.

Rabiot not bad shout and available, was he not close to Roma or is?

Not sure what's going on tbh. He has been linked to 3-4 clubs although links to Chelsea have been tenuous at best. Personally can't see Chelsea getting in anyone beyond Remy at this point

Haha nonono, just making the point that we've let them go as well. Vidic is still a deep regret... to me anyway. **** even Evra is looking one also at the moment, but that should be fixed soon.

I miss Vidic's leadership more than his actual ability

Tbh United's squad is looking very good. It easily has enough quality to be in the top 3 if not challenge for the title

An attack of Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria is good enough to rip apart any defense in the world. Midfield looks a tad light although Herrera and Blind certainly add some steel. Defense not the best but still solid as long as Rojo can settle in quickly and Evans regains form

I always maintained that a good attacking unit can easily mask up deficiencies in the squad and United's attacking unit is world-class

Remy would be good tho.

Yeah he should be good. Club did well in snagging him early if reports are to be believed. We could easily have spent the remaining two days trying to get Destro and then be left holding our dicks in our hands once the window shut

Yeah he should be good. Club did well in snagging him early if reports are to be believed. We could easily have spent the remaining two days trying to get Destro and then be left holding our dicks in our hands once the window shut

You activated his release clause, after trying for Destro and realizing Roma were going to leech you for every pound

Tbh United's squad is looking very good. It easily has enough quality to be in the top 3 if not challenge for the title

An attack of Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria is good enough to rip apart any defense in the world. Midfield looks a tad light although Herrera and Blind certainly add some steel. Defense not the best but still solid as long as Rojo can settle in quickly and Evans regains form

I always maintained that a good attacking unit can easily mask up deficiencies in the squad and United's attacking unit is world-class

LVG's thinking is to control the midfield to remove pressure on the defence. This has always been my preferred style. If the ball isnt 30 yards from your goal, you are already winning half the battle. Conversely, if you are thinking about how strong a back four needs to be to stop a player like Silva, you've already made a mistake. Silva shouldnt have the ball

Right just for ***** n giggles guys name the possible 2 incomings? I will go with Vidal and Mensah.

Don't think he'd count a youth prospect as one. I'm assuming this 16yo isn't some genius who will come into first team anyway.

I'm still thinking we won't get much else, hope we do obviously, another signing or two would be good.

I'll go for.....

Sergio Romero

Ron Vlaar.

Remy is a good 3rd steal for Chelsea imo. Not sure they need to spend the big money on Destro, personally.

Don't think he'd count a youth prospect as one. I'm assuming this 16yo isn't some genius who will come into first team anyway.

I'm still thinking we won't get much else, hope we do obviously, another signing or two would be good.

I'll go for.....

Sergio Romero

Ron Vlaar.
Good shout. Going safe I see ;P

Back