The Manchester United Thread

Nothing wrong with folks been ok with the turgid football and i don't want to hear that give it time business, time i don't have. All i want is attacking flair expansive football but what we're getting now is nothing short of abysmal with zero tempo or ideas.
LVG like moyes probably never realised how poor some of these players are.
We all want that bud. Even I get bored how United plays and simply follow results and switch off to something else.
Edit: Well, if you don't have time, then simply don't watch United till they get couple positive results. I suggest to watch Chelsea or City, they have better squad and they are very attacking.

Tbh, he deserves it. It was really bad mistake that probably cost United win against MK and even today he did the same mistake. It's a simple pass, yet he passed it pretty much straight to opponent. You can see he's not at the full pace, but those mistakes cannot be ignored.
Bit early to be slating him, everyone makes mistakes especially when coming back. He was good before injury.

Bit early to be slating him, everyone makes mistakes especially when coming back. He was good before injury.
Yea, I have no problem with him being slow on and off the ball, but those passes were beginners mistakes. You don't do that. He'll bounce back, he did it one time.

What do you expect with a team with 9-10 injuries a new manager and a new system. Who cares what time you have, did not realise LVG reported to you.

The results i don't care for at this point after last season and not once have i slagged lvg it's the players who are clearly average yet fans with red tinted specs on jump to their defence at every chance when somebody has an opinion on how poor they have been for over a year.

And this time thing sometimes it works the other way, potch at spurs has started very well.

The results i don't care for at this point after last season and not once have i slagged lvg it's the players who are clearly average yet fans with red tinted specs on jump to their defence at every chance when somebody has an opinion on how poor they have been for over a year.

And this time thing sometimes it works the other way, potch at spurs has started very well.
The team aren't going to be playing like world beaters when more than half are out injured. Completely different at Spurs, they have basically the same squad no injures and are playing the same formation as last year add to that he had longer with them and they had a good season last year.

The team aren't going to be playing like world beaters when more than half are out injured. Completely different at Spurs, they have basically the same squad no injures and are playing the same formation as last year add to that he had longer with them and they had a good season last year.

Again i never said world beaters i just said attacking or exciting football which has been missing at united for years.

Lets judge mate when players are back and gelled and use to the new system.

I think it's fair to say i can judge the likes young, valencia, fletcher, welbeck and anderson etc regardless of the sytem.

My rant is nearly over but when you have neutral mates who all say the same thing about united for the past 2-3 years, who all agree that certain players are rubbish you get to the point when you see it from their view and not a bias united fans. I mean at one point i'd defend cleverle, welbeck and even fergie for obertan like signings and the overall awful transfer business since 2010.

I think it's fair to say i can judge the likes young, valencia, fletcher, welbeck and anderson etc regardless of the sytem.

My rant is nearly over but when you have neutral mates who all say the same thing about united for the past 2-3 years, who all agree that certain players are rubbish you get to the point when you see it from their view and not a bias united fans. I mean at one point i'd defend cleverle, welbeck and even fergie for obertan like signings and the overall awful transfer business since 2010.
Hardly biased mate, I have my fair share to say bad about UTD! You have to be realistic though.

Just for proof: -

Manchester City and Chelsea show way to flustered opponents on deadline day | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Observer

The transfer window is certainly a good barometer as to which clubs have been operating with logic, forward planning and minimal risk‑taking and, just as relevantly, which have not. This year’s trolley dash at Arsenal is for another defender and a replacement striker for the injured Olivier Giroud (even though they have had five transfer windows since Robin van Persie left the club to assemble a forward line capable of dealing with that kind of setback). Manchester United are still in the market for a centre-half and another midfielder, even with Daley Blind coming in from Ajax. These are the moments the transfer-holic football fan seems to love. But the best teams always tend to get their business done early then watch the rest with haughty detachment. All that scurrying about, standing by the fax machine and trying to beat the clock for whoever might be available is not a good look.

Hardly biased mate, I have my fair share to say bad about UTD! You have to be realistic though.

I'm saying i use to be very bias and wouldn't have it about players like cleverley then i woke up and saw what they saw.

Right fellas if/when we drop points against qpr there is no room on this bandwagon ;) Wish the deadline would hurry up and come so i can **** this journos out for a year, it's really tedious this transfer stuff.

Tuttosport saying UTD not giving up on Vidal still difference between valuation.

I just can't see Juventus selling Vidal so late into the transfer window mate. Carvalho will be pretty tough as well although recent rumours saying his price has dropped. I reckon more focus will be on ensuring the deadwood (Hernandez, Welbeck, Cleverly etc.) are shipped out. Think Blind coming in wraps up the transfer business and it's a very solid team. What do you reckon?

Just for proof: -

Manchester City and Chelsea show way to flustered opponents on deadline day | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Observer

The transfer window is certainly a good barometer as to which clubs have been operating with logic, forward planning and minimal risk‑taking and, just as relevantly, which have not. This year’s trolley dash at Arsenal is for another defender and a replacement striker for the injured Olivier Giroud (even though they have had five transfer windows since Robin van Persie left the club to assemble a forward line capable of dealing with that kind of setback). Manchester United are still in the market for a centre-half and another midfielder, even with Daley Blind coming in from Ajax. These are the moments the transfer-holic football fan seems to love. But the best teams always tend to get their business done early then watch the rest with haughty detachment. All that scurrying about, standing by the fax machine and trying to beat the clock for whoever might be available is not a good look.

I don't understand Arsenal at all tbh. First Wenger says they won't buy a new striker. Then he says Arsenal will be active on transfer deadline day. In the meantime, Remy who is a proven EPL striker available at a dirt cheap price is slipping through their fingers. Do you reckon United will sell Welbeck to him?

I just can't see Juventus selling Vidal so late into the transfer window mate. Carvalho will be pretty tough as well although recent rumours saying his price has dropped. I reckon more focus will be on ensuring the deadwood (Hernandez, Welbeck, Cleverly etc.) are shipped out. Think Blind coming in wraps up the transfer business and it's a very solid team. What do you reckon?

I'd take another CB or a good CM with open arms... assuming the deadwood are gone in the next few days such as Kagawa, Cleverley, Hernandez. Don't forget we've already got rid of a fair few like Rio, Vida, Evra, Giggs, Zaha, Nani.

I don't understand Arsenal at all tbh. First Wenger says they won't buy a new striker. Then he says Arsenal will be active on transfer deadline day. In the meantime, Remy who is a proven EPL striker available at a dirt cheap price is slipping through their fingers. Do you reckon United will sell Welbeck to him?

Not a chance, considering the Vermealen situation, they'll have to offer huge to get him.

Back