The Manchester United Thread

I just can't see Juventus selling Vidal so late into the transfer window mate. Carvalho will be pretty tough as well although recent rumours saying his price has dropped. I reckon more focus will be on ensuring the deadwood (Hernandez, Welbeck, Cleverly etc.) are shipped out. Think Blind coming in wraps up the transfer business and it's a very solid team. What do you reckon?
Could be right there mate! Happy with our squad and window tbh. Gonna be tough till everyone back and gelled. DT is usually right about transfers though,we will see mate will be watching DD all day from start to finish. See which big boys sneak a last one in :)

I'd take another CB or a good CM with open arms... assuming the deadwood are gone in the next few days such as Kagawa, Cleverley, Hernandez. Don't forget we've already got rid of a fair few like Rio, Vida, Evra, Giggs, Zaha, Nani.

Both please, i'm telling you i'd take ****** vlaar proper leader at the back and for the whole team.

Goals, goals everywhere.
But your point there is really **** poor tbh. Jose already had a a year getting players to know his system, and then had the summer to tweak on that. While having a much stronger base to originally work off. LVG is already shipping out players he considers dross, we've brought in 5 players, we still want 2 more players. And after that we STILL want Strootman. Guess what, that IS going to take time.

If you want to make ****** sly digs, go find another forum. Because at least when we're unhappy here we actually put together some kind of decent debate. Take the silly meltdowns to redcafe.

Both please, i'm telling you i'd take ****** vlaar proper leader at the back and for the whole team.

Yeh I'd have Vlaar, good commanding CB. Short-term but who cares. Still think Vidic letting go was a big mistake.

Not a chance, considering the Vermealen situation, they'll have to offer huge to get him.
He'll hold him as much as he can rather than sell to Arsenal. wonder if Welbeck would move abroad...

I'm a bit disappointed with both parties actually. Welbeck should learn to be a clever wide striker, and we should really be helping him on that, while getting him time up front.

Not a chance, considering the Vermealen situation, they'll have to offer huge to get him.

Nonetheless I reckon United will be still be looking to actively get rid of Welbeck to free up some wages. Also not always good to have too many fringe and unwanted players around. United defo going to be very active on transfer deadline day. Let's see what happens

I'd take another CB or a good CM with open arms... assuming the deadwood are gone in the next few days such as Kagawa, Cleverley, Hernandez. Don't forget we've already got rid of a fair few like Rio, Vida, Evra, Giggs, Zaha, Nani.

Woah, dont be throwing Vidic and Evra's name in as deadwood

He'll hold him as much as he can rather than sell to Arsenal. wonder if Welbeck would move abroad...

Haven't heard about any offers from abroad though. Where do you reckon Cleverely is going to end up?

Nonetheless I reckon United will be still be looking to actively get rid of Welbeck to free up some wages. Also not always good to have too many fringe and unwanted players around. United defo going to be very active on transfer deadline day. Let's see what happens

I really want Welbeck to stay he's really useful option to have, but if he wants regular first-choice selection then unfortunately we have little choice. Still he'll only go if a good offer comes in I imagine, for an English international striker I wouldn't want him gone for anything less than £15m.

Could be right there mate! Happy with our squad and window tbh. Gonna be tough till everyone back and gelled. DT is usually right about transfers though,we will see mate will be watching DD all day from start to finish. See which big boys sneak a last one in :)

Aye looking forward to it myself. Chelsea need to ship out an overseas player and could perhaps sneak another midfielder in. Arsenal definitely will look to get in another striker. United also going to be very active. Should be a great deadline day

Haven't heard about any offers from abroad though. Where do you reckon Cleverely is going to end up?

Villa. If it was me, I'd go to Valencia. He got mocked for it, but he would really do better in Spain.

Vlaar would be good for now. Did Vida say on MUTV interview he wanted new challenge?

Yeh but I reckon if he knew Moyes was gone it wouldn't of happened, just guessing of course, but you could tell how much he loved it here, just by the emotion and when he was saying goodbye to fans.

Anyone see Juve game? Just watched highlight and Vidal got subbed and went to Juve fans and waved and blew kisses.

But your point there is really **** poor tbh. Jose already had a a year getting players to know his system, and then had the summer to tweak on that. While having a much stronger base to originally work off. LVG is already shipping out players he considers dross, we've brought in 5 players, we still want 2 more players. And after that we STILL want Strootman. Guess what, that IS going to take time.

If you want to make ****** sly digs, go find another forum. Because at least when we're unhappy here we actually put together some kind of decent debate. Take the silly meltdowns to redcafe.

My points are very valid and are not based on this season, i'm talking about the club as a whole and if we get beat everyweek that honestly doesn't bother me it's when these so called pro's don't bust a gut, guys like young are getting a free pass and have for years. Like i said my rant is over and i'll keep my ****, tongue in cheek banter to myself or the neutrals.

I really want Welbeck to stay he's really useful option to have, but if he wants regular first-choice selection then unfortunately we have little choice. Still he'll only go if a good offer comes in I imagine, for an English international striker I wouldn't want him gone for anything less than £15m.

Thing is, haven't heard too much about his potential destination aside from tokenistic links to Tottenham. Personally think he is a useful player to have. Young, versatile and talented enough to continue improving

Aye looking forward to it myself. Chelsea need to ship out an overseas player and could perhaps sneak another midfielder in. Arsenal definitely will look to get in another striker. United also going to be very active. Should be a great deadline day
Yep :) What CM mate?

Villa. If it was me, I'd go to Valencia. He got mocked for it, but he would really do better in Spain.

He would definitely benefit in a slower and more possession-orientated league. Would also be good to see more English players head abroad

My points are very valid and are not based on this season, i'm talking about the club as a whole and if we get beat everyweek that honestly doesn't bother me it's when these so called pro's don't bust a gut, guys like young are getting a free pass and have for years. Like i said my rant is over and i'll keep my ****, tongue in cheek banter to myself or the neutrals.

Considering its a different manager its really not. LVG hasnt had a year has he? He's not got much choice with Young because no one will take him on 120k a week. So you use your head and you find someway to make him useful, and if you can make him a useful squad option while you fix the big areas, then thats what you do. He'll probably be gone when his contract ends, but until then you find a use until you can shore the area up.

Back