The Manchester United Thread

Louis van Gaal said: "Chris has improved and developed immensely during the short time that I have been at the club and has become an integral part of the first-team squad. He always conducts himself in a very professional manner and it is also pleasing that he has scored some important goals this season too. I am delighted he has signed a new contract."

Chris Smalling said: "I’m delighted to sign my new contract. I am so proud to play for such a great club. We have developed as a team over the course of the season under Louis van Gaal and we are now playing as a complete unit. This is a very exciting time to be at Manchester United, we are all determined to get back to where we belong and competing at the highest level."

CDHvmGZWYAAf_lV.jpg

Chris Smalling @ChrisSmalling Follow Proud and honoured to sign a new deal at the club. This is an exciting time for everyone at United… https://t.co/HkYIAnG7yA

Excellent news on Smalling's contract. Let's hope that he continues to improve even more with consistent playtime. Now, I still want Jones to sign a new contract. I rather like him, and he definitely gives 120% for the team, without caring for personal injury or anything of the sort.

I also want Rafael to sign a new deal and stay with us, but that seems rather far-fetch'd atm.

Excellent news on Smalling's contract. Let's hope that he continues to improve even more with consistent playtime. Now, I still want Jones to sign a new contract. I rather like him, and he definitely gives 120% for the team, without caring for personal injury or anything of the sort.

I also want Rafael to sign a new deal and stay with us, but that seems rather far-fetch'd atm.
I expect to see a few more In the coming weeks Jones,De Gea,Young.

Smalling has really stepped it up since that City game away, I actually always found him pretty good before that anyway. Really happy with that news, however I don't think Jones deserves a new contract yet.

Smalling has really stepped it up since that City game away, I actually always found him pretty good before that anyway. Really happy with that news, however I don't think Jones deserves a new contract yet.
We should defo sign Jones down to a new contract. He is still young and has shown he is quality when played this season and can improve to an even higher level under LVG.

We should defo sign Jones down to a new contract. He is still young and has shown he is quality when played this season and can improve to an even higher level under LVG.

Wouldn't say quality, he's not been at Smalling's level, he has had a few good games but I still think he's rash and picks up so many injuries.

Jones signing a contract is good news for England too!

edit bah jones meant smalling haha trying to do too many things at once

Last edited:
Hopefully De Gea signs soon because the wait is twitching my ***.