The Manchester United Thread

I am highly doubting it is out of kindness from them, more to do with thinking it is worth much more when thinking about how much our kit deal was.

Its more doe sthe outburst outweigh the money, which it would, and said outburst could affect future money.

Eaasily our worst performance, yet we get all 3 points. Ridiculous

just wanted to ask some of you united fans on your opinion on van gaal. personally i think his overrated and it really shows how poor the league is in that he has managed to scrape a CL spot depsite having a strong squad.

just wanted to ask some of you united fans on your opinion on van gaal. personally i think his overrated and it really shows how poor the league is in that he has managed to scrape a CL spot depsite having a strong squad.

Of course you would, you're a Liverpool fan. Very good manager, average first season, but pretty much delivered what we wanted for a start: top 4, know full well we need more quality in key areas and a lot more balance. This season is all about setting up for the future.

Well, he inherited an imbalanced team and further imbalanced the team...

His approach to the transfer market was poor but i think he'll spend better this time around...

But i think injuries have also played a huge part this season...we've had over 70 injuries this season...mindblowing!..

I won't necessarily judge him until after this summer, when he's gotten his squad

Of course you would, you're a Liverpool fan. Very good manager, average first season, but pretty much delivered what we wanted for a start: top 4, know full well we need more quality in key areas and a lot more balance. This season is all about setting up for the future.

who would you have after van gaal is gone. giggs?...

No chance, not unless he's makes some major steps up in the next 3 years. Which you'd hope he'd do under LVG.

United's long term dream is for that to happen. It's up to Giggs to make it work, or they will go get a world class name.

No chance, not unless he's makes some major steps up in the next 3 years. Which you'd hope he'd do under LVG.

United's long term dream is for that to happen. It's up to Giggs to make it work, or they will go get a world class name.

maybe when simeone is done with his athletico project it might coincide with van gaal stepping down.

Ohh the butthurt and the tears.

Ohh the butthurt and the tears.

lool. when you are an lfc fan the first thing you sign up for are tears. in all honesty i did make a fair point, there was a period in the season including now were you must have been thinking what on earth is he doing with the team, injuries didnt help but still.

lool. when you are an lfc fan the first thing you sign up for are tears. in all honesty i did make a fair point, there was a period in the season including now were you must have been thinking what on earth is he doing with the team, injuries didnt help but still.

I was just jesting pal and i rate LVG but he has disappointed me a little this season but yes injuries haven't helped. Next season will be when we can probably all judge him better.

Lol at LVG being over rated. He's done his minimum this season despite being hampered by various things. Yes he had spent a lot of doe **** I'm happy with the players he bought and will be critical next season either as starters or squad players, depending on how much we strengthen. Was pretty poor again today performance wise, but still getting the win at a tough Palace I'm more than happy! Was pleased with Young,De Gea and Herrera today. **** these injuries are ******* me off! Looking forward to CL next season and we will be better for it.

I'd imagine that's the long term plan, having club icon on the bench would do wonders for the United brand and that sweet sponsor money.

Whether its actually plausible its another story.

But if anyone can beat Giggs into shape its Van Gaal.

Lol at LVG being over rated. He's done his minimum this season despite being hampered by various things. Yes he had spent a lot of doe **** I'm happy with the players he bought and will be critical next season either as starters or squad players, depending on how much we strengthen. Was pretty poor again today performance wise, but still getting the win at a tough Palace I'm more than happy! Was pleased with Young,De Gea and Herrera today. **** these injuries are ******* me off! Looking forward to CL next season and we will be better for it.

Nah...herrera didn't impress me too much today...

For his standards, he was okay...not great

Again, nobody will give falcao the credit he deserves...

Without him, i doubt we would have won that match...

He was the one who made an excellent run that attracted 3 palace that left fellaini unmarked to head it home

He's not being given an chances...

Worst performance in the last 4 games and only game we came out with 3 points. I was not worried about performance as long as we get 3 points from this game and we did. Hopefully Chelsea finishes the job today.

On the game hard to give credit to any player bar De Gea and Young. People can talk about Young's end product all the want but he is the only player in the team who can stretch teams and provide proper width. Yesterday it was like a one man show attackingwise. His cross led to penalty, assisted goal, his shot almost ended up back in the net and he created good chance for Mata but still few posted about his end product because he over hit 1 or 2 crosses with his weaker foot.

Evans is done, one time he won the ball from Zaha and in the next season he just gave it up and ended up looking like a fool. None of the defenders played well. Smalling's worst performance of the season bar City game, Valencia was atrocious.

Fellaini was **** but credit to him for scoring the goal. Passed the ball to Young and made run to the far post. Mata looked like doing something and played with urgency at the end which was bit pleasing to watch.

Also shame that Rafael is out injured. Would have been great chance for him to make his come back. Signing RB is top priority as any position.

Yeah, the **** happened to Evans?

He was by far the best defender bar Vidic and Rio, and under Van Gaal he went completely to ****.

He's so bad that I started to doubt my memory about him being good, but even Football Manager always gave him really excellent stats..so not like I just imagined all of it.

WTF.

Dunno what the **** happened to Evans. At the start of the season, he was atrocious, easily worse than even yesterday (3-5-2). His performance was so disastrous that Phil Jones ended up shouting at him everytime to concentrate.

Then, in mid-season, he was actually pretty good, until he got suspended for the spitting incident. And now, he is back again, and back to the bad..

Strong squad? Which team that is challenging for a league title would play Valencia, Fellaini and Young week in week out (nothing against them, but still)? That and without a set centerback partnership? Liverpool fans were crying despite just losing Sturridge for much of the season, but we had more injuries than you lot.

We went from 7th to 4th. We went from a team that cross and hope for the best to a possession-based team. We went from dreadful in big games to having the best record against the top teams. We are only having problems against the weaker teams which is frustrating, but definitely something much easier to improve on than not being capable of playing against the best.

Back