The Manchester United Thread

Worst performance in the last 4 games and only game we came out with 3 points. I was not worried about performance as long as we get 3 points from this game and we did. Hopefully Chelsea finishes the job today.

On the game hard to give credit to any player bar De Gea and Young. People can talk about Young's end product all the want but he is the only player in the team who can stretch teams and provide proper width. Yesterday it was like a one man show attackingwise. His cross led to penalty, assisted goal, his shot almost ended up back in the net and he created good chance for Mata but still few posted about his end product because he over hit 1 or 2 crosses with his weaker foot.

Evans is done, one time he won the ball from Zaha and in the next season he just gave it up and ended up looking like a fool. None of the defenders played well. Smalling's worst performance of the season bar City game, Valencia was atrocious.

Fellaini was **** but credit to him for scoring the goal. Passed the ball to Young and made run to the far post. Mata looked like doing something and played with urgency at the end which was bit pleasing to watch.

Also shame that Rafael is out injured. Would have been great chance for him to make his come back. Signing RB is top priority as any position.

what?...i thought smallings played well...he got a little nervous when he got matched with evans..who wouldn't be?

Don't get me wrong I like Tony V and Evans, but who would not look nervous playing next to them. Thought Smalling was ok nothing more tbh. We defo need a RB on the summer and a CB if we go in with Valencia as our starting RB we won't be challenging for anything. God and I wish these injury problems would just **** off!

what?...i thought smallings played well...he got a little nervous when he got matched with evans..who wouldn't be?

Don't get me wrong I like Tony V and Evans, but who would not look nervous playing next to them. Thought Smalling was ok nothing more tbh. We defo need a RB on the summer and a CB if we go in with Valencia as our starting RB we won't be challenging for anything. God and I wish these injury problems would just **** off!

Smalling lost ball in dangerous position few times and also he was positionally off for few times. Evans covered at least 2 times that I can remember.

hope Chelsea win today so top four is secured and we can give some of the young lads game time.

Duncan Castles @DuncanCastles
Manchester United in advanced negotiations to sign right back. #MUFC Clyne close to £18m Man Utd move | The Sunday Times
8:10 AM - 10 May 2015

18 Million for a 25 year old RB who is on last year contract is a very bad deal IMO. Also he is not great either to pay over the odds, just average who is protected well by 2 excellent DMs.

His attacking game is very underwhelming, defensively he is not great either. Positionally very suspect but has nice recovery pace.

Our season reminds me of Chelsea last season. Winning the big games but dropping points when we really shouldn't. Just need 3 to four smart additions this summer and we'll be able to challenge next season.

18 Million for a 25 year old RB who is on last year contract is a very bad deal IMO. Also he is not great either to pay over the odds, just average who is protected well by 2 excellent DMs.

His attacking game is very underwhelming, defensively he is not great either. Positionally very suspect but has nice recovery pace.
Thing I was more interested was the deal in place for Gundogan. Would not mind Clyne though I like him as a player. Opinions and all.

Thing I was more interested was the deal in place for Gundogan. Would not mind Clyne though I like him as a player. Opinions and all.

Tbh I don't trust Duncan Castles at all. He spouts so much nonsense all the time. Would be great if we can sign Gundogan.

On Clyne, he is a decent player but if we aiming for big then we need big players. I rate Coleman much higher even though Clyne had better season, also Darmian is very good full back.

Tbh I don't trust Duncan Castles at all. He spouts so much nonsense all the time. Would be great if we can sign Gundogan.

On Clyne, he is a decent player but if we aiming for big then we need big players. I rate Coleman much higher even though Clyne had better season, also Darmian is very good full back.
Darmian is a good shout. But I guess after last year and this season improvement our scouts and LVG must think Clyne is progressing well and fits what he wants. Tbh I think Coleman is a bit over rated IMO and to much blood and thunder like Rafa for LVG to go anywhere near.

Darmian is a good shout. But I guess after last year and this season improvement our scouts and LVG must think Clyne is progressing well and fits what he wants. Tbh I think Coleman is a bit over rated IMO and to much blood and thunder like Rafa for LVG to go anywhere near.

Yeah but we need full backs to provide width and contribute a lot in the attack. With Mata coming centrally RB should be a proper attacker.

Don't really want Clyne, we don't need another young English player to develop in the first team and not to mention in big European games relying on him would be unwise.

I'd prefer Darmian by a mile as he has more experience in my opinion and more to his game. Am I the only one worried about the LB situation as well? Shaw constantly injured and Blind whilst I think can do decent there, bit worried if he comes up against the best.

Don't really want Clyne, we don't need another young English player to develop in the first team and not to mention in big European games relying on him would be unwise.

I'd prefer Darmian by a mile as he has more experience in my opinion and more to his game. Am I the only one worried about the LB situation as well? Shaw constantly injured and Blind whilst I think can do decent there, bit worried if he comes up against the best.

Even I'm not convinced by Clyne but your reasons are contradicting.

Clyne is just 6 months younger and both are not youngsters anymore. Darmian played total of 189 games including few games in Serie B, Clyne has played 236 games including few in championship.

Both have made to the national set up in recent years and both are not tested in champions league. Darmian has played in Europa league though.

Also re LB, that position is set. There isn't even 1% doubt on Shaw. Chelsea was the toughest away ground we could play this season and Shaw was out best player on that day.

Even I'm not convinced by Clyne but your reasons are contradicting.

Clyne is just 6 months younger and both are not youngsters anymore. Darmian played total of 189 games including few games in Serie B, Clyne has played 236 games including few in championship.

Both have made to the national set up in recent years and both are not tested in champions league. Darmian has played in Europa league though.

Also re LB, that position is set. There isn't even 1% doubt on Shaw. Chelsea was the toughest away ground we could play this season and Shaw was out best player on that day.

Not really, whilst they are of similar age Darmian is more experienced in Europe and internationally, so I don't see how my point doesn't stand.

I'm not saying that my worry over Shaw is because of his ability, if you read I said due to his constant injuries and the cover we have in that position. Bare in mind that the cover there will be pretty crucial considering how often he gets injured if this season is anything to go off.

Clyne is over hyped cos he is English, we need a fullback who offers a lot both ways and in my opinion he is suspect defensively and meh.... going forward. Ok his pace saves him sometimes but against the best good luck with that.

Last edited:
Not really, whilst they are of similar age Darmian is more experienced in Europe and internationally, so I don't see how my point doesn't stand.

I'm not saying that my worry over Shaw is because of his ability, if you read I said due to his constant injuries and the cover we have in that position. Bare in mind that the cover there will be pretty crucial considering how often he gets injured if this season is anything to go off.

Clyne is over hyped cos he is English, we need a fullback who offers a lot both ways and in my opinion he is suspect defensively and meh.... going forward. Ok his pace saves him sometimes but against the best good luck with that.

More experienced as in playing few more games for Italy and playing in Europa league against **** teams? Except 1 or 2 all were just **** teams. So whatever experience advantage you are talking about is negligible. If anything Clyne has played more games at top level than Darmian.

Saying that I would love to sign Darmian though. He looked very good going forward for Italy, so I'm assuming that's the case for his club too.

Also yesterday Shaw's injury is not serious. It was concussion or some small head injury. He should be back next game, at least that's what Van Gaal said. If he is injured we have Blind and Rojo, both play as LBs for their National teams. I don't have any worry about LB position.

Anyone one see Memphis free kick today? **** me what a corker Ronaldo top draw stuff must of been 30-40 yrd out :)

Back