The Manchester United Thread

Pressure off now. We'll smash Arsenal and Hull. Try and get 3rd and a later start for the Champions League

Pressure off now. We'll smash Arsenal and Hull. Try and get 3rd and a later start for the Champions League

Not sure about Arsenal, but we should play with next season in mind, a bit more risk to steal 2 wins on the bounce and see where that puts us

Not really, whilst they are of similar age Darmian is more experienced in Europe and internationally, so I don't see how my point doesn't stand.

I'm not saying that my worry over Shaw is because of his ability, if you read I said due to his constant injuries and the cover we have in that position. Bare in mind that the cover there will be pretty crucial considering how often he gets injured if this season is anything to go off.

Clyne is over hyped cos he is English, we need a fullback who offers a lot both ways and in my opinion he is suspect defensively and meh.... going forward. Ok his pace saves him sometimes but against the best good luck with that.

More experienced as in playing few more games for Italy and playing in Europa league against **** teams? Except 1 or 2 all were just **** teams. So whatever experience advantage you are talking about is negligible. If anything Clyne has played more games at top level than Darmian.

Saying that I would love to sign Darmian though. He looked very good going forward for Italy, so I'm assuming that's the case for his club too.

Also yesterday Shaw's injury is not serious. It was concussion or some small head injury. He should be back next game, at least that's what Van Gaal said. If he is injured we have Blind and Rojo, both play as LBs for their National teams. I don't have any worry about LB position.

Right now, Clyne is a better right back than Darmian. And it's nothing to to with him being being English, he's just better. He should actually have been playing for England for the last two years but Roy loves Johnson for some bizarre reason.

Not sure about Arsenal, but we should play with next season in mind, a bit more risk to steal 2 wins on the bounce and see where that puts us

Would require a small miracle to get third for Utd.

Right now, Clyne is a better right back than Darmian. And it's nothing to to with him being being English, he's just better. He should actually have been playing for England for the last two years but Roy loves Johnson for some bizarre reason.

Opinions huh, I personally rate Darmian higher than Clyne.

Oh yeh Sunlivk - for some total reason Rojo escaped my mind, LB isn't an issue with that in mind.

Cause Roy hasn't got a clue!

I still wouldn't want to write Rafael off, I know his injuries are a pain in the **** but he's a useful squad option and he's actually really good RB.

At the moment I'd definitely rather have him than not, considering Valencia is our best option atm, wouldn't even want Valencia as best backup option for next season.

Opinions huh, I personally rate Darmian higher than Clyne.

Oh yeh Sunlivk - for some total reason Rojo escaped my mind, LB isn't an issue with that in mind.

Darmian has been playing as a wingback rather than a full back. And Clyne has been playing in a dutch setup under Koeman, which immediately puts him in a good stead for us.

Darmian has been playing as a wingback rather than a full back. And Clyne has been playing in a dutch setup under Koeman, which immediately puts him in a good stead for us.

Good point about under Koeman, I'm not saying it would be a bad buy or anything, no denying he's a capable player who can perhaps become shrewd business. It's just the risk I'm worried about, Darmian would be one as well don't get me wrong, I'd genuinely prefer a more experienced RB as I feel our back line at the moment needs it. Where one would come from immediately off the top of my head not sure, hard to come by and don't want to go totally the other way with a 33 year old Srna.

Then again I suppose having an experienced CB brought in would make it less important.

Good point about under Koeman, I'm not saying it would be a bad buy or anything, no denying he's a capable player who can perhaps become shrewd business. It's just the risk I'm worried about, Darmian would be one as well don't get me wrong, I'd genuinely prefer a more experienced RB as I feel our back line at the moment needs it. Where one would come from immediately off the top of my head not sure, hard to come by and don't want to go totally the other way with a 33 year old Srna.

Then again I suppose having an experienced CB brought in would make it less important.

In terms of experience there is practically nothing between the two. Rather go with Clyne and if Rafael goes, Alves (yes im crazy but it would be brilliant experienced cover)

In terms of experience there is practically nothing between the two. Rather go with Clyne and if Rafael goes, Alves (yes im crazy but it would be brilliant experienced cover)

Alves would be brilliant short term option. Massively experienced and a leader. He is very underrated, he has faced almost all big wingers and came out on top. Also he is excellent on the ball.

Depay has scored 7 goals from free kicks, more than anyone in top 6 leagues.

Alves would be brilliant short term option. Massively experienced and a leader. He is very underrated, he has faced almost all big wingers and came out on top. Also he is excellent on the ball.
Alves would be good option but I think he is about to sign a new contract a few Barca fans were telling me, also Ballague thinks he will stay. After that Clyne would be the next best option IMO with Valencia as back up or Janko or Varela depending on how high the club rates them.

Back