The Manchester United Thread

A manager wouldn't go into personal details like that such as his girlfriend and an offer from another 'great club' if the transfer wasn't happening.

Plenty of fans are just clutching at this point.

A manager wouldn't go into personal details like that such as his girlfriend and an offer from another 'great club' if the transfer wasn't happening.
HES just telling the truth, if it was happening it would be done. There will still be negotiating at this point to get him to stay.

Plenty of fans are just clutching at this point.
No one is clutching at anything. Im fine if he leaves, we will move on as we always do. Nobody knows whats happening. Zzeezzy thinks he gone I think he might stay. No one knows. Lets wait and see.

HES just telling the truth, if it was happening it would be done. There will still be negotiating at this point to get him to stay.

There are similarities in this to the final Cesc saga we had before he left for Barcelona. What Van Gaal is basically saying is that he accepts it will happen, but he wont be ****** in the *** with a lowball offer.

There are similarities in this to the final Cesc saga we had before he left for Barcelona. What Van Gaal is basically saying is that he accepts it will happen, but he wont be ****** in the *** with a lowball offer.
Yeah could be.

LVG on MUTV

Van Gaal added: "A transfer is a process involving a player, a club and his present club. He has to choose.

"It is not easy to choose between two great clubs. We would be very happy if he stays. Of course he is Spanish and his girlfriend is Spanish and he can go to another great club, so it is difficult for him to decide.

"David De Gea shall not leave us so easily because we are a great club and he wants to participate."

Well, still, alot of work to be done.

But we aren't far away...

Smallings is finally fulfilling that promise i gave up on a year ago...

We need a liable partner for him...Like hummels...

Sell jonny evans and bring in an extra LB to cover shaw. \

We can have Hummels and Smallings as first choice with jones and rojo as solid backups...and mcnair...

For RB, Now, sell rafeal and get clyne...Valencia would make a good backup

For midfield, i still maintain the fact that fellaini should be a backup and not a starter if we're winning titles

Looks like we've got gundogan...I'm hoping we go to look for a replacement for carrick

Our wings are good...especially with nani coming back. That just leaves our striker conundrum...

We need that van persie of 2012-2013 but he's past it now...we need a killer in front of goal

Lacazette comes to mind...pacy...strong and clinical...

My ideal starting XI for next season

De gea(hopefully he signs)
.....Clyne....Smallings...Hummels...Shaw
..................Carrick(or new singing)
.............Herrera.......Dimaria/Gundogan...
Mata..............................Depay
...............Lacazette.....................

Then we would have a strong *** bench

Well, still, alot of work to be done.

But we aren't far away...

Smallings is finally fulfilling that promise i gave up on a year ago...

We need a liable partner for him...Like hummels...

Sell jonny evans and bring in an extra LB to cover shaw. \

We can have Hummels and Smallings as first choice with jones and rojo as solid backups...and mcnair...

For RB, Now, sell rafeal and get clyne...Valencia would make a good backup

For midfield, i still maintain the fact that fellaini should be a backup and not a starter if we're winning titles

Looks like we've got gundogan...I'm hoping we go to look for a replacement for carrick

Our wings are good...especially with nani coming back. That just leaves our striker conundrum...

We need that van persie of 2012-2013 but he's past it now...we need a killer in front of goal

Lacazette comes to mind...pacy...strong and clinical...

My ideal starting XI for next season

De gea(hopefully he signs)
.....Clyne....Smallings...Hummels...Shaw
..................Carrick(or new singing)
.............Herrera.......Dimaria/Gundogan...
Mata..............................Depay
...............Lacazette.....................

Then we would have a strong *** bench
Think Clyne and Gundogan will be very tough. And Lacazette impossible.

No one has said he will not leave. the point is he still might not leave. he still hasnt taken the Madrid offer either.

Someone brought up an interesting point on reddit.

If Real Madrid gets a transfer ban, they will no doubt appeal and be able to transfer this summer, but would probably be banned for the next few windows. Man Utd could maybe say no to all offers for De Gea this summer and he'd be forced to either leave United for free and wait for Real Madrid to be able to sign him, or sign a contract with Man Utd

No one has said he will not leave. the point is he still might not leave. he still hasnt taken the Madrid offer either.

I'm still confused because it wasn't so along ago people were saying he's an Atletico boy he'd never go to Real. Now all of a sudden that's gone out the window and everyone is regarding it as a rather likely possibility.

Losing him would hurt big time but if I was him I'd think twice before joining them, he'd sacrifice any bond with Atletico and be at risk of being the victim of awful fans at Real Madrid if he doesn't perform.

Back