The Manchester United Thread

I'm still confused because it wasn't so along ago people were saying he's an Atletico boy he'd never go to Real. Now all of a sudden that's gone out the window and everyone is regarding it as a rather likely possibility.

Losing him would hurt big time but if I was him I'd think twice before joining them, he'd sacrifice any bond with Atletico and be at risk of being the victim of awful fans at Real Madrid if he doesn't perform.

Its because he's gone via United. I suspect what's driving him is that his family is in Spain, and his girlfriend.

I'm still confused because it wasn't so along ago people were saying he's an Atletico boy he'd never go to Real. Now all of a sudden that's gone out the window and everyone is regarding it as a rather likely possibility.

Losing him would hurt big time but if I was him I'd think twice before joining them, he'd sacrifice any bond with Atletico and be at risk of being the victim of awful fans at Real Madrid if he doesn't perform.
I think that's the problem, theres a lot to decide. At Utd he is loved and happy and is undisputed No1 and in a team on the up, even his parents like it here plus then plus the huge offer we have made him, and his friends here. Then if he goes to Madrid Cassilas may still be there and he not starting all games, Barca are going to dominate La Liga again, Madrids possible transfer ban making them even more un competitive. Then remember his parents saying in an interview he like the quite life and not being harassed by the media and so like he would playing for Madrid. Then he has to think of his partner, but even she has said she likes coming here. A lot to mull over and decide on and hes just taking his time imo.

980DC820AC8A43E4943CD26266632502.ashx
47F8460354264E0FBDE68A9DECDF621C.ashx
7C2505A5D8844B9EB3BB3597915C77F4.ashx

I think we need a big clear out this season again, should trim the squad and concentrate more on balancing the squad rather than having players just for the sake of it.

Players like Falcao, RVP should be leave/sold, they are among the highest paid players in the league but they aren't even first choice players.

We should offload RVP, Falcao, Evans, Lindegaard. Also from the players out on loan I'm sure Hernandez and Nani will be sold, which is shame. Nani could add lot to this team, same with Hernandez. Rather have Hernandez as back up than RVP and Falcao.

Pereira, Januzaj, Wilson should either get more mins or should be loaned out. We should take a leaf out of Chelsea book on how to send players on loan. It's not always good to send players to championship or league 1, it's more physical with little importance to technical and tactical side, IMO Dutch league is better for learning important aspects of the game. German league has progressed so not many clubs will take players on loan.

I think we need a big clear out this season again, should trim the squad and concentrate more on balancing the squad rather than having players just for the sake of it.

Players like Falcao, RVP should be leave/sold, they are among the highest paid players in the league but they aren't even first choice players.

We should offload RVP, Falcao, Evans, Lindegaard. Also from the players out on loan I'm sure Hernandez and Nani will be sold, which is shame. Nani could add lot to this team, same with Hernandez. Rather have Hernandez as back up than RVP and Falcao.

Pereira, Januzaj, Wilson should either get more mins or should be loaned out. We should take a leaf out of Chelsea book on how to send players on loan. It's not always good to send players to championship or league 1, it's more physical with little importance to technical and tactical side, IMO Dutch league is better for learning important aspects of the game. German league has progressed so not many clubs will take players on loan.
Defo need a clear out imo. Lindergaard,Amos,Rafa,Evans,Thorpe,Cleverly,Nani,Hernandez,Henriquez,Falcao,RVP should all be sold. If we were to keep any I would keep Hernandez, then have Rooney,Hernandez,Wilson as our 3 STRs they simply aint many if any I can think of out there that are gettable which are a) Good enough and young enough and b) happy to sit on the bench. I would keep Rafa also.

ig_JAvbb_normal.jpeg
Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst IF De Gea goes, possible #mufc will sign two goalkeepers. Lindegaard and Amos definitely off this summer and Johnstone might go, too.

Very good point.
I'm not sure why there is such a delay in him signing, but if He want's to go to Spain and have every second, of every day in his life scrutinized by the Spanish press, then good luck to him.

Gary Neville made an interesting point regarding the possible transfer.
If they want De Gea so bad, hold them to ransom and say we want Bale as part of the deal.

N.B: Hope it's ok to actually type something in the 'copy and paste' twitter section. ;)

Back