The Manchester United Thread

Pereira is with Brazil most the summer.

Valdes
Valencia-McNair-Smalling-Rojo
Blind
Herrera-Pearson
Januzaj-Wilson-Di Maria

Would we get away with playing a team like that though with the FA. Obviously its a very big game for Hull but also Newcastle and Sunderland. Imagine we play that team and lose and either Sunderland or Newcastle get relegated. Surely we'd be in some kind of trouble with the FA and probably open ourselves up to be taken to court by the relegated team. You could argue that Pearson and Wilson are players you wouldnt normally expect to be pushing for a place anyway but I wouldnt be happy if I was either Sunderland or Newcastle.

Would we get away with playing a team like that though with the FA. Obviously its a very big game for Hull but also Newcastle and Sunderland. Imagine we play that team and lose and either Sunderland or Newcastle get relegated. Surely we'd be in some kind of trouble with the FA and probably open ourselves up to be taken to court by the relegated team. You could argue that Pearson and Wilson are players you wouldnt normally expect to be pushing for a place anyway but I wouldnt be happy if I was either Sunderland or Newcastle.

Wilson has played before...heck he's even got 3 goals to his name in the first team...

I would probably take pearson out and put in fellaini

We can play who we like I think. Its not exactly a weak team is with Valdes,Valencia,Smalling,Rojo,Blind,Herrera,Januzaj,Di Maria all playing.

Wilson has played before...heck he's even got 3 goals to his name in the first team...

I would probably take pearson out and put in fellaini

Yes I know that but if you was John Carver and you found out United played Wilson instead of RVP/Falcao, and McNair instead of Jones, Pearson instead of Fellaini, Januzaj instead of Mata (maybe not so much Januzaj but still....), I would be ****** off

Yes I know that but if you was John Carver and you found out United played Wilson instead of RVP/Falcao, and McNair instead of Jones, Pearson instead of Fellaini, Januzaj instead of Mata (maybe not so much Januzaj but still....), I would be ****** off
Who cares. Its not our fault they are where they are! LVG will do as he please. Newcastle should have played better or run there club better, then they would not be in the mess there in.

Have you seen falcao and rvp this season?

Newcaslte might have a case if we make 7+ changes and hull win by a couple.

Sure, Carver would be ****** off, but he can't do anything about it. Not like we've taken money from other teams to play this lineup. He'll get laughed out of court/FA. Essentially, you can play who you want. We want to give our youngsters a chance, and we're doing so. not violating any laws or anything of the sort.

https://vid.me/QiTG

Van Gaal singing "Luis Van Gaal Red Army"

:D

I am so dissapointed in Van Gaal. I only followed United this season in hope of ball showing, hissy fits at press conferences, and drama with another managers.

Instead I've got a very likeable older fella who apparently loves the club, loves the fans, and basically enjoys himself.

Meh.

Thought this was pretty interesting Times Webchat - James Ducker - Extremely detail information about potential signings and new formation.

Free Text Host - The Anonymous Text Hosting Service - No Registration Required

They're in for a very, very busy summer. Now that they've secured Champions League, they're tearing the house down and rebuilding it from the ground up. We've been told that there could be as many as 8 out and the same amount in. The expectation is a net spend upwards of £150m, although if Bale becomes available, they're happy to get him on top of that.

Van Gaal wants two players for each position, he's really looking for depth and balance in a squad which he intends will fight hard for four trophies next season...and that would be the expectation of the board too.

On a business level, Ed Woodward is very eager to bring in one or two of the biggest, and most marketable, names in Europe. Under Moyes, he pushed hard for Thiago, Kroos and Cavani - but Moyes was more inclined to move for players he'd personally scouted.

---------------------

Goalkeeper - Of course, they're set if De Gea stays. A few months ago, United were convinced he would, but things are very much up in the air now. It's a coin toss, really. Our information is that De Gea simply cannot make a decision. He's settled in Manchester, loves working for Van Gaal and has real affection for the club. On the other hand, Madrid is Madrid. They're hard to turn down for any player, and for De Gea it becomes harder when you consider his family and partner situation.

If he was to go, and for argument's sake I'm going to say 'tails, he's gone', they have real interest in Petr Cech; although they've received little encouragement from Chelsea to this point. If Chelsea refuse to do business with them - and they should - it's likely they'll move for Bernd Leno, Jan Oblak or Kevin Trapp - all of whom they scouted multiple times this season before signing Valdes.

Targets: Petr Cech, Bernd Leno, Jan Oblak, Kevin Trapp

------------------

Defence - Evans and Rafael will leave.

Van Gaal loves Chris Smalling. His raw physical tools are unmatched, and he's been singled out for praise repeatedly. Concerns remain, though, over his ability on the ball. It's an issue that Van Gaal and his coaches have been working on daily. They believe, with progression, he could be one of the best in Europe. United will pair him with a ball playing centre back this summer. Hummels is more likely, although an ambitious move for Varane is preferred.

Varane's Madrid teammate is United's clear favourite right back option. Nathaniel Clyne was an early target, but Van Gaal quickly ruled him out after more detailed scouting.

Targets: Dani Carvajal, Mats Hummels or Raphael Varane.

--------------------------

Midfield - Tom Cleverley will leave.

Andreas Periera is highly regarded, and will be a firm part of the first team squad next season. United's starting midfield is better than it's been in a long, long time - but very light in terms of depth. Van Gaal doesn't want a situation where Wayne Rooneh is shoehorned into midfield again next year. Carrick and Herrera are excellent, but if one of them are out it's a real struggle. United simply don't have a lot in reserve. Blind's a decent, versatile squad player but no more than that. His physical limitations will always hold him back. No team who regularly starts Daley Blind in midfield are going to be challenging for big trophies.

Which brings us to Paul Pogba. The undisputed number one target for Manchester United this summer. Privately, they're desperate to bring him back, and not at all concerned by the projected £60m fee. Pogba's agent has given them plenty of encouragement and it's a deal they're confident of securing.

A long-term replacement for Carrick - who Van Gaal recently said could play until he's 40, although perhaps moving to defence at some point - will also be bought. Kevin Strootman was first choice for this role, but interest in him has died completely due to the Dutchman's injury problems and United's reluctance to live through another Owen Hargreaves situation. Granit Xhaka is now the preferred candidate, with Geofferey Kondogbia - who's a more defensive minded player - also considered.

Targets: Paul Pogba, Granit Xhaka, Geofferey Kondogbia (central midfield)

--------------------------

Forwards - Hernandez, Nani and Van Persie will leave. Falcao's option will not be taken. The highly rated James Wilson will be loaned out to a Premier League team.

Since October, Van Gaal has been privately describing the fluid, dynamic 4-3-3 formation that he intends for United in the long term. This year, he said, was a means to an end. Next year, he hopes, will see the realisation of his plan. Before United's home game against Burnley in February, Van Gaal delighted in outlining his vision - off the record - to a room filled with freezing writers. His vision was of a Manchester United team comprised of intelligent, fast, physical players who were adept in every facet of the game. Strikers putting in defensive shifts, centre backs breaking through the lines and becoming playmakers. Total Football 2015.

In keeping with this, the plodding pair of Van Persie and Falcao will be sacrificed for mobile, inventive forwards who can press high and create chances 1v1. The misfiring Di Maria will be given another chance to show what he's capable of, in a team and system that should be better suited to his attributes. Rooney's status as a Manchester United player is safe, although his position as a regular starter is far from secure. Van Gaal has been increasingly disappointed and dismissive in regards to Rooney's ability to influence a match and, crucially, to score goals. Interestingly, Van Gaal has recently been talking about his feeling that Juan Mata could be a potential revelation as a false 9.

Memphis Depay has already been signed. Gareth Bale is United's number one attacking target. They feel he'd shine in any of the 3 attacking roles. In a reversal of the De Gea situation, Bale's family are pushing hard for him to come back to Britain, and his agent - although bullish publicly - concedes it's likely he'll move this summer. United would have competition for his signature, but they've already put a lot of work in behind the scenes and would surely be in pole position if he were to become available. In addition to Bale, United will sign a striker to replace the departing Falcao and Van Persie. The profile they have, is for a player who's adept at dropping off and creating, as much as leading the line and scoring goals. Thomas Muller and Harry Kane are being considered, although United are wary of dealing with Spurs' Daniel Levy.

Targets: Gareth Bale, Thomas Muller, Harry Kane

--------------------

GK: Cech/Valdes

RB: Carvajal/Valencia
CB: Smalling/Jones
CB: Hummels/Rojo
LB: Shaw/Blind

DM: Carrick/Xhaka
CM: Herrera/Pereira
CM: Pogba/Mata

RW: Bale/Januzaj
ST: Rooney/Muller
LW: Di Maria/Depay

Young, Fellaini and Lingard will make up their squad.

Sure, Carver would be ****** off, but he can't do anything about it. Not like we've taken money from other teams to play this lineup. He'll get laughed out of court/FA. Essentially, you can play who you want. We want to give our youngsters a chance, and we're doing so. not violating any laws or anything of the sort.

Blackpool and i think wolves have been fined in the past for making wholesale changes.

T

--------------------

GK: Cech/Valdes

RB: Carvajal/Valencia
CB: Smalling/Jones
CB: Hummels/Rojo
LB: Shaw/Blind

DM: Carrick/Xhaka
CM: Herrera/Pereira
CM: Pogba/Mata

RW: Bale/Januzaj
ST: Rooney/Muller
LW: Di Maria/Depay

Young, Fellaini and Lingard will make up their squad.

That forward line would be ridiculous. No real pace upfront at ST, plus no clinical finishing. I'd be gleeful otherwise. Although, defensively, Carvajal is just as suspect as anyone else..

That forward line would be ridiculous. No real pace upfront at ST, plus no clinical finishing. I'd be gleeful otherwise. Although, defensively, Carvajal is just as suspect as anyone else..
Would be **** of a team. Muller is very clinical.

Would be **** of a team. Muller is very clinical.

Don't get me wrong, on the whole, the team would be brilliant. But 1, Mueller won't be sold, and 2, he isn't that clinical upfront, and 3, lacks pace. The team listed there will be outstanding for counter-attacking, but I dunno if Mueller has the pace for that. If we can't get a proper striker, we should retain Hernandez as rotation with Rooney.

Back