The Manchester United Thread

Sunlivk you always rave over Nani but the fact of the matter is he has been mediocre for us and had enough chances to prove otherwise. He's not better than an inform Di Maria and he's not better than Ashley Young (this season).

Nani, on form, can give di maria a run for his money

Sunlivk you always rave over Nani but the fact of the matter is he has been mediocre for us and had enough chances to prove otherwise. He's not better than an inform Di Maria and he's not better than Ashley Young (this season).

Mediocre?
Last 3 seasons he played grand total of 1191 mins which is equivalent to 13 games, that's for 3 seasons including this. Hardly any chance for him to prove his worth.

Before that (only in League)
2009-10 - 1590 mins (17 games) - 4 goals and 6 assists (159 mins per goal/assist)
2010-11 - 2674 mins (29 games) - 9 goals and 14 assists (116 mins per goal/assist)
2011-12 - 2111 mins (23 games) - 8 goals and 10 assists (117 mins per goal/assist)

After that season he played 631 mins and 530 mins in the league for 2 seasons, that's not giving chances at all.

Even in his debut season he got total 16 assists.

Just because he loses ball many times doesn't mean he is mediocre, you can enjoy Valencias all you want who can keep the ball safe all game, I will rate and enjoy players like Nani who always try to create chances than playing it safe.

Now tell me how did he flop when he was always among the top assist makers in the league.

How was Valdes , btw? I cba watching the whole game just to see how he did. ;)

How was Valdes , btw? I cba watching the whole game just to see how he did. ;)

Just like he was at Barca. Excellent shot stopping but poor at commanding the area. He just can't deal with crosses.

Just like he was at Barca. Excellent shot stopping but poor at commanding the area. He just can't deal with crosses.

Plus his handling is suspect, also. Really good with silly mistakes - his Barca career, technically. So much of Pique and Valdes shortcomings were masked when Puyol was present - guy was a ****** unbelievable wall.

Mediocre?
Last 3 seasons he played grand total of 1191 mins which is equivalent to 13 games, that's for 3 seasons including this. Hardly any chance for him to prove his worth.

Before that (only in League)
2009-10 - 1590 mins (17 games) - 4 goals and 6 assists (159 mins per goal/assist)
2010-11 - 2674 mins (29 games) - 9 goals and 14 assists (116 mins per goal/assist)
2011-12 - 2111 mins (23 games) - 8 goals and 10 assists (117 mins per goal/assist)

After that season he played 631 mins and 530 mins in the league for 2 seasons, that's not giving chances at all.

Even in his debut season he got total 16 assists.

Just because he loses ball many times doesn't mean he is mediocre, you can enjoy Valencias all you want who can keep the ball safe all game, I will rate and enjoy players like Nani who always try to create chances than playing it safe.

Now tell me how did he flop when he was always among the top assist makers in the league.

Because as was discussed a while back, stats don't tell the whole story. **** Young has had a fantastic season and his stats in terms of goals and assists are still low. It's his contribution to the team that tells the real story, with Nani he was selfish and often had a bad end product, sometimes this was masked by a moment of magic he is capable of. He doesn't fit into the LVG philosophy, perhaps I would like to keep him just to see if he has changed but he has had plenty of chances.

Also let me ask you a question, look at Di Maria's assists and chances created for this season, does this relate to him having a good season?

Let's hope De Gea see's this and is like "well I can't leave Man Utd in the hands of this guy. Better stay to help them"

What do you make of the situations of Ángel Di María and David De Gea? Will they be Manchester United players next season?
Mark: De Gea won’t be. Personally, I don’t think he will be as big a loss as many think. Yes, he has earned many points with crucial saves this season, but a more communicative keeper may have organised the back four better to ensure he didn’t have to make the saves in the first place.

----

Certain words from Mark Ogden that De Gea won't be here next season, Petr Cech, Hugo Lloris or Jan Oblak... again from Atletico Madrid are our potential targets.

He also says in this article that he doesn't think De Gea will be missed as much as people think because he is not a very communicative goalkeeper to organise the defence well.

http://utdreport.com/2015/05/17/qa-with-the-telegraphs-mark-ogden/

Because as was discussed a while back, stats don't tell the whole story. **** Young has had a fantastic season and his stats in terms of goals and assists are still low. It's his contribution to the team that tells the real story, with Nani he was selfish and often had a bad end product, sometimes this was masked by a moment of magic he is capable of. He doesn't fit into the LVG philosophy, perhaps I would like to keep him just to see if he has changed but he has had plenty of chances.

Also let me ask you a question, look at Di Maria's assists and chances created for this season, does this relate to him having a good season?

Young had fantastic season when you compare to his level, not on a world class level.

I don't have to even check stats, all you need to do is check the posts from 2009-2012 and see how Nani was rated. His last 2 seasons made people forget how good he was.

And he is not selfish, yes he took some shots from distance which looked idiotic but he is not selfish, far from it. He had most assists in PL from so and so period till last season and he has a beast of a shot so he backs himself.

Whether Nani is a Van Gaal type player or not is not up for discussion, it's about what he did in the past as that's what we are discussing.

Also poll in Redcafe in 2012, that's how close it was between Nani and Rooney.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/rooney-vs-nani.347655/

Duncan Castles and a few other people saying Gundogan has agreed terms and will join after the German cup.

Dani Alves said PSG is not an option for him and he is 1 and half foot out of Barca already.

Hopefully we are in for him.

Dani Alves has ruled out a summer move to Paris Saint-Germain, but has also suggested he has more than half of his body out of Barcelona.
Speaking at a press conference on Monday, the right-back said he has still not taken a decision on his future, with his contract set to expire at the end of June.
He explained that he will wait until after the Champions League final before thinking about next season.
However, he did confirm that French champions PSG are not among his options if he does leave Barcelona, opening the door to a possible move to Premier League side Manchester United.
"PSG is not an option," he said afer an entertaining half an hour in front of the press.
"The president [Josep Maria Bartomeu] knows what he has to do if he wants me to stay, but at the moment I have more than half my body out of the club.
"I still have two feet inside the team, but one foot, a body and a head outside of the club."
"I won't compare Barça's offer with offers from other clubs, because the club I have given so much for would lose by quite a distance."
Alves reiterated his desire to remain at Camp Nou, but it seems he remains a long way from an agreement with the club.

Dani Alves closes door on PSG as Barcelona future remains undecided |

ig_JAvbb_normal.jpeg
Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst Manchester United U21s captain Tom Thorpe set to leave on free transfer http://bit.ly/1EsXnY6 #mufc

Monaco apparently letting go anyone they have a good offer for, would take Moutinho and Kondogbia off them straight away.

Dani Alves said PSG is not an option for him and he is 1 and half foot out of Barca already.

Hopefully we are in for him.
He would be a gigantic upgrade over Valencia even at his current age. With no really good RBs available, he would be the perfect stop-gap solution to our RB problems.

Still don't think Otamendi is all that for the price we'd have to pay. I know he's been fantastic this season but you want to go off a lot more than one season when paying the quoted price of like £36m.

Problem is the alternatives are hard to find.

Still don't think Otamendi is all that for the price we'd have to pay. I know he's been fantastic this season but you want to go off a lot more than one season when paying the quoted price of like £36m.

Problem is the alternatives are hard to find.
He was good at Porto and early years at Valencia, now he is just the finished article. With his best years ahead. Cant wait till its announced, just a shame he will miss the start of the season.

He was good at Porto and early years at Valencia, now he is just the finished article. With his best years ahead. Cant wait till its announced, just a shame he will miss the start of the season.

Yeh very good player, I'm just old school and can't fathom the money in football these days. There is no better alternative, Hummels arguably but he's comitted to Dortmund it seems and even that's debatable, Otamendi has been better this season.

Probably should say IF it's announced, don't think anything is done yet!

Back