The Manchester United Thread

Gaitan?...C'mon

Our squad is swarming with wingers already...unless we want to sell nani and loan out januzaj, i don't think that'll work out

Gaitan?...C'mon

Our squad is swarming with wingers already...unless we want to sell nani and loan out januzaj, i don't think that'll work out

He's a poor man's Di Maria. Think it's just agent and club trying to get other clubs interested, we should not be in for a player like Gaitan and I'd be very disappointed if we were.

He's a poor man's Di Maria. Think it's just agent and club trying to get other clubs interested, we should not be in for a player like Gaitan and I'd be very disappointed if we were.

He's become the new wesley snejder...

Always linked with us in every window

Neat result for Sevilla, I've predicted few years ago Krychowiak has all the papers to be midfield star in the future, and there we go. A bit raw technically, but he has 4 lungs I swear. I wouldn't be shocked if he scores a top club transfer right this summer.

Our national team is shaping up nicely ^^

Nah he's a feet line forward and lethal finisher, creates a fair bit too.

Haven't really watched him since his Real days, but was a massive fan and prefered him to Benzema. Thinking about it i'd love for him to be a target because like you said he can't half finish.

Even Heskey would be better than RVP or Falcao. At least he would of held up the ball like Fellani.

FWIW, Benzema is hated in France for his arrogance, attitude and lack of work ethic/ team play.

Heck of a talented player, but I wouldn't personally want to bring that ego into my club. And as regards Utd, with the work ethic Van Gaal demands, I wouldn't foresee that one going down too well.

So Valdes is an excellent keeper and can organise a defense? Barca destroyed everyone with him in net. Casillas has been **** for the last 2 years at least and Real Madrid won everything last year and nearly done it again this year. If you stop teams from shooting in the first place, and you can take 2 or 3 chances per game then you arent going to lose many.

Id rather sell De Gea for £40m and either use Valdes or go and get someone like Begovic, and use the money to buy a world class defender that can organise the defense to stop shots in the first place, than keep him and not have as much money to strengthen more areas of the team.

PL is lot different to La Liga. You can be poor in collecting crosses and get away with it in La Liga like Casillas and Valdes but in PL it's near impossible.

Also Barca is once in a generation team and arguably the best ever club team. They always had 70% or more possession and defended as a team. They pressed and won the ball in seconds, so all teams played on counter against Barca. Crowding the box and testing the keeper was just unthinkable against them.

Also Valdes made many blunders for Barca but since Barca were so good they still won the games. We are not Barca and won't be anywhere near them in quality, so them getting away with just a good keeper is not a good example. Also they want keeper who is good with the ball rather than commanding one so Valdes was ok with them.

Coming to Casillas, he is just a poor keeper rated better by FIFA fanboys who never watched him play. Madrid won CL but not because of Casillas, if anything they were second away from losing it because of his blunder against Atletico in the finals.

Just like Valdes he gets away in La Liga as team is ridiculously strong and keepers are not tested with crosses in la Liga.

PL is lot different to La Liga. You can be poor in collecting crosses and get away with it in La Liga like Casillas and Valdes but in PL it's near impossible.

Also Barca is once in a generation team and arguably the best ever club team. They always had 70% or more possession and defended as a team. They pressed and won the ball in seconds, so all teams played on counter against Barca. Crowding the box and testing the keeper was just unthinkable against them.

Also Valdes made many blunders for Barca but since Barca were so good they still won the games. We are not Barca and won't be anywhere near them in quality, so them getting away with just a good keeper is not a good example. Also they want keeper who is good with the ball rather than commanding one so Valdes was ok with them.

Coming to Casillas, he is just a poor keeper rated better by FIFA fanboys who never watched him play. Madrid won CL but not because of Casillas, if anything they were second away from losing it because of his blunder against Atletico in the finals.

Just like Valdes he gets away in La Liga as team is ridiculously strong and keepers are not tested with crosses in la Liga.

You have pretty much just summed up everything ive been saying already. We are already building a team and style of play that will regularly have 70% of possession and defending from the front. Our problem has been not taking our chances when we have them. Which is why I said we need more pace, directness and cutting edge up front. The 0-0 v Hull and the 1-0 v Chelsea wouldnt have mattered if we took our chances. Along with loads of other games. Also we need a solid defence and a leader at the back, which will stop teams from getting most shots off in the first place.

The GK part would be covered by Begovic like I keep saying. Good at coming for crosses, strong in the air, not a bad shot stopper and solid all round keeper. He knows the league well.

If De Gea goes, Begovic will do. We have already laid the foundations of a team which can keep the ball and defend as a team. Sort out a defender which can lead from the back, a quality screen infront of the back 4 and someone to put the ball in the net consistently and we are laughing. No major overhaul needed. Just 3 quality players to go into the starting 11.

Khedira on a free would be amazing. I cant believe we havent even looked, or Alex Song would cost peanuts. More than enough quality there for a player to sit infront of the back 4. Which would allow Carrick/Herrera to rotate and also Di Maria/Fellaini to rotate for our Midfield 3. So lets say Herrera - Khedira - Di Maria, or Carrick, Song, Fellaini. Blind can cover left back with Shaw. Depay/Young on the left. The right needs sorting completely. Cant rely on Mata as a winger but hasnt done so bad there with Herrera in support. Rooney behind a top quality striker that knows where the net is.

GK - Begovic/Valdes (if De Gea goes)
RB - Alves/Valencia
CB - Smalling/Jones
CB - Otamendi/Rojo
LB - Shaw/Blind
CDM - Khedira/Song
CM - Herrera/Carrick
CM - Di Maria/Fellaini
RW - Mata/Nani/New signing
AMC - Rooney/Mata/Di Maria
LW - Depay/Young
ST - Higuain (or other)/Rooney

6 players MAX, and 3 would cost either nothing or peanuts. Id be more than happy with that and would sort the team right out. Also plenty of players can play more than one position so allows for greater rotation.

Khedira on a free would be amazing. I cant believe we havent even looked, or Alex Song would cost peanuts. More than enough quality there for a player to sit infront of the back 4. Which would allow Carrick/Herrera to rotate and also Di Maria/Fellaini to rotate for our Midfield 3. So lets say Herrera - Khedira - Di Maria, or Carrick, Song, Fellaini. Blind can cover left back with Shaw. Depay/Young on the left. The right needs sorting completely. Cant rely on Mata as a winger but hasnt done so bad there with Herrera in support. Rooney behind a top quality striker that knows where the net is.

GK - Begovic/Valdes (if De Gea goes)
RB - Alves/Valencia
CB - Smalling/Jones
CB - Otamendi/Rojo
LB - Shaw/Blind
CDM - Khedira/Song
CM - Herrera/Carrick
CM - Di Maria/Fellaini
RW - Mata/Nani/New signing
AMC - Rooney/Mata/Di Maria
LW - Depay/Young
ST - Higuain (or other)/Rooney

6 players MAX, and 3 would cost either nothing or peanuts. Id be more than happy with that and would sort the team right out. Also plenty of players can play more than one position so allows for greater rotation.

I think khedira has been confirmed at Juve today could be wrong just what Mina Rzouki tweeted earlier on

Edit - its not confirmed

Back