The Manchester United Thread

I'd actually settle for someone like Koulibaly/Aldeweireld and Hudson-Odoi in the summer. They will cost us about £120m and would make a high impact on us. If I could only have two signings in the summer that's what I would do. I think we need a fullback as well but that's a different story.

Dream summer and not too unrealistic given the situation they are all in: -

Koulibaly
Hudson-Odoi
Ruben Neves

Please share how Odoi gives you that impact, he is young and inexperienced. Yes have had flash of brilliance but thats it. Can see you already calling for his head if things go a bit south.
There are better option if you want impact.

But Neves will be hot deal this summer for sure.

I'm still questioning how anyone wouldn't love a player like Hudson-Odoi at United, just imagine him in this ****** side, it completes us going forward ffs. All this rumour about Sancho is pointless because City have first refusal and it will cost a bomb, even though it would achieve the same outcome.

We should be all in for Hudson-Odoi because it is more doable even though still difficult and we can blow Bayern out the water in terms of money which is what Chelsea as shown from the past, ultimately want.
The talk of Sancho is stupid when we have Martial and Sancho prefers the left. Hudson Odoi will end up at Bayern I have no doubt about that. Chelsea defo won’t sell to us. We only got Matic because he wanted to come here. It’s well documented that he wanted to go to Bayern in Jan. Odoi won’t be the answer for the right he’s far to young to be consistent or to be a guaranteed starter for a league winning side in the prem/CL.

People need to be realistic with regards to the summer we ain’t gonna buy a top starting FB, CB, DM, RW. Absolutely living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that’s the case. Your looking and 200m+ right there lol.

Sancho. Koullibaly.

There’s some serious FF being played on these here pages today.

And it’s not even a transfer window! Impressive.

Please share how Odoi gives you that impact, he is young and inexperienced. Yes have had flash of brilliance but thats it. Can see you already calling for his head if things go a bit south.
There are better option if you want impact.

But Neves will be hot deal this summer for sure.

Teams like PSG won't be able to lock us down on the left when they realise we have someone on the right who can provide width, carry the ball and beat a man. It took Pogba yesterday to actually do that when he got to the byline and had a pot shot which Buffon saved. He had to come all the way over to this right side just to provide some potency there, we shouldn't be so one-dimensional and have just young trying to cross no hope balls from that position. We need a plan B, Hudson-Odoi would be great for us on the right side and anyone who watches us lately realises that everything goes down the left for a reason.

As soon as teams start sussing us out, which they are now, I'm wondering what our plan B will actually be. Right now we don't seem to have one at home. Granted away from home we have been executing a mean counter attack which has killed teams like Arsenal and Spurs. But I do wonder whether that just caught them unexpectedly more than anything, if it will work again is yet to be seen. Chelsea on Monday in the FA Cup will be the test of tactics again.

I wouldn't call for his head either, there is this myth that seems to go around here that I just bash players without just reason. I have every reason to with players like Young, Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez because they are seasoned international players who have been **** poor this season.

Sancho. Koullibaly.

No one is saying Sancho apart from the papers which is why I brought it up. It's never happening, City have first refusal. Although apparently they have never spent more than £60m on a player so you never know.

Last edited:
Sancho. Koullibaly.

If we go all out for Koulibaly which was reported in Jan and still being reported. It will be him and 1 more signing tops which will equal close to our top spend ever of about 150+ not including a few sales. Non of this 3/4 players lol some seem to be talking about. The rest will be supplemented by promoting some youth.

Neithers Koulibaly leaving Naples z in all liklehood but yer know?

And certainly not if Utd aren’t in the CL next season.

Didn’t he just extend for another 5 years with Napoli this season anyway or did I imagine that?

People need to be realistic with regards to the summer we ain’t gonna buy a top starting FB, CB, DM, RW. Absolutely living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that’s the case. Your looking and 200m+ right there lol.

Not saying we'll get all them players but spending £200m+ in the summer isnt out of the question considering nothing was spent in January and a relatively low spend in the summer compared to most top teams. We need top 4 first to guarentee the extra money, but if we keep OGS that saves a fair chunk from the cost of getting Poch and his backroom staff he brings. Then outgoing players we expect to leave like Rojo and Darmian. Possibly even Fred for the right price the way its going. If somebody is stupid enough to take Sanchez even better. The money is certainly there though.

As much as I hate to agree with scouse, he is right. OGS was given a tactical lecture yesterday. And one more concern moving forward is relying too much on Pogba. As PSG took him out of the game, we offered very little going forward. So every team moving forward will try to replicate the same tactics.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If we spend 200m + I will where a Pool shirt for a whole year. Absolutely bob hope and no hope even after sales. Which we won’t get hardly anything for from the players likely to leave. We never spend in Jan and we’ve never spent 200m+ in the summer ever!

If we spend 200m + I will where a Pool shirt for a whole year. Absolutely bob hope and no hope even after sales. Which we won’t get hardly anything for from the players likely to leave. We never spend in Jan and we’ve never spent 200m+ in the summer ever!

Not saying we will. Just saying the money is there. The market has never been this inflated to spend over £200m. It is now. Very soon it will be the norm for top teams.

Even Fulham spent over £100m in the summer and other mid to low end teams spent big (West Ham). And top teams are consistently spending ~£150m in summer windows and adding more in January.

Didn’t he just extend for another 5 years with Napoli this season anyway or did I imagine that?

Yeah he did. I keep saying it, unless we want to make him the most expensive defender ever, it's not happening. We're talking 100m

Not saying we will. Just saying the money is there. The market has never been this inflated to spend over £200m. It is now. Very soon it will be the norm for top teams.

Even Fulham spent over £100m in the summer and other mid to low end teams spent big (West Ham). And top teams are consistently spending ~£150m in summer windows and adding more in January.
We could sure. But the quality of player will drop the more players you want.

Pogba was only really isolated massively once you had Martial and Lingard go off, no runners, no outball as long as Marquinos cut off the rashford direction, pog had no where to go but back on himself.

For any top CB except Toby we’re gonna be looking at close to 100m Koulibaly, Skriniar etc.

That pretty much sums up what im saying. Even at the bare minimum we need a CB and possibly a RW. If the CB is costing upwards of £100m, what is a world class RW going to cost? Another £75-100m or more in this market? Theres your £200m there just on 2 players. Even one £100m CB and two £50m players is £200m. Really wouldn't surprise me if we spent that in the summer or more. Its not like we don't need to for the quality of players we need.

That pretty much sums up what im saying. Even at the bare minimum we need a CB and possibly a RW. If the CB is costing upwards of £100m, what is a world class RW going to cost? Another £75-100m or more in this market? Theres your £200m there just on 2 players. Even one £100m CB and two £50m players is £200m. Really wouldn't surprise me if we spent that in the summer or more. Its not like we don't need to for the quality of players we need.
IF we get a CB and a RW for about 80m each that still only 160m before sales. So your still only going to be close to our ever top spend anyway. People talking about Neves and a top FB on top of that are dreaming imo.

I can see us starting to go down the route of buy potential players that have enough experience and still have plenty of development in them.

Even for a player with potential your looking at £50m in this market. It will only get even more stupid of Bayern pay ridiculous money for Hudson-Odoi. Its not like years ago where you could cherry pick from the smaller clubs for a half decent fee. There's that much money now even Fulham can spend £100m in one window and West Ham/Everton sign players for getting on £40-50m.

Even for a player with potential your looking at £50m in this market. It will only get even more stupid of Bayern pay ridiculous money for Hudson-Odoi. Its not like years ago where you could cherry pick from the smaller clubs for a half decent fee. There's that much money now even Fulham can spend £100m in one window and West Ham/Everton sign players for getting on £40-50m.
You get a FB, CM, CB that’s 150m before sales. Really don’t see how anyone can say seriously we are gonna spend 200m+ especially with these owners who tbh I don’t think have been to bad. But that’s another discussion. We will get imo 2 top players or 3 potential to be top players. With no more spend of around 130-150m.

Back