The Manchester United Thread

Wtf lol those were pretty much my points and you say it was wrong? I've been calling for Sanchez and Mata to leave for weeks then always get moaned at because of it. But I obviously agree with you now your on board, they need getting rid of and replacing in the summer.

Our problem is whether this board will actually recruit properly in the summer with a director of football or else these players will just be recycled for another season.

Er no, because I'm not calling for Mata to get sold, and I also know we can't sell Sanchez, because no one will take him

Not so sure about that, I think you could get away with Matic, Herrera and Pogba because they have been very good bar today. I think we have biggest issues in all honesty this squad needs a revamp in the summer and getting rid of deadwood especially finished players like Mata/Sanchez.

This game went from PSG having like 1 shot on goal in first half to 8 shots in the second half or more. For me a lot of that goes on players like Martial going off but lets be honest, Mata and Sanchez are past it now.

Unfortunately though we just didn't create tonight in first half either before the injuries to Lingard and Martial. Buffon had a very easy night sadly. Be interesting to see how Ole can adapt to this if we have players out then I'd rather see Chong/Green replace them rather than Mata/Sanchez.

For me this team needs a FB, RW, CB more than anything.

Don't be stupid, neither are even fit to lace the latter's boots. Mata isn't past it he's just a better central option

You've got a weird hard on for getting rid of Mata when he is the only player in the squad to can replace Pogba's distribution from midfield

Don’t think there was a lot between the 2 sides tonight tbh. Losing 2 pacey players completely changed the flow of the game like Mike said. Really frustrating conceding 2 soft goals through no fault of the cbs. Chances created, shots, corners etc were all even throughout the 90 mins. Only thing that was I There favour was shots on target.

Not to disheartened tbh. They just simply have the more experience and a little extra quality. And are in a better position than us in there club standing. We are 8 weeks in to another rebuild/transitional phase under Ole atm.

Dont get the obsession with selling Mata tbh. And there’s no way Chong or Greenwood would of made any difference tonight. And are not ready for this level yet.

Last edited:
Every minute we see of Sanchez and Mata now is just wasted time because they do not suit this team anymore and where we are trying to go. I'm not doing it because I don't like them or anything, it's just that they are not playing well at all anymore.

I love Mata but his time at United is up, if we magically start using him as a midfield 8/10 with Pogba now missing then yeah give that a go. But apart from that we may swell just build to something new elsewhere.

Obviously I'm not suggesting Chong/Greenwood are ready for games like tonight but realistically what the **** do we have to lose when you see a player like Sanchez costing us goals by giving the ball away constantly.

----------

That's the last I'll say on it anyway, we're all disappointed tonight and none more than me. Hopefully we can bounce back and CL was always just a luxury for us at the moment.

honestly today was worst 1st i was ****** off icudnt go live coz i had to work :( or even go to near pub in manny then i see lingard gone at ht on txt comm at work then martial soon as i hear martial gone i said 2-0 to psg and mbappe to score winner in added time but regardless that ref was a joke even via txt comm and we gonna attak in paris and i dont care how much it costs im booking it off and iwill get that tick!!! i hope we unleash martial and rashforrd in a bonanza utd comeback we may be down but they said the same in 99 in turin semis ;)

I think we lack experience at the highest level. We could barely keep up with PSG in the second half, they had a lot of space behind our midfield. I'd love to see us signing a FB, a CB and a winger in the summer.

ive said from day one we need either rugani/cheillini or young italian cb but 1 condition they have to be italian they are the art of cb's

We need a proper playmaker in the deep. Like Carrick. We basically need someone who can dictate the tempo and manage the midfield. Not too many CMs like that readily available out there. A CB, yeah, but more importantly, we need a RB and an RW. I said it before too, but it was surprising we wouldn't go for Pulisic. Young and untested, sure, but he is a proper RW, has pace and can cross, something that we lack.

But in a way, the loss has helped look at the deeper issues with the club once again. Ole's reign had papered over the cracks, but they still exist. We need some new personnel, definitely, but we also need a DoF. Really bad. I'm hoping talks haven't died down, because we need someone, anyone, other than Woodward managing transfers. Guy is a beast at the commercial side of it, but lacks football nous (other than getting commercials and shirt sales kind of players.)

Dont know what people are talking about we have 2 good CBS who can play out from the back. Especially Lindelof. What we need is a top class experienced Cb a leader! The midfield wasn’t the problem last night. The problem was 2 of our quickest pressers went off giving PSG FBs more space to get forward and join in with the attacks. That never happened in the first half and there CBS or GK weren’t aloud to play out from the back.

Ww need to start playing Dalot more and gettting him ready for next season then ship Young off to backup where he is good for. Really don’t think CM is a priority. But we need to start planning for Matic replacement. Definitely need another pacey attacker and Pulisic in no way was the answer. We all know a DOF is needed.

PSG were playing through Utd at will well before anyone went off ToD. They schooled you tactically. Marquinhos man-marked Pogba out of the game and they exploited the half spaces behind superbly. Matic and Herrera were all over the show. Posted it at half-time all they lacked was the final ball that first half as they dominated midfield in a real impressive, disciplined display. And they got that the second half and could well have had more without pushing it at 2.

Looking at that midfield mess last night, L’pool get their midfield personell set-up right a werk Sunday that could well be Anfield embarrassing for you again.

I think if you step back from emotion today you’ll see that wasn’t an even game man and they gave you a very professional doing.

Big reality check as to the massive job at hand at Utd at the very highest level and why this next managerial appointment is so crucial.

Last edited:
Dead curious to hear from z who in the World is both paying a fee for, and then taking on, Sanchez and the ridiculous salary Utd have him on? Aside from how far his status has fallen since you madly invested all that in him.

Things in the real World aren’t as easy as things in the virrual one.

Last edited:
They weren’t playing through us in the first half at all I lost count the amount of times our press forced Buffon and there CBS to miss place many passes. You could see the huge difference when the 2 went off. The FBs could push on and the back line and GK could play it out all day and there back line also could push higher up. Which gave our CM less time on the ball.

Don’t think Ole got his subs right at all last night. Dalot could of come on at RB and pushed Young to RW to give us that press and speed still in the team on that RH side. Didn’t mind Sanchez coming as his WR is never in question. Left it far to long to bring Lukaku imo.

Second half was a shambles especially conceding the 2 gls in the way we did. A ****** set piece. And Young nowhere to be seen giving Di Maria the space and time to do what he liked. Like I said PSG are in a better place than we are it’s that simple to me. You have your opinion that’s fine but losing those 2 blew our plan out the window. And Ole didn’t react well after that imo with his subs.

They were mate. If they hadn’t rushed the final ball that game would probably have been done at half-time.

Draxler and the other fella were finding space behind Pogba and between the other two superbly and really exploiting those half spaces.

Last edited:
They were mate. If they hadn’t rushed the final ball that game would probably have been done at half-time.

Draxler and the other fella were finding space behind. Pogba and between the other two superbly and really exploiting those half soaces.
I’m watching the full replay now and the difference between the first half and second is night and day. You could say the same with our final ball on the counter on 3 occasion. If was better we could of had very good chances. Even after they scored there first we had 2 decent chances just before they got the second to kill the game. Tuchel tactic was spot on playing Alves at RW helping to nullify our left. But in the first half we was still getting space there and wasted 2 good attacks. From poor passing and poor decision making.

God Young was ****** awful last night. Caught up the pitch, caught to narrow, not knowing where the oppo player was. Had a nightmare. And was even more blatant without Lingard not there to help him out!

Tuchel sitting Marquinhos on Pogba and taking him out the equation was mire imoressive tactically for me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/1095446265280806914

Anyway, I feel your pain man getting done at home by PSG’s ressi’s after all the down-playing of them you did the groups the other thread. ;)
Still stand by what I say. And still think they won’t win the CL. And tbh don’t think they were majorly impressive last night. Tuchel got a few things right and Ole didn’t react to losing the 2 at HT at all. They didn’t even have as much possession as I thought they would 45% to 55%.

They didn't really play through us first half, (first half Xg was 0.3-0.5)and both goals came from big chances created from defensive mistakes. They sat on Pogba once the wide attackers went off.

Disappointing, but lets not be overreacting and act like it defines the rest of the season or who we do or dont hire, that's what the rest of the games will do

Back