The Manchester United Thread

Nobody is going to pay Sanchez even a third of his United wages the way he's been playing last 2 years. The whole transfer had Bogarde written over it from the start.

Nobody is going to pay Sanchez even a third of his United wages the way he's been playing last 2 years. The whole transfer had Bogarde written over it from the start.

My issue was never the wages, but the length. That said, never envisaged this level of decline

U23s vs Reading in the quarter finals of the prem international cup.

Team:

Kovar
oconner-Ercolani-Bernard-Williams

Barlow-Traore-Levitt

Ramanzani-Burkart-Bohui

Subs: Fjoiticek, Olosunde, Tanner, Galbraith.

Very Young side. No Garner, Chong, Gomes must mean there with the first team.

**** lino! Great shot by Ramanzani from out wide hits the underside of the bar then bounces off the post to Barlow who was easily onside. But gets the flag after putting In the rebound.

Well straight after that Reading make it 0-1. Poor backpass to the keepers wrong foot and well over hit. Kovar can’t control it the STR nicks it off him to slot home.

Absolute dogshit from Bohui. First butchers a great chance then gives the ball away in the middle of the park. And Reading score from a deflected effort on the break 0-2 after 30 mins.

Utd pull one back. But very lucky! Great run from Brandon Williams down the left. Slots it to Bohui who clearly dives and the ref buys it. Levitt puts it away.

1-3. Karma for Utd Reading just as soft a peno as we did.

Last edited:
And I notice nothing was said about the Liverpool fans singing all the way through the tribute for Eric Harrison. Souness crying about pogba again though. Horrible *****. Should get a petition going against the disrespectful murdering *****

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
plz tell me you just did not say that thats ******* low but has the saying goes and scouse will like this 1 you cant educate pork

Anyone else noticed that Jones has just disappeared into thin air once again after a few good games, honestly it's just a given at this point that the cycle of Jones will continue for another 5 years: Play well, make a mistake, get injured. Repeat or reverse and you have an endless cycle.Why did we even give him a new contract when the last time he played a long run of games was probably at Blackburn.

Crystal Palace is a huge game, given the top 4 race and only 11 games left, now is not the time when we can start a slump in form.I'd be tempted to maybe try a 3-5-2 honestly, Bailly, Lindelof and Smalling as CB's. Then Jones (assuming he is not injured) as DM, that sounds absurd but I remember him doing that role very well for England against Holland and Spain, I'd rather his experience there. Put McTominay alongside him and Pogba also. Then give full license to Shaw and Dalot to get forward as our like wingers and then Martial and Sanchez upfront.

Anyone else noticed that Jones has just disappeared into thin air once again after a few good games, honestly it's just a given at this point that the cycle of Jones will continue for another 5 years: Play well, make a mistake, get injured. Repeat or reverse and you have an endless cycle.Why did we even give him a new contract when the last time he played a long run of games was probably at Blackburn.

Crystal Palace is a huge game, given the top 4 race and only 11 games left, now is not the time when we can start a slump in form.I'd be tempted to maybe try a 3-5-2 honestly, Bailly, Lindelof and Smalling as CB's. Then Jones (assuming he is not injured) as DM, that sounds absurd but I remember him doing that role very well for England against Holland and Spain, I'd rather his experience there. Put McTominay alongside him and Pogba also. Then give full license to Shaw and Dalot to get forward as our like wingers and then Martial and Sanchez upfront.

You moan that he plays, now you moan that he is not playing. What do you want from him FFS. He's a rotation player, being kept out be defenders better than him.

And why the **** would you change formation and play Jones, who you seem to hate, in a role he hasn't played for years, when our current set up is working very well

You moan that he plays, now you moan that he is not playing. What do you want from him FFS. He's a rotation player, being kept out be defenders better than him.

And why the **** would you change formation and play Jones, who you seem to hate, in a role he hasn't played for years, when our current set up is working very well

He was playing well and then just disappears he's not even making the bench now, he must be injured again.

He's not injured

This is pretty out there but what do you think against Palace considering they are a good team playing a 3-5-2 with Bailly/Jones/Smalling and Lindelof as CDM considering he is our best ball player in defensive sense. Put McTominay next to him and leave Pogba to have freedom with our wing-backs pushing up as well as two strikers.

setup with no fullbacks when Palace's 2 strongest players are Zaha & Townsend. Sure, great idea

setup with no fullbacks when Palace's 2 strongest players are Zaha & Townsend. Sure, great idea

What does that even mean? Chelsea won a league with that formation and England recently got to a semi-final of a World Cup with it. It's one of the most stable formations out there if used effectively.

Bailly with his pace as an outside covering Centre back with a Wing-Back who likely being Young/Shaw won't bomb forward anyway. But you've got more chance with our injuries of an out ball at lease with 2 strikers up there rather than 1.

This is rich coming from me (but I'm known as the negative one so I'll stick with that), you however seem miserable lately wkd. Give your head a wobble, it's not like you! I'm not saying that because you're disagreeing with me btw, just the nature of your replies lately.

What does that even mean? Chelsea won a league with that formation and England recently got to a semi-final of a World Cup with it. It's one of the most stable formations out there if used effectively.

Bailly with his pace as an outside covering Centre back with a Wing-Back who likely being Young/Shaw won't bomb forward anyway. But you've got more chance with our injuries of an out ball at lease with 2 strikers up there rather than 1.

This is rich coming from me (but I'm known as the negative one so I'll stick with that), you however seem miserable lately wkd. Give your head a wobble, it's not like you! I'm not saying that because you're disagreeing with me btw, just the nature of your replies lately.

You're conceding the advantage to Palaces biggest threat, their wide men. We fight fire with fire and go on the attack ourselves, stick with whats working so well

Changing formation to create space where they are strongest, **** idea. So play two strikers, with no wingers or wing backs getting forward. So a back 5, direct though the middle to 2 forwards. Terrible idea all round, not a positive to be taken.

The rest is just even more laughable.

Changing formation to create space where they are strongest, **** idea. So play two strikers, with no wingers or wing backs getting forward. So a back 5, direct though the middle to 2 forwards. Terrible idea all round, not a positive to be taken.

The rest is just even more laughable.

Sigh, you don't even read do you? Read my original post and I said that the wing-back's could push forward and it would drag them back. If we pin them back snd they counter suddenly we've still got Bailly and whoever else as an outside CB to cope (3 vs 2 essentially in our favour). Yes I know in my last post I said the wing-back's wouldn't bomb-forward but only because you're making it seem like they'd be stupidly out of position at every given moment.

Plus, it's not even outside the realms of possibility, Solskjaer said himself that he was going to change 3-5-2 to it during the game vs Liverpool on Sunday after the injuries to give us more stability. But decided against it because didn't know how we would react middle of that game to the change. This was in an interview with Peter Schmeichel after the game, on that ****** show Owen is a part of. I'd link it to you directly because you probably think I'm lying but I don't have the link on hand.

Anyway point being is that Solskjaer's considering it so that's good enough for me. If anyone can find a link to that interview he gave to Schmeichel after the game on the pitch doing the analysis. Please do link it someone here if they have it so can actually have some proof.

Solskjaer asked if he's too old to play against Palace
houllier.gif

I don’t think age is the problem, the problem is my fitness. We’ve not had a session yet so I don’t think there are a lot of positives, no. I don’t know the list that’s supposed to be injured, Matteo [Darmian] trained the other day, I don’t think he’ll be ready, Rojo has been training so hopefully will be involved, Rashy we’re still waiting to see how his ankle is responding to the treatment, muscle injuries are too early to think about. That’s it. There’s quite a few out.

Solskjaer asked about involvement of youngsters vs Palace
The kids are joining in [training] today. They’ll be involved in the squad.

The latest on Phil Jones
Phil was ill one of these days, so he’s been out for a little while as well with an illness. Luckily at centre-back there are quite a few fit ones, Bailly, Smalling and Lindelof, the three of them are ready.

On Lukaku and Sanchez
It’s a chance for them to play to their potential. Reputation is one thing, the potential is high and I’m sure that because the two of them are good mates, they link up well together, so this might be a chance for them two to find some form and give a selection headache for when everyone gets fit again.

Rom created our two biggest chances against Liverpool, it’s a different position for him, I know, because Rashy’s injury meant we had to rely on him standing up there and running in behind, he couldn’t do too much defending work, so Rom’s attitude and work rate was fantastic and the two chances - Jesse’s and Chris at the end - was Rom’s doing. They linked up between them against Arsenal in the FA Cup so hopefully Alexis and Rom can step up.

Latest on Valencia, Martial and Lingard
Valencia is a bit off because he did his calf again, he has started running, but he’s still a few weeks off. Martial is not going to be ready for this one, either, we can’t risk it. So maybe Southampton but we’re not going to risk another one too early.

In hindsight maybe you can say Jesse [Lingard] was eager [against Liverpool]. He ticked all the boxes in training, had done all the recovery work and rehab but maybe a couple of days too early. Then again, it was Liverpool and he was desperate to be part of it.

Solskjaer praises Andreas and McTominay
We’ll have a good team on the pitch [vs Palace], definitely. There’ll be a chance for others. I’ve been sat on the outside getting a chance [as a player] when this has happened, so we’d rather have to say players who came in.

Scott [McTominay] and Andy [Pereira], I thought they did fantastic [against Liverpool], so there you go, that’s the way it is. You’ve just got to be ready when you get it.

Solskjaer discusses Palace's threat
They’ve been very, very good. Of course the game against Leicester, that [4-1] win, was impressive. The way Roy sets up his teams, we know that. We have to be good on the ball, break them down but we know on the counter-attack with Zaha, Townsend, Batshuayi, Benteke, they’ve got some pace and counter-attacking threat, so we’ve got to be at our best.

Solskjaer praises Gomes, Chong and Garner
They’ve been part of our training for a long time now and I’m sure Angel has been successful with England’s under-17s, the 2017 team with Sancho, Foden and Hudson-Odoi, so he’s been a big part of that. I’m definitely sure that if he gets a chance he’ll do well.

James Garner is a Michael Carrick but 20 years younger, I’m sure he’ll do well and Chongy will be taking people on if he comes on. They’re ready, they’re kids. It’s hard if you’re a defender coming on if you’re 16 or 17 but as an attacker you go out there and express yourself, and there’s your chance. They can win you the game, not lose it for you.

9 players out injured :/ Valencia, Rojo, Jones, Herrera, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford

Last edited:

9 players out injured :/ Valencia, Rojo, Jones, Herrera, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford

Like I said yesterday, he's ****** injured again after a few good games, I genuinely want to know why we gave him a 5 year contract. 5 years. 5...... years.

Like I said yesterday, he's ****** injured again after a few good games, I genuinely want to know why we gave him a 5 year contract. 5 years. 5...... years.

Sigh, yeah, the length of his contract is worrying. The sad part is that when he is fit, Jones is actually a reasonably good defender (aside from his occasional lapses in concentration). It's the being fit part that has been a problem.

I guess the advantage is that he is English, and probably not on very high wages, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to move him on eventually. I would like Tuanzebe a little more involved in the first team next season, for sure.

Not injured, been battling with illness if I'm not dreaming of Ole's presser. Hope it's nothing serious because as you said, he's been out of the match-day squad for a while

Tbh he’s not injured he has illness. Can’t rag on him for that. Darmian is out injured to. But Rojo is back apparently Ole said I n MUTV like Martial and Rashford just won’t be risked for midweek. Valencia also back in full training. Don’t think many of these are long term except maybe Matic, Herrera, Mata could be about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Back