The Manchester United Thread

Thank Phelan. He ran that game for yers. He was constantly on the touchline organising. Solksjaer barely moved.

Well done. Good, honest hard fight.

Phelan has always done that. I know you're keen to take credit away from Ole, but thats literally nothing new at Old Trafford, football or in any sport.

Phelan has always done that. I know you're keen to take credit away from Ole, but thats literally nothing new at Old Trafford, football or in any sport.

All you need to lnow is what happened today.

Just observing what I watched. Nottin more.

It's nothing to do with inexperience, it's a sub.

He obviously had a game plan that involved Lingard.

Managers do it all the time! How often did Kane play for Spurs half fit for example. no idea why people need to make sweeping definitions over one thing. T
He may have had a game plan involving Lingard but would it really have hurt to put a proven fit player on ahead of one who had only proven his fitness just in a test. All I'm saying is that experience would have meant keeping the risk to a minimum and maybe introducing Lingard later on after all Liverpool aren't the easiest of sides to be risking a half fit player against. As for pointing out Kane playing half fit Spurs don't have the depth of forwards, Kane is their main scorer whereas with Lingard there is more flex in the United squad to allow the time to get back to full fitness. Ole will learn from the experience like he did with the draw at Burnley and no doubt the PSG result.

He may have had a game plan involving Lingard but would it really have hurt to put a proven fit player on ahead of one who had only proven his fitness just in a test. All I'm saying is that experience would have meant keeping the risk to a minimum and maybe introducing Lingard later on after all Liverpool aren't the easiest of sides to be risking a half fit player against. As for pointing out Kane playing half fit Spurs don't have the depth of forwards, Kane is their main scorer whereas with Lingard there is more flex in the United squad to allow the time to get back to full fitness. Ole will learn from the experience like he did with the draw at Burnley and no doubt the PSG result.

It's got nothing to do with experience. You don't think the coaching staff haven't taken the advice of the fitness team and medic before naming him on the bench? It's almost like they thought all this through first. That's the thing about risk. It's uncertain. Guarantee if he's managed 1000 games he would have done anyway. Because at the time they felt the gamble was worth it

Hindsight is 20/20. Literally no one batted an eyelid that Lingard was on the bench before the game. And if he hadn't pulled up, not one of you would have said a thing
Experience wouldn't have meant **** here. Whether it works or it doesn't.

Kane is their main scorer, Lingard is our key wide man and a huge big game player. If you're excusing the usage of Kane then the same applies here

I really don't get why we need to make more of small things these days. It's the kind of trade off decision managers make every single game.

Last edited:
There's no definitives or conclusions being drawn, he's allowed to make an error of judgement, like everyone, but an error of judgement it was.

Starting or bringing on a half-fit Lingard (as say your 1st sub) is a risk, bringing him on when you have 1 taken off, 1 player down and another limping, is madness. He was virtually making the decision from a hindsight perspective and he still somehow got it wrong lol.

There's no definitives or conclusions being drawn, he's allowed to make an error of judgement, like everyone, but an error of judgement it was.

Starting or bringing on a half-fit Lingard (as say your 1st sub) is a risk, bringing him on when you have 1 taken off, 1 player down and another limping, is madness. He was virtually making the decision from a hindsight perspective and he still somehow got it wrong lol.

Except people are throwing around "Oh it's his inexperience"

Woolly literally said it proves it shows he's got a lot to learn about substitutions. Which is errant nonsense.

Last edited:
Except people are throwing around "Oh it's his inexperience"

Woolly literally said it proves it shows he's got a lot to learn about substitutions. Which is errant nonsense.

Oh, yeah fair.

Bit ironic if from all players throughout PL history, Ole doesn't know substitutions...lol

Massive **** up today. For a start everyone knows a hamstring injury takes at least 3 weeks so having lingard there was a risk. Then to put him on that early was just ******* stupid when there was other options. What does Fred need to do to get a game? Mctominay and then Pereira ahead of him? Rashford was the first player injured but stayed on all game? After what happened the draw was a good result but there was a lot of **** decisions made.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

And I notice nothing was said about the Liverpool fans singing all the way through the tribute for Eric Harrison. Souness crying about pogba again though. Horrible *****. Should get a petition going against the disrespectful murdering *****

Team midweek should be

DDG
Dalot-Bailly-Smalling-Shaw
Mctominey
Fred-Pogba
Sanchez-Lukaku-Rashford

Disagree with you about Fred, if he was any good in training would have been seen in recent games. It says a lot when McTominnay and Pereira are selected ahead of him, the latter supposedly leaving in the summer anyway.

But my main point is after Pereira's good game yesterday, this could be his coming of age now, got to stick with him and give him a go against Palace. Same with McTominay really, I have my reservations but you have got to give them a reward for their good performance and play them again, see if they can make their mark now with the opportunity.

And I notice nothing was said about the Liverpool fans singing all the way through the tribute for Eric Harrison. Souness crying about pogba again though. Horrible *****. Should get a petition going against the disrespectful murdering *****

First off, was that who the applause was for? Nobody seemed to know who we were applauding as the PA that end was terrible. Good to know ta.

Second, it was just before the end a chant of ‘L’pool’ went up. Not ‘all through.’ That’s not to condone the section of divvy’s that did that. That’s out of order regardless and I can see how that looks. Sorry. Most of us were applauding for the record. Even if we weren’t sure who we were applauding.

But regardless, you shoot back with ‘Murdering *****?’

Stay classy Robbo lad.

If Lukaku and Sanchez doesn't deliver during this run of games where they will get chances inevitably due to injuries, I hope all fans will agree with what I said a few months ago that they should go in the summer.

For the record I'm not saying either were terrible yesterday, Sanchez made a bit of effort and Lukaku done a great disguised pass. But realistically from them you need a lot more then that, I still don't really think either fit the vision of ole\s system going forward.

No excuses for me, they have to perform now when we need them most during this vital period of games where we need points to get top 4.

In an ideal world, keep Lukaku, sell Sanchez. It's mostly getting sanchez's wages off the bill. Lukaku will he fine next season, just need to get back to his first season best. Sanchez genuinely looks finished. But who is going to take him.

First off, was that who the applause was for? Nobody seemed to know who we were applauding as the PA that end was terrible. Good to know ta.

Second, it was just before the end a chant of ‘L’pool’ went up. Not ‘all through.’ That’s not to condone the section of divvy’s that did that. That’s out of order regardless and I can see how that looks. Sorry. Most of us were applauding for the record. Even if we weren’t sure who we were applauding.

But regardless, you shoot back with ‘Murdering *****?’

Stay classy Robbo lad.
No support for Souness however I see, but then Liverpool fans don't like him much now either after his spell as manager from which the club are only now starting to recover....

In an ideal world, keep Lukaku, sell Sanchez. It's mostly getting sanchez's wages off the bill. Lukaku will he fine next season, just need to get back to his first season best. Sanchez genuinely looks finished. But who is going to take him.

Back