The Manchester United Thread

8th consecutive away win. New club record.

Very good away performance except that 15 mins after we conceded. 1-3 win at a tough ground and plagued with injuries. Everyone stepped up tonight. Shaw my MOTM best LB in the league on current form. Or at least top 2. McTominay was my runner up MOTM. Cool composed, kept it simple won all his headers and broke up play.

Great to see Garner get some mins and a few touches. Couldn’t stop smiling bless him. Dalot got forward well and Fred worked tirelessly and grew into the game. Both obviously short of sharpness but did a good job.

Spurs we are coming ;)

Give Ole the job :P

Lets smash Saints !

Really looking forward to Ole fledglings :)

Great performance and such a tricky fixture in our current injury crisis. I'm Lukaku's biggest critic this season but you have to say that he stepped up today and delivered his best performance of the season.

Now here's hoping that the lads recover well over next couple of days and we go into Southampton with this momentum. We're in a good place right now, massive 3 points.

Pogba suspended for PSG I'm actually happy, gives him a week rest that he could do with before that important Arsenal game. I wish we could just forfeit that PSG game and give our whole team a rest but we'll cope with it.

Wonder whether Pereira will play next game as didn't feature today, personally would go with Fred again because feel like now he could hit some form with consistent game time.

Lukaku's brace means he now the joint 20th top scorer in PL history, pretty impressive feat considering he's 25 and much higher than I would have thought he'd be

Di Marzio reporting we are in talks for Benfica sensation Joao Felix. What a talent this lad is!

Most likely just rumours. He is a very good talent for his age, but the money being quoted is ridiculous, and I highly doubt we are in for him. Especially considering we need strengthening in defence (CB/LB) and RM.

Most likely just rumours. He is a very good talent for his age, but the money being quoted is ridiculous, and I highly doubt we are in for him. Especially considering we need strengthening in defence (CB/LB) and RM.

We need a RB not a LB imo! Although could do with better cover there but Young still costs us too many goals and is getting on a bit now to assume he can hold that position down for another season.

Di Marzio, Amoyal, Ramano don’t just spread rumours. This use to be the type of signing we make all the time. Don’t forget we have uncertainty about Mata, Periera, Sanchez future. Will Lukaku stay being a bit part player. That’s a lot of attacking players possibly leaving. Plus he can play RW very comfortably as well as AM.

During Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s 11 Premier League games as manager, United have registered the most points, won the most games, the only team to have not lost a game, conceded the fewest goals and have the best goal difference.

Annouce Ole @ManUtd. ?????? #mufc

Title challenge incoming next season with Ole at the wheel :P

Give Ole the job :P .....

As much as the club, the man himsef, and anyone else naturally wants to be diplomatic and say the right thing, I don’t think there’s any doubt that’s been decided already given this run and most every single match-going fan clamourimg for it.

Which from experience is not a good situation a club can be cornered into. NEVER give a club legend a 6 month run on the premise of lifting spirits and restoring pride/ club traditions. You’re on a hiding to nothing as soon as results and momentum roll as the fans will never turn against him. Its a corner you don’t want to back yourselves into when you have designs on others. Leaves you with no ‘out.’

Been there with Kenny his second go-around.

Just my view and I’m not gonna’ debate anyone having theirs saying the jobs still up in the air.

Feel free to quote that when hes confirmed.

As you were.

Think you answered yourself there Scouse, the club hasn't cornered themselves into anything until they announce it which they will wait until end of season and rightly so.

Lukaku: 111 goals in the premier league so far. That puts him in the top 20 all time best finishers in the league.

De Gea believes his contribution to #mufc over the last few years warrants a similar wage to Alexis Sánchez. He is holding out for a deal worth around £480,000 a week and wants to stay at the club #mulive [telegraph]

De Gea believes his contribution to #mufc over the last few years warrants a similar wage to Alexis Sánchez. He is holding out for a deal worth around £480,000 a week and wants to stay at the club #mulive [telegraph]

And that is exactly why City, even with all their money, pulled out of any Sanchez deal.

The knock-on effect of ripping up your wage structure and giving one player SO much.

And that is exactly why City, even with all their money, pulled out of any Sanchez deal.

The knock-on effect of ripping up your wage structure and giving one player SO much.

While I agree, United actually have a really good wage structure and discipline (45% of turnover) And De Gea' s wage wouldn't rip it up. There's only 3 mega earners at the club - Sanchez, Pogba and De Gea. Two of those deserve it.

Just think into the next couple of years IF Ole gets the job we could see. Henderson, Laird, Tuanzebe, Garner, Gomes, TFM, Chong, Greenwood in the squad regular #OleFledglings not to mention already Rashford, Lingard, Pogba, McTominay, Periera #UtdAcadamy :) (6)

Back