The Manchester United Thread

Ole presser round up. Same players. Rashford will start this game. 1/3 most likely more will be academy players in the match day squad.

The club will only offer Valencia a final last year contract if he can prove his fitness when/if he returns. DDG talks progressing along with other players who are out of contract.

For the love of god don't give Valencia a new contract no matter what, finished at the top level and we need a replacement FB for next season.

Valencia's not getting a new contract. Ole just tried to be as respectful as possible when put on the spot about him. To me it cried "he's not going to get a new contract" - went on about how great of a servant he's been over the years, etc.

Valencia's not getting a new contract. Ole just tried to be as respectful as possible when put on the spot about him. To me it cried "he's not going to get a new contract" - went on about how great of a servant he's been over the years, etc.
Exactly. Plus it’s just been confirmed by Hirst and Stoney from the BBC - Antonio Valencia will be leaving Man Utd this summer. Option not triggered. As per @hirstclass player resigned to OT exit.

Been a very good and consistent servant till injuries took over of late. Can only thank him for the years of service. Been an absolute monster at times at RW/RB. Wish him all the best!

Last edited:
Gomes, Chong, Garner, Greenwood all not involved with the 23s tonight

Kovar, Tanner, Williams, Ercolani, Bernard, O'Connor, Levitt, Traore, Bohui, Burkart, Ramazani

Subs: Woolston, Warren, Olosunde, McCann, Galbraith

1-0 up atm vs Norwich. Great solo goal by Bohui.

U23s lost 1-2 please just **** Sbragia off! We ain’t gonna get promoted back to the top league this season which is shocking with the talent he’s had. And to have -2 GD is embarrassing!

Paul Pogba is set to replace Antonio Valencia as Manchester United’s next permanent captain. #mufc [Neil Custis] and various others.

Confirmed United squad members

David De Gea, Lee Grant, Ashley Young, Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Fred, Paul Pogba, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku, Mason Greenwood

From Stoney BBC:

Still to be confirmed as permanent manager but OGS has revealed he has done a video for @ManUtd supporters ‘pleading’ with them to buy season tickets. “It wasn’t strange doing it but if my kids see a commercial with me in it + I'm back home in Norway, that will be strange.”

Also says Ole has told the club what players to offer contracts too and who not. And has given names for targets.

[FONT=&quot]Lago Agrio is a very humble town in Ecuador. When I was a child, I never imagined travel to Europe. Thanks to God for letting me play 10 years in the best club in the world: [/FONT]@ManUtd[FONT=&quot]. Now I am focused on my recovery so I can end the season playing at Old Trafford! [/FONT]- Antonio Valencia.

Should've converted him to right-back years ago. Top class professional, so quiet & humble, but a warrior on that pitch. Wish him luck wherever he goes.

I guess making Pogba as permanent captain is perfectly acceptable, but given the farce that happened under Mourinho with it. I would kind of hope we didn't, because I just think it puts more pressure on him. Where as a player like Herrera, he wouldn't be hounded so much because his game isn't about the goals and assists per se,

Just my thoughts on it anyway, Herrera would of been my preferred choice, don't give the media another bone to dig at Pogba with the captaincy.

I guess making Pogba as permanent captain is perfectly acceptable, but given the farce that happened under Mourinho with it. I would kind of hope we didn't, because I just think it puts more pressure on him. Where as a player like Herrera, he wouldn't be hounded so much because his game isn't about the goals and assists per se,

Just my thoughts on it anyway, Herrera would of been my preferred choice, don't give the media another bone to dig at Pogba with the captaincy.
If he keeps performing like this they won’t have no bones to dig.

1-0 u18s. Been an even game. But Galbraith plays a quality ball in behind WBA defence. McGhee controls it well and blasts it home.

Mins later McGhee loses the ball overplaying at the back. The WBA player rounds the keeper but out of nowhere Berjger slides in to block it on the line. Fantastic!

1-1 poor defending from Harvey Neville at the back post. Loses his man who has a free shot into the net.

Last edited:
Where are people streaming the game later? Can't watch it anywhere normally because it' 3pm kick off.

Ronaldo.7 net has been banned from streaming prem games from now on. I just google TSN4 live stream

Oh **** yeh ive just noticed on the page. "We're sorry, but we are not allowed to post links to Premier League games anymore." FFS. Ive got apps on my phone that I can use but I have my PC hooked up to my TV as a second screen so I normally just go on ronaldo7 and watch on my TV

Back