The Manchester United Thread

did klopp not get rid of it when he came in?
Yeah I think they went the director root with Edwards. But some of the committee signings have been good Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Gomez. But Edwards has definitely taken it along with Klopp to another level.

Aslong as both manager and comittee see eye to eye on the way forward with transfers which would clearly be the case if it was say Rio and Phelan. Then it should work fine. Problem Pool has was Rodgers and there’s didn’t at the time.

Ducker saying CB not a priority this summer but 2 CMs, RB, Attacker are.

Last edited:
Yeah I think they went the director root with Edwards. But some of the committee signings have been good Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Gomez. But Edwards has definitely taken it along with Klopp to another level.

Aslong as both manager and comittee see eye to eye on the way forward with transfers which would clearly be the case if it was say Rio and Phelan. Then it should work fine. Problem Pool has was Rodgers and there’s didn’t at the time.

Ducker saying CB not a priority this summer but 2 CMs, RB, Attacker are.

Or... you just leave it to Phelan who has experience being an assistant manager and director, as opposed to Rio having a say when he's had neither

Watching Rio as pundit he seems a bit thick, too put it mildly. So either this story is bullshit or Woodward just wants a yes-man.

Watching Rio as pundit he seems a bit thick, too put it mildly. So either this story is bullshit or Woodward just wants a yes-man.

He shouldn't have brought back either Ole or Phelan if that was the case...

So, according to various rumours, we could lose De Gea, Pogba, Herrera, Mata and Martial this summer. Woodward will have to earn that paycheck.
Martial just signed a 5 year contract....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ferdinands far from thick he’s a pretty successful business man. And if you listened to people on Sky Sports news yesterday when the story broke. He’s actually a huge student of the game, travels the world visiting different clubs in different countries sees and studies how different coaches/ managers do things. He’s already done some of his badges and knows people in player agencies. Not to mention the obvious about being a club great and a huge fan favourite. Far from a yes man also. Think it would be a great idea to have him on board.

Ferdinands far from thick he’s a pretty successful business man. And if you listened to people on Sky Sports news yesterday when the story broke. He’s actually a huge student of the game, travels the world visiting different clubs in different countries sees and studies how different coaches/ managers do things. He’s already done some of his badges and knows people in player agencies. Not to mention the obvious about being a club great and a huge fan favourite. Far from a yes man also. Think it would be a great idea to have him on board.

He definitely shouldn't be technical director, If its internal, Phelan is most qualified. External and you want someone with club history, Van der Sar

He definitely shouldn't be technical director, If its internal, Phelan is most qualified. External and you want someone with club history, Van der Sar
No I agree but think if we are going the committee route he would be a good appointment. Reading Duckers article sounds like they want Phelan, Bout and Lawlor with Rio and Fletcher involved in some capacity. Be very happy with that and a huge step in the right direction off the pitch.

Valencia, Jones, Rashford all trained with the first team today. As did youngsters O’Connor, Gomes, Chong, Garner.

Operation went well.. thanyou for the messages. God bless
2764.png
1f64f-1f3fe.png
1f44d-1f3fe.png

On Juan Mata’s future: United‘s final contract offer is a 1-year deal + the option of an additional year. Mata, who wanted 2 years, remains relaxed about the situation and is keen to stay @samuelluckhurst #mufc

"We're hopeful having spoken with the powers that be at Manchester United that we can agree a deal for loan Dean to play for us in the Premier League next year."#SUFC
1f534.png

Solskjaer gives injury update
Here’s what Solskjaer has told MUTV about injuries:

Eric Bailly has probably been the one smiling the most out of all of us because you fear the worst. (about his knee injury). There are a few little niggles, so let’s count the numbers on Sunday morning I reckon. Mason Greenwood started off this week training but then he’s out injured again unfortunately. Also Romero injured his knee and will be out.

We were looking at bringing him into the squad for the last two games - maybe he’ll make the last one against Cardiff.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says #MUFC have “a few niggles & few injuries” but was coy when asked about the names of those doubts. Pogba, Lukaku & Lingard were conspicuous by their absence from open training on Wednesday

Solskjaer on De Gea
Will De Gea be playing?

I would think so, yeah, or he will play. Sergio was injured yesterday so didn’t train, tweaked his knee, so David’s been training well this week.

Last edited:
OGS says @ManUtd are an attraction if they are in CL or not. "You would be surprised how many players' agents have been telling us their players would love to be a part of Man Utd in future. That is the lure + potential + size of the club and we will get back to the good days."

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1124237248793317377

Technical director
Still no technical director in place

I’ll have a final say if a player comes in or go out and we’ve got regular meetings, I’m happy with the way it’s going and we’re supposed to sign 250 players so hopefully we can get players in you have not written about as well. Yes I will have the final day on ins and outs.”

Also, what exactly has been happening? All rumours pointed to us and Bruno Fernandes. City weren't even mentioned. All of a sudden, in the past few days, they've been linked and are close to signing him?

I'm just praying it doesn't turn out to be a long, long summer for us, since Woodward is still in charge, and we seem to be nowhere near appointing a technical director. If Woody still remain in charge completely, I'm resigned to us going full blown for over-priced, albeit world class stars who are not going to move and will only use the interest for a new contract.

We need two CMs, a CB, RB and RW. We really need to make a running start to the summer, and since last year, waiting till the window has literally gone out of the window.

Also, on an aside, I think Ferguson was the last manager to properly groom a player - you know, train and take a talented player and actually make him class. Pep and Klopp seem to do it often, yet we have had van Gaal and Mourinho who have both failed to do the same (unless I'm forgetting someone)

City have been linked since the start of April, some papers had us down as making an informal approach 2 weeks ago. I think they stepped up interest once Gundo confirmed contract and Kev went down with the hamstring.

Also rumored that David Silva might be gone after this season. They will pretty much only have KDB, B.Silva and the kid Foden for the centre mid positions. They could really use a Bruno Fernandes there and I can see why he'd like to go there!

Also, what exactly has been happening? All rumours pointed to us and Bruno Fernandes. City weren't even mentioned. All of a sudden, in the past few days, they've been linked and are close to signing him?

I'm just praying it doesn't turn out to be a long, long summer for us, since Woodward is still in charge, and we seem to be nowhere near appointing a technical director. If Woody still remain in charge completely, I'm resigned to us going full blown for over-priced, albeit world class stars who are not going to move and will only use the interest for a new contract.

We need two CMs, a CB, RB and RW. We really need to make a running start to the summer, and since last year, waiting till the window has literally gone out of the window.

Also, on an aside, I think Ferguson was the last manager to properly groom a player - you know, train and take a talented player and actually make him class. Pep and Klopp seem to do it often, yet we have had van Gaal and Mourinho who have both failed to do the same (unless I'm forgetting someone)
Think is and City are interested but with Ole sure Pogba is staying there is no need for Fernandes but more a Herrera and Matic type.

The Woodward stuff is the biggest Myth in football and becoming really tiresome tbh. The managers pick the transfers and Ole has confirmed this will be no different. Only thing Ed should get partial blame for is overpaying but that was the same even when Edwards was here. Utd tax is definitely not a myth.

Not you mate but a lot of our fans are becoming an embarrassment! Moaning about everything!

Aslong as both manager and comittee see eye to eye on the way forward with transfers which would clearly be the case if it was say Rio and Phelan. Then it should work fine. Problem Pool has was Rodgers and there’s didn’t at the time. ......

The Brazilian rat was bought before FSG. Salah after they completely changed their whole structure and method of business.

Rodgers had no final say and very little input over anything.

Putting that unholy carnage as any sort of plus to Utd making the same mistakes really isn’t a smart analogy.

Back