The Manchester United Thread

Recruitment has been utterly ***** ever since Ferguson retired. It has been haphazard and there has been no clear direction to it. Worse, among the players that we have gotten, not many are leaders or even showcase the determination on the field. We definitely need new players and talent, yes, but we also need players of strong character and leaders - ones who can control a dressing room and get other players in line. That is sorely missing, and is very underrated over here. We need more characters like Herrera on the pitch (oh, and Lindelof has slowly been growing into a leader role for the defence too, often trying to organize and galvanize the players)

There's no hiding how mediocre we are anymore. This core of players have failed LVG, Mourinho and will fail Ole if we don't rebuild.

I said this. Lukaku is the least of our worries right now.

Also, since we're not getting Saul, absolutely need to keep herrera

Recruitment has been utterly ***** ever since Ferguson retired. It has been haphazard and there has been no clear direction to it. Worse, among the players that we have gotten, not many are leaders or even showcase the determination on the field. We definitely need new players and talent, yes, but we also need players of strong character and leaders - ones who can control a dressing room and get other players in line. That is sorely missing, and is very underrated over here. We need more characters like Herrera on the pitch (oh, and Lindelof has slowly been growing into a leader role for the defence too, often trying to organize and galvanize the players)

It's alright Sherk, Woodward is sorting it out by getting Ferdinand in, the same guy who was quoted last year on twitter saying any top 4 club should get Ashley Williams. ****** joke how all this is being leaked in the media, all this talk for several months and still not in place for the summer.... sigh.

I'm totally at a loss as to where we go from here, this club is rotten to the core... that's our problem and at least if we turn into a sinking ship the Glazers will go when the money dries up.

Everyone talks about a rebuild.. we'll struggle to attract the right players at the moment. Any player worth their salt won't come here.

It's alright Sherk, Woodward is sorting it out by getting Ferdinand in, the same guy who was quoted last year on twitter saying any top 4 club should get Ashley Williams. ****** joke how all this is being leaked in the media, all this talk for several months and still not in place for the summer.... sigh.

I'm totally at a loss as to where we go from here, this club is rotten to the core... that's our problem and at least if we turn into a sinking ship the Glazers will go when the money dries up.

Everyone talks about a rebuild.. we'll struggle to attract the right players at the moment. Any player worth their salt won't come here.

I thought you had gone?

Ferdinand hasn't been approached either so.....

What I find mind blowing is on social media people think Mourinho has been redeemed by this disaster. When in reality he had 2.5 years to rebuild the team, spend a budget of a small country and you're in a worse place than when he took over.
So classic Mourinho right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I thought you had gone?

Ferdinand hasn't been approached either so.....

I took a break for a week and was tempted to not come back but thought why? We're all Unbited fans voicing an opinion and it's fine if you disagree with me or anyone else does for that matter. I just don't like it when people start to get insulting over it, we as a club are bad enough without going in on each other because of an opinion.

Btw
If Watford wins FA cup you have to play EL qualifying rounds in July.

Btw
If Watford wins FA cup you have to play EL qualifying rounds in July.

Hope it happens in a weird way, it will mess up this ridiculously scheduled commercial preseason they have once again organised. Our preseason will not be ideal either way granted.

Hope it happens in a weird way, it will mess up this ridiculously scheduled commercial preseason they have once again organised. Our preseason will not be ideal either way granted.

Yeah would probably be for the best. Get the team playing competetive matches as soon as possible, instead of a glorified marketing tour playing Bongalooloo FC on WakaFaka islands.

What befuddles me is giving contract extension or high wages to certain players that shoulve been moved on. Dont get me wrong Shaw is a decent player but why give him a new contact so early on in the season on high wages?. Too many players in your squad that will be hard to shift as they know no one else will pay them what they currently get. Jones, Lingard, Shaw, Rojo etc. the list goes on.

..... Everyone talks about a rebuild.. we'll struggle to attract the right players at the moment. Any player worth their salt won't come here.

That's not an issue as we learned a few weeks back on these here pages.

Keep up. :)

What befuddles me is giving contract extension or high wages to certain players that shoulve been moved on. Dont get me wrong Shaw is a decent player but why give him a new contact so early on in the season on high wages?. Too many players in your squad that will be hard to shift as they know no one else will pay them what they currently get. Jones, Lingard, Shaw, Rojo etc. the list goes on.

Shaw has been one of the most consistent full backs in the league.

They have no intention of selling Lingard ever. Jones is on 100K which isn't much and Rojo is on his way out...

I took a break for a week and was tempted to not come back but thought why? We're all Unbited fans voicing an opinion and it's fine if you disagree with me or anyone else does for that matter. I just don't like it when people start to get insulting over it, we as a club are bad enough without going in on each other because of an opinion.

If you read the posts it was never about disagreeing. Honestly go back and read them. Because I feel you missed the point a bit

Shaw has been one of the most consistent full backs in the league.

They have no intention of selling Lingard ever. Jones is on 100K which isn't much and Rojo is on his way out...
Compared to the the top FB in the league going forward he doesn't produce as much. What I dont get is fans calling for the likes of Young to be booted out when he is a consummate pro whos one of the few leaders you have and is happy being a squad member. Would you get rid of Martial is the question i'd like to know?

Player ins will take care of themselves. Player outs are what concern, as they impact the ins. First and foremost, the fitness and intensity of the current side needs to go up about 5 notches. It doesn't matter who you bring in if that doesn't change

Compared to the the top FB in the league going forward he doesn't produce as much. What I dont get is fans calling for the likes of Young to be booted out when he is a consummate pro whos one of the few leaders you have and is happy being a squad member. Would you get rid of Martial is the question i'd like to know?

He creates a fair amount. He can't do much more if the lads in front play like *****, you don't get assists if your players don't score . Shaw is great and isn't a problem at all.

Wouldnt get rid of Martial either. Fans over react madly when it comes to football.

Martial needs a good kick in the ***.

How was Chong? Missed 2nd half.

Martial needs a good kick in the ***.

How was Chong? Missed 2nd half.

im sure some will bash him a bit but i thought he looked a threat and was unlucky not to score.Think hes still very raw but definitely has the potential imo,needs more minutes whether at OT or elsewhere on loan

Back