The Manchester United Thread

He just needs the summer to get his head right. God knows why anyone wants him gone it’s madness and you have no chance of getting Oblak after just signing a new long term contract and admitting he wants to stay there for years just like Sail did.

You are assuming he even wants to stay. Pretty sure he is just fed up of putting up with mediocrity of his teammates, and who could blame him. He's been top 1-2 goalkeeper in the world for most of the decade and won jack ****.

You obvious don't remember the fact that he missed the first month or so of that season because his mind was on other things (ie the RM offer) which was affecting his performance. LVG dropped him from the until the transfer window was over.
I remember that but he wasn't benched due to any howlers. LVG just took the safe approach with the situation (LVG handled it well tbh).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

You are assuming he even wants to stay. Pretty sure he is just fed up of putting up with mediocrity of his teammates, and who could blame him. He's been top 1-2 goalkeeper in the world for most of the decade and won jack ****.
He has an EPL medal under his belt along with a few cups as well.

You're spot on. He has the quality to star in UCL's final, but is stuck with a team that can barely dream with a top 4 finish.

He has an EPL medal under his belt along with a few cups as well.

I think 7 or 8 trophies since he’s been with us. But yeah sure could of had more. But don’t think he wants to leave just wants rewarding with a contract he thinks he deserves after being our best player for about 5 yrs.

On
You're spot on. He has the quality to star in UCL's final, but is stuck with a team that can barely dream with a top 4 finish.

Quality? Sure
Mentality???

I love DDG to the bones, but surely it’s time to call a spade a spade and admit he has multiple question marks over the bigger moments of his career.

-His biggest CL game to date: unforgivable error
-World Cup (or virtually any representation of Spain): self destruct mode
-Top 4 fights at the business end: a series of errors (this year, should’ve done better for the winner in the 2-3 vs West Ham under LvG which would’ve guaranteed CL football, etc.)
-****, even the FA Cup final in 2016, he should’ve done better for Puncheons goal.

Maybe his skillset outweighs his ability to manage the big occasions. Maybe the fact we have been so **** in recent years, instead of challenging for major trophies, was beneficial to him. Maybe he would’ve flopped big time at Madrid. All I’m saying maybe it’s not the “poor De Gea” story everyone seems to say, maybe he needed this big-fish-small-bond scenario to shine, with no pressure (relative to expectation of winning the PL/CL & team performance in front of him)

This will no doubt get bashed and ridiculed but at least some food for thought

Last edited:
And no, I haven’t ignored the ridiculous levels he has performed for us, team context aside. Just an observation.

Would not play Rashford again this season he looks more shot than most and clearly not fully recovered from the injury and know Ole has confirmed he’s had shoulder problems to resulting in it needing strapped just so he can play. Disappointed no top for or CL next year! But also excited for the Summer and the rebuild and to see what direction we go in going into next season.

Give some of the youth a chance in the last few games especially the ones that Ole wants to take on tour and promote next season. Give them that taste so they won’t be totally green come next season. And I really want us to go all out next season Europa included!

Tuanzebe vs Leeds today. Absolutely dominant performance. This loan spell has been good except from a couple of injuries. The only weakness in his game was his heading. That’s improved majorly at Villa. Really hope he’s in the squad next season or at Villa on loan playing week in week out.

https://youtu.be/ZdEbDzVi1mc

I remember that but he wasn't benched due to any howlers. LVG just took the safe approach with the situation (LVG handled it well tbh).

LVG didn't play him because he knew if he did the howlers would have happened. Shame the same hasn't been true this season, DDG came off a poor international summer and hasn't really recovered to be honest.

Yeah I remember people were giving **** to LVG for dropping De Gea during the fax gate, but turns out the crazy Dutchman knew what he was doing after all.

Yeah I remember people were giving **** to LVG for dropping De Gea during the fax gate, but turns out the crazy Dutchman knew what he was doing after all.

Yeah

Still wouldn't get rid of him though. His distribution is good, when he's coached that way. Shame that Jose spent 2 years taking that out of him. I honnestly think he does want to be here. Because tbf, when LVG benched him, he was going, until the great fax **** up. This looks less decided, hence Ole sticking with him ( he may look like a child, but he's very switched on, he's very much keeping him onside). He's not declining at all. And we've got far bigger issues than him.

People talk about replacing him with Oblak...pray tell how we afford him give he's just signed a new contract, and we want 4 players as it is? Assuming he would even be interested.

Chow Zz see you soon ;) How can we ignore you when we replied to you :P

Also just rewatched the highlights. The shot doesn't even back up his point. It's a speculative nothing shot that should have been handles by keeper. Doesn't even qualify as a pressure or a good chance

It definitely looked like we were the side going to get the second goal of the game yesterday until that Karius-esque error.

Yep that goal killed all momentum and hit what little confidence we had going into the secondary half. Then the conditioning/fitness issue kicked in and a draw looked on the table from about 60 mins onwards, due to both teams being so out of form. Least the effort and desire has been shown in the last 2 matches. Hope to see a few promoted players in the last 2 squads.

Be interesting to see who gets promoted next season as out of the loan lads there’s only really Tuanzebe, Mitchell, Henderson that are good enough the rest will be gone. Then the likes of Gomes, Burkart, Chong, O’Connor, Barlow are At the age to be needing a loan or at least to be playing fairly regular part in our squad. Then Greenwood, Garner, Laird, Williams will all still be 17 start of the season.

Back