The Manchester United Thread

De Gea wants 480k Pw from Ducker. Don’t let the door hit you mate. Thanks for your service if that’s the case.

it is all on the manufacturer though. Clubs get very little input

You really think that brands like Man U , Liverpool, City etc allow a 3rd party to decide the image that will be seen around the world? However much Addidas/Nike/Admiral or whoever pays them?

Bit like Jaguar designing the engine and letting Vivien Westwood design the body.

Don't be fooled, someone somewhere at OT will have a huge involvement in the design and branding of everything that carries the United branding - it's too valuable not to. Same with the other big clubs.

Smaller deals with manufacturers (remember the Leicester 3rd kit?) will give the manufacturers more control/design freedom for 2nd or 3rd kits but the majot players will protect their brand come **** or high water.

You really think that brands like Man U , Liverpool, City etc allow a 3rd party to decide the image that will be seen around the world? However much Addidas/Nike/Admiral or whoever pays them?

Bit like Jaguar designing the engine and letting Vivien Westwood design the body.

Don't be fooled, someone somewhere at OT will have a huge involvement in the design and branding of everything that carries the United branding - it's too valuable not to. Same with the other big clubs.

Smaller deals with manufacturers (remember the Leicester 3rd kit?) will give the manufacturers more control/design freedom for 2nd or 3rd kits but the majot players will protect their brand come **** or high water.

My mate works at Nike, this is very much how it goes down, give or take a club's specific negotiations

We should be clear on something though, clubs mean nothing to the likes of Nike and Adidas.

We make what, 75m a year of Adidas. They have a revenue of 22 BILLION.

As big as we might feel we are in the sport, we're small compared to their global market.

Last edited:
MAN U. Very hot on young centre half Nathan Collins at STOKE. Darren Fletcher recommending strongly.

Please stop randomly posting stuff like this. At the very least, stick to the rumour thread with the first hand source. Not reddit, not twitter, the actual source

Please stop randomly posting stuff like this. At the very least, stick to the rumour thread with the first hand source. Not reddit, not twitter, the actual source
Sorry was a quote from journo Alan Nixon. Has been good with lower league transfers and Daniel Taylor And Ducker like a lot of his tweets. But yes will keep it to the transfer Forum.

Ghana Football reporting the man I've been begging for for months, Thomas Partey, is being seriously considered by United. Has a release clause under £50M.

Please let it be ******* true. This is the man I want in our midfield. Aggressive, good defensively and adds more control as a whole. Would be an absolute steal

Ghana Football reporting the man I've been begging for for months, Thomas Partey, is being seriously considered by United. Has a release clause under £50M.

Please let it be ******* true. This is the man I want in our midfield. Aggressive, good defensively and adds more control as a whole. Would be an absolute steal
AS and Marc’s day the release clause isn’t true just for last season?

i know its just talk as always a this stage of year but not liking what im hearing about bale.Can see ed rubbing his hands together at this one.two or three yrs ago yes but not what we need now surely

i know its just talk as always a this stage of year but not liking what im hearing about bale.Can see ed rubbing his hands together at this one.two or three yrs ago yes but not what we need now surely
No chance. Nearly everyone saying he’s not a target and Ole ain’t interested.

Only been couple of days and I'm already sick of the transfer rumour mill. It's become insufferable. Same manager can be on his way out on Monday and about to sign a 10 year contract on Tuesday. Clubs are being "linked" with basically every human that is male and has two legs. It's a colossal waste of time following all this drivel.

Think I'm just gonna disconnect from football news until August.

Only been couple of days and I'm already sick of the transfer rumour mill. It's become insufferable. Same manager can be on his way out on Monday and about to sign a 10 year contract on Tuesday. Clubs are being "linked" with basically every human that is male and has two legs. It's a colossal waste of time following all this drivel.

Think I'm just gonna disconnect from football news until August.
Bye.

Hope all the talk in Spain today about Mata staying after we offered him improved terms are true. Need players like him around atm. Also offers something different especially against teams in a low block. Also Mitten and Sky saying Dani James personal terms all agreed and just couple of things to finalise with Swansea. Good you exciting prospect and even though is one for the future he will bring something else that we lack. Genuine directness and blistering pace on the counter. And can actually cross!

Oh and Mitten said on MUTV that FB is not so high on the priority list this Summer as Laird will be in the squad next season. Also mentioned TFM will get a chance under Ole on tour with Demi Mitchell. And he’s had talks with Pogba about being Captain next season and needing to start stepping up to the player he can be on a more consistent level. Few more reporting the same this morning regarding Pogba and the Captaincy.

Also said after the Cardiff game Ole made them stay behind and gave the whole dressing room a right bollocking and said they have not been good enough or fit enough to wear the badge and need to start being a team on and off the pitch.

Last edited:
So Chelsea seem to be hiring Cech as per Sky. Lyon has hired Juninho. Arsenal are closing in on Edu. All in the roles of DOF or Sporting director.

I can sense a pattern developing here.

Back