The Manchester United Thread

Mitten: “The situation with De Gea is that United have offered him a contract which makes him the best paid goalkeeper in the world and that’s not enough. The agents' fees are alarming. Talks continue. I don't think United should be held to ransom just because they have this wealth.” #mufc [Sky]
If that's true then **** him off and get Henderson back

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Robben plays on the right and he's left footed. Big difference.

You do realize Sancho can play right across the frontline & is probably best at LW, where he played at City, despite being almost equally as amazing on the right?

You do realize Sancho can play right across the frontline & is probably best at LW, where he played at City, despite being almost equally as amazing on the right?

So he cuts in from the right onto his left foot then. Predictable. But he's been one of the best wingers for the last 10 years. Predictable doesn't mean ****

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Amazing that he can play across the front 3/4. But United need a right winger.

When you cut inside from flank, in Robbens case from right and he's left footed, he has much more space to be effective than someone who cant use his left foot and plays on the right. Robben was never limited by the width/length of the pitch. Sancho would be on the right wing, therefore he would be more limited. But **** it - if he can dribble past his man, then it doesnt matter.
Point still stands. Sancho would raise his game if he started using his left foot.

Wilfried Zaha is prepared to re-join United if they bid for him this summer. Palace want £100m although a fee of £70m might be acceptable. [Telegraph]

That price is ridicolous but I kinda like the idea of him in United. Think he's a good player, full of energy, pace, power and dribbling. Would definitely bring something to our team?
**** nah

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

When Robben cuts inside he rolls down entire backline with him.

Regarding Saul, apparently there have been personality clashes with Simeone. Plus, him being utilised as a handyman instead of being the centre of the rebuild. Also, him changing his agency to the same one that has Lingard, Trippier, Luke Shaw etc - people are speculating he maybe on his way out.

I would love him at United, and he would be an actual upgrade on Herrera, but if he is available, I feel City/Bayern/PSG will be all over it. Plus, they have CL football up for grabs too. That being said, I hope we have a shot and bring him in. Go a long way in covering up our midfield. Matic/Saul/Pogba(or Fernandez) and that is a rather good midfield. Atleast able to control most games.

Amazing that he can play across the front 3/4. But United need a right winger.

When you cut inside from flank, in Robbens case from right and he's left footed, he has much more space to be effective than someone who cant use his left foot and plays on the right. Robben was never limited by the width/length of the pitch. Sancho would be on the right wing, therefore he would be more limited. But **** it - if he can dribble past his man, then it doesnt matter.
Point still stands. Sancho would raise his game if he started using his left foot.

So Giggs & co. were limited? Or are we going to move the goalposts for him too, to somehow prove that Sancho's limited?

City also broke the points record with two outside wingers. Sané left, Sterling right.

Everyone and sundry seems to be rumoured to join us, including Lewandowski and Maguire. If we end up with either of them though, I'll be beyond furious. Maguire is okay, at best, and meh in general. Lewa is old, and not worth it. Positive rumours see us linked to Dybala and Nicolas Pepe. Pepe sounds more realistic, but Dybala would be a dream.

Dybala would be another Di Maria situation. Honestly, Sancho would be the safest bet

Dybala would be another Di Maria situation. Honestly, Sancho would be the safest bet
? Different players? Sancho, if signed, will be a winger. Dybala would be playing in the hole or up-top. Besides, as it stands, I reckon there is a better chance of Dybala moving here than Sancho, especially with no CL.

CB/RB/CM/RW/ST - technically, need players in that priority. A top class CB is vital, and I'm sincerely praying we get Koulibaly (despite the exorbitant fees). I wouldn't mind a younger CB like Skriniar or Romagnoli (fat chance getting either, I know, but used them as an example), but we really need a leader at the back to organise our defence.

Dybala is a really awkward profile. He’s not a 9, he’s virtually ineffective wide, etc.

Forces you into a 442 or 4231 variation, which I think is a little dated on a week-to-week basis

Nope, Giggs was using his right foot when he was moving with the ball. Whole point of this was that Sancho would be even better if he started using it. You dont need to, and still be a great player. But it limits your options when you have ball in your feet.

Dybala is a really awkward profile. He’s not a 9, he’s virtually ineffective wide, etc.

Forces you into a 442 or 4231 variation, which I think is a little dated on a week-to-week basis

Can also work in a diamond, at the tip. Or up-top, with him dropping back, I reckon. Which is what Juve tried to do initially, but couldn't.

But anyhow, don't think he is our priority. A window of Koulibaly/Meunier/Fernandes/Sancho would be the dream. But I don't think that is going to happen. I would be happy with a proper RW, however - Lozano, maybe? Oh, and maybe a replacement to Matic. We have been continuously linked to Rice, but haven't seen too much of him.

Rumours are linking us to Bale, but also saying we aren't interested in him anymore. If so, that is welcome news, and maybe a sign that our approach is improving for the better. If Sanchez has made them wary of targets like these, and if our overall transfer approach becomes less scatter-brained, I'll still be okay with his transfer, classifying it as a necessary evil (horribly expensive, destabilising one at that, but hey).

Can also work in a diamond, at the tip. Or up-top, with him dropping back, I reckon. Which is what Juve tried to do initially, but couldn't.

But anyhow, don't think he is our priority. A window of Koulibaly/Meunier/Fernandes/Sancho would be the dream. But I don't think that is going to happen. I would be happy with a proper RW, however - Lozano, maybe? Oh, and maybe a replacement to Matic. We have been continuously linked to Rice, but haven't seen too much of him.

Rumours are linking us to Bale, but also saying we aren't interested in him anymore. If so, that is welcome news, and maybe a sign that our approach is improving for the better. If Sanchez has made them wary of targets like these, and if our overall transfer approach becomes less scatter-brained, I'll still be okay with his transfer, classifying it as a necessary evil (horribly expensive, destabilising one at that, but hey).
Yeah we ain’t signing Bale. Lozano would be a good plan b for Sancho then have Dan James on the bench. Hope the Longstaff links are true he was playing fantastic before his injury. Watched him shitloads he has more potential than Rice imo.

sky sports reported that weve made contact with fulham regarding ryan sessegnon.if that happened id be happy hes a talented boy

Back