The Manchester United Thread

Bit disappointed Warren, Buffonge and Baars are going. Thought a year on loan to see how they did would of come first. But with the array of talent coming through it’s not totally surprising. **** did say there would be huge changes at U23 level this year.

The forgotten striker is moving on:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-James-Wilson-10-youngsters-leave-summer.html
I'm disappointed Warren isn't at least getting a chance, however, I guess the club sees things differently. No surprise that Wilson is going however, as he hasn't really looked like the player he was before his last major injury, hopefully a fresh start and with any luck an injury free season will help him get his head back in order

How many % make it though? People overhype most of our youth. Well, same goes for all clubs & their sets of fans.

Generally, there's only one of two per generation that can actually make it here, if any at all. There's 100 Sean Goss' for every Paul Pogba. Speaking of Goss, never got why so many were so upset when he, among others over the years, left - perfectly sums up my point. Some people had him down for Carrick successor, for the simple reason he played for United youth in the same position.

Imagine if we sell Lukaku and buy Griezmann to be our main man in attack and Pogba becomes happy and stays forever!

How many % make it though? People overhype most of our youth. Well, same goes for all clubs & their sets of fans.

Generally, there's only one of two per generation that can actually make it here, if any at all. There's 100 Sean Goss' for every Paul Pogba. Speaking of Goss, never got why so many were so upset when he, among others over the years, left - perfectly sums up my point. Some people had him down for Carrick successor, for the simple reason he played for United youth in the same position.
So true for every Pele/Maradona/Messi at 16 there are hundreds who never make it. You can be top of your age group at 12 but be just average by 15 football (as is any sport) is full of these wonder players who never make it. We as fans only see one side of the story or hear the hype, whereas the coaching staff and other staff see the real situation and how these young lads are really developing.

Yeah, considering the wages he is on, I'm more leery of Griezman than anyone else. Plus, the tendency to act like a prima-donna, so many times. While Griezmann is an excellent player, he is also on crazy high wages. Plus, he is 28, too. And likely crazy expensive to get. Not too enthused by that - ****, I'm more excited by Dybala than Griezmann.

Wow what a signing! Abs McManus centre back from City has just signed for Utds women on a 3 yr deal. Her and Groenen are 2 fantastic players to sign after promotion to the WSL1 :) also in the England squad for the WC.

United do not need a new striker. IF. Lukaku can find his form. Give him another season before deciding that to do. Unless he wants to move this Summer.

Also, lack of 'mainstream' United news is either very good or extremely bad. Yeah club shut down its doors to the media when it comes to transfers, but I still feel they should announce something, if they have anything, to give fans some excitement.

United do not need a new striker. IF. Lukaku can find his form. Give him another season before deciding that to do. Unless he wants to move this Summer.

Also, lack of 'mainstream' United news is either very good or extremely bad. Yeah club shut down its doors to the media when it comes to transfers, but I still feel they should announce something, if they have anything, to give fans some excitement.

Probably would've had James wrapped up by now had it not been for the passing of his Dad.

It’s quite on Utd transfers. But not Utd news. 2 top class signings for the women’s team. Record season ticket sales. Sbragia sacked and a complete staff restructuring at u23 level. 1 top signing for the u18s and 2 more of the very best at that age in Europe in the works. 10-12 u23s players leaving. The transfer committee talk is gathering pace. Like RH said James would of been done if his dad not passed.

Then talk of Lukaku, DDG, Mata, Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez, Bailly all leaving. And the De Ligt talk is getting more and more each day. Lots going on tbf.

Nah, I prefer it this way. Touting potential signings in the past always ended up with us overpaying for players.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Marcos Rojo: “For now, I continue at #mufc. I spoke to the manager before the holidays and about what he planned to do with me. He told me that he had me in mind, that I was an important player, that he was going to take me into account." #mulive

Marcos Rojo: “Yes, it’s true [talks with Boca Juniors]. Burdisso called me, he was my teammate in the national team. He called me when he took over at Boca. At that time I wasn’t playing. I thanked him but I told him that my intention was to continue in #mufc."

Thanks for the welcome guys, I try to come on whenever possible but it's hard because at the moment I'm all over the place.

Hope Solskjaer is ruthless. players like Rojo need to go..... defence needs the most work done this summer. Here in Switzerland fans have been calling for De Ligt to be the start of this! He is the leader of our rebuild we need, pay whatever it takes.

Van Der Sar could be crucial to us attracting some Ajax players this summer, still love this guy and would rather him for Recruitment Of F0otbal at United.
VDS would be great even though he’s never done anything like that before. But I would welcome him. Shame he wants to stay at Ajax.

Marcos Rojo: “For now, I continue at #mufc. I spoke to the manager before the holidays and about what he planned to do with me. He told me that he had me in mind, that I was an important player, that he was going to take me into account." #mulive

Marcos Rojo: “Yes, it’s true [talks with Boca Juniors]. Burdisso called me, he was my teammate in the national team. He called me when he took over at Boca. At that time I wasn’t playing. I thanked him but I told him that my intention was to continue in #mufc."
If true, that's ****** depressing. Need to get rid of Rojo, has been rather useless the past three years. And maybe Jones too, now that we can maybe get a sell-on value for him. Leaves us with Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe and a new CB, which is good.

Mino Raiola obviously trying to use United to get Barca giving De Ligt a better contract..
Or he’s pushing De Ligt here for a huge ******* pay day himself. Or maybe VDS and Blind have told him how massive the club is and how great the support is. Or De Ligt likes the massive package we have offered. Or maybe De Ligt wants to be the face that wakes the sleeping giant and bring it back to the glory days. Will see I guess!

Back