The Manchester United Thread

On presenting Woodward a vision
I have always had a vision of how I want this team to look in 18 months when that season (2021-22) starts.

We need some transfer windows before then, but I set that plan out for Ed within a couple of weeks when I came here.

I’m old school. I am not the iPad or powerpoint-presentation type. For me it’s a flip chart – write it down and put in the names. Yep, yep, no, no, yes. Players, gaps, holes. With what’s happened since, one or two things have changed – but he has known from the start what I think this group needs.

I’d been watching. I had a clear idea of what a United team should look like. I have been part of a United team and I wanted to go back to our traditions of attacking.

Quick, attacking football with pace, power, and personalities out there. And that is what we are doing. I can see fruits of what we’re doing. The seeds we’re laying are starting to pop up.

Obviously we are one or two players down in numbers but it doesn’t have to be all done in this (January) window, it might be the summer window. But we are going to strengthen. We are going to get starters into this team. We need to.

On improved fitness levels
You see every single day now that these players don’t need an operation. Sometimes they need some medicine but we’re on the right track.

If you don’t pull your weight or put a shift in you’re the odd man out in training. It didn’t always used to be like that, I have to say.

On changing the mood at the club
I’d been there once since I left and I didn’t feel that I could go in so it was important to change the mood.

It’s about being part of the family when you work for us. It doesn’t matter if you’re Kath on reception, Mike behind the cooking plates, or Alec doing the kit, we as coaches, or the players.

We are one team, that’s always been United. Now I’m getting more confirmation of that by ex-players coming back who have not been here for many years.

Last week we had Patrice (Evra) and Anderson in. Berba (Dimitar Berbatov) has been in. So too Nemanja (Vidic), and Rio (Ferdinand). Roy Keane hasn’t been in to talk to my players…but he has been in. But he hasn’t spoken to my players. They’re all coming in.

When I have Norwegians meeting us here, other clubs, agents – they get a great feel.

That’s a big thing for me, Mick Phelan and Michael Carrick because we’ve been part of this club for so long.

Why not try Greenwood behind Martial? He cant do much worse than Lingard.

This is where the lack of quality at 10 and CM hurt us in these games no creation or tempo dictation whatsoever

De Gea is poor at commanding his area, like one of the worst in PL. His shot stopping bails him out..... but if that was Pickford then he punches that out.

I mean you could argue he was fouled.... but it's very soft imo.... he comes and has to get that ball. Most goalkeepers would get that and punch it clear.

This is where the lack of quality at 10 and CM hurt us in these games no creation or tempo dictation whatsoever

We've been poor, expected better considering recent game but I always knew that Solskjaer struggles to break teams like Everton down. His style against teams like City and Spurs works a lot better.

Still we can get back in to this game... but got to move the ball a lot better.

Wasted to many opportunities. Lacked quality and a bit of composure in vital moments. Gonna get that with young players. A few more additions and we won’t be far off imo. There goal should of not even counted tbh. Frustrating again but not the worst result either.

Greenwood aka RVP Mk2 :) is gonna be some player. Nothing I didn’t know and some thought I was off my rocker when I said he would definitely get double figures this season......

There are two types of United teams: United vs Big teams and United vs small teams lol.

Our next 3 league games are against watford, Burnley and Newcastle but I'd be more confident if we faced city, Liverpool and Chelsea