The Manchester United Thread

This is why I'm personally not Ole in, although I can see the positive things he is doing, 1 year in now and still no further forward in breaking down teams in a low block. This is what the majority of your management success will be judged upon, playing the smaller teams and getting the points from those games. It's nice to be able to win the big games but it's rather meaningless if you aren't consistent against the lesser teams.

Maybe give him until the of the season if Poch doesn't move before, but personally I think we need to get the latter if we're not in top 4 come May, This season every team has been so bad that we're somehow 6th and still have a chance. Lets not kid ourselves though, this is one of the easiest opportunities to make top 4 and we might still not.

Oh and another unpopular opinion, Martial still annoys me sometimes, I know he is more talented than arguably any attacker we have. But I get de ja vu like Pogba every time I see him.... does he really want to impact a game? Sure the service might be questionable but I want more from him in games like this to make something happen.

Wayne Rooney in his prime was a different animal, but what made him SO special was how he grabbed a game by the scruff of its neck and would make a piece of magic out of nothing.

Martial is seemingly just happy to coast along and pick up a pay check rather than really try to impact a game. Unless the ball comes to him on a silver plater and then he can do something with it.

Our result against Everton wasn't his fault, but we're lying to ourselves if you don't want more from him in games like this.

..... Maybe give him until the of the season if Poch doesn't move before, but personally I think we need to get the latter if we're not in top 4 come May, This season every team has been so bad that we're somehow 6th and still have a chance. Lets not kid ourselves though, this is one of the easiest opportunities to make top 4 and we might still not.

The Europa league looks your most viable pathway again mate.

Although I have a feeling on Salzburg going really far in that having seen them twice up close. Heck of an exciting, quality side.

Barclays FA Women's Super League

@BarclaysFAWSL
Your #ContiCup quarter-final ties, due to be played on 15/16 January!@ArsenalWFC ? @ReadingFCWomen @sufc_women ? @ManCity @ManUtdWomen ? @OfficialBHAFC @ChelseaFCW ? @AVWFCOfficial

#1,050
Lauren James tied down :)

Proud moment announcing I have signed my first professional contract with @manutdwomen ✍? I’m so excited to see what we can achieve together in 2020 and beyond. To my teammates, my coach, the fans and of course, my family, thank you for all the support ❤ @rocnationsports

U23s team tonight against Reading

Kovar
Laird Taylor Bernard Mengi
Helm Puigmal
Chong Galbraith Traore
Ramazani

Subs: Fish, Carney, McCann, Mejbri, Hoogewerf

0-1 Utd. Laird makes a good interception as the keeper plays out the ball tobhis FB. Plays a nice one two with Chong. Then Laird picks out a great drilled ball to Puigmal in the box who shows a great first touch and lovely finish.

HT 1-1. Laird and Chong been superb on the right flank. Puigmal running the show in CM and Traore has impressed also. Silly goal to concede on the stroke of HT. Long deep cross from a free kick and Kovar punches one of there players in the head while missing the ball. Then a reading player has an easy finish.

Last edited:
Get in! 1-2 Utd. We been well and truly u set the cosh all this half. Brilliant break and bit of magic from Chong to beat his FB then puts in a nice pass to Traore who scores a great curling effort into the top corner.

Wow! 1-3 Chong destroys the FB cuts inside and whips it right round the keeper in to the far top corner. Absolutely top class!

Helm off for Mejbri who is gonna get another 20 mins at this level :)

1-4 the u18s do the bizz. Mejbri gets the ball and drives through the CM avoiding a couple of challenges then slips it to Hoogewerf who drills it low pass the keeper. Top play by the 16 yr olds!

1-4 FT. Now 1 point off WHU who are top and we play in Jan

Last edited: