The Manchester United Thread

The thing that worries me most about tonight but also predictable in a way like against Rochdale, we still can't break a low block down. Sure Rashford has had a few opportunities from a few balls over the top, but it's not actually working your way in to the box and creating a chance.

When we can't counter, what do we really do in games like this? Not enough, but this is the majority of our games. Until we improve against teams who won't let us counter.. we're never going to seriously improve sadly.

Greenwood showing his quality again. Superb cross to bring an own goal.

More like it why couldn’t they play like this in the first half.

Last edited:
Better second half, would be nice to see us create more goals like the 3rd one we scored.
Definitely Got a dressing down at HT because it was clear as day the first 20 mins of the second half the difference in tempo and our pressing.

?️ Solskjær on Gomes and Chong: "Both of them are players we want to keep. They're good talents and have had a couple of niggles and injuries so I've not been able to play them as much as I like. Angel [Gomes] has been ill for a few weeks and had a bad ankle." #manutd #mufc

Team to face AC Milan

Kovar
Dalot Mengi Bernard Laird
Puigmal Galbraith
Chong Gomes(C) Traore
Mellor

Subs: Mastny, Taylor, Bejger, Neville, Hockenhull, McCann, Helm

1-0 Utd after 33 mins. Great ball out from the back into the channel from Gomes. Laird brings it down with a great touch. Blasts past the FB then his deflected cross gets tapped in by Mellor. Laird playing at LB tonight.

Finished 3-0. Second goal was scored by Gomes after good work from Laird on the right this time. Feeds Gomes in the box who makes a yard and drills it low pass the keeper.

3rd was a pass to Chong over the top who drives into the box and is brought down from behind. He scored the resulting penalty.

Dalot looked good but rusty as expected but made some good runs and crosses. But Laird was motm by a country mile.

Last edited: