The Manchester United Thread

This Fernandes deal is doing my nut in, just highlights United's lack of desire to really improve but rather haggle over a few squid endlessly. If he gets injured tonight, I'll only laugh at our incompetence. No way he should play in this game before a so called big move.

This Fernandes deal is doing my nut in, just highlights United's lack of desire to really improve but rather haggle over a few squid endlessly. If he gets injured tonight, I'll only laugh at our incompetence. No way he should play in this game before a so called big move.
Why is a transfer doing your nut in lol?

All comes back to the biggest issue at Utd mate as you keep pertinently saying. The Glaziers and their accountant lapdog Woodward.

If he was anything like a competent GM/ DoF with a proper plan for the squad, and not just someone who's reactionary in the transfer market, more often than not to just a name, he'd have been working on Fernandes since the last window to have had this boxed the start of this if that was who they wanted.

Until you sort those two glaring issues out, and F knows how you do whilst the Americans pockets are being heavily lined.which, in turn, keeps Woodward in full control this side of the Atlantic, nottin's changing from the mid-table shambles you now are.

United negotiate the joy out of any deal .... it was exciting, now it's just tedious and dragging endlessly.

All comes back to the biggest issue at Utd mate as you keep pertinently saying. The Glaziers and their accountant lapdog Woodward.

If he was anything like a competent GM/ DoF with a proper plan for the squad, and not just someone who's reactionary in the transfer market, more often than not to just a name, he'd have been working on Fernandes since the last window to have had this boxed the start of this if that was who they wanted.

Until you sort those two glaring issues out, and F knows how you do whilst the Americans pockets are being heavily lined.which, in turn, keeps Woodward in full control this side of the Atlantic, nottin's changing from the mid-table shambles you now are.

I think they might create their own exit eventually (not yet) the way it's going, just purely through their incompetence and the fact that this club is being overtaken now by others off the pitch as well. When the glazers realise that the value is starting to fall.... they hopefully will ****** off.

I think they might create their own exit eventually (not yet) the way it's going, just purely through their incompetence and the fact that this club is being overtaken now by others off the pitch as well. When the glazers realise that the value is starting to fall.... they hopefully will ****** off.

I can emphasise to the point I hope that happens for you.

I mean don't get me wrong, we're naturally loving watching Utd in this carnage. The same way you lads spent the best part of the last 3 decades mocking L'pool for making the same, repeated mistakes you now are with the club regressing year-on-year and hanging desperately onto its name.

But by the same token, having lived it first hand, I know full well what it's like to have terrible owners who are only interested in making money out of the football club. And we're not talking any old football clubs here. We're talking the two biggest, and in many respects, most relevant clubs in England by a Country mile. Being, at different points in time, turned into complete laughing stocks down to the base incompetency running right through the club from the top on down.

I feel yer man. It's no fun at all.

You have absolutely bob hope of them selling up anytime soon absolutely no chance unfortunately. The club still making record sums that will keep them happy even if it falls a little bit it’s still making them a **** ton of money.

Because we're ******** up any hope of this season actually achieving anything, just like if we had signed a midfielder in the summer.... we'd undoubtedly be a in a better position now.
Fernandes coming in today or Monday isn’t going to change much of anything for the rest of our season. Stop being dramatic

Fernandes coming in today or Monday isn’t going to change much of anything for the rest of our season. Stop being dramatic
I totally agree, yes it would be nice to get the ****** thing done but ultimately what difference will it make other than the fact he won't be able to play against Liverpool. Sometimes I think it was miles better when you didn't know the rumours about what is going on. Could you imagine what the '70's and '80's would have been if there was as much social media as today. We don't know the truth of the matter and until the deal is done and the individual signs on the dotted line just ignore the frenzy.

1579262644268.png

People missing the point big time here I'm afraid, United aren't capable now of doing deals quickly and efficiently under wraps now. Everyone knows about their signings months before it actually happens. Just look back to Maguire, AWB and co.

Sure you can say the modern world is different, but come on.. it's quite clear that there are a lot of clubs better at negotiating transfers now than us, in various aspects depending on how you look at it.Not being dramatic either, this is United all over.... it's not about Fernandes done today would have made a difference for Sunday, it wouldn't really.

The greater picture is that we're looking to buy Fernandes despite turning down the deal in summer AND there is no actual real planning gone into this signing because we can't execute it still, yet we're nearly 3/4 into this January window.

Plus. Ole and Phelan going to watch the player.... only last week. It's just odd all around I'm afraid. Anyone who wants to defend it fine.... but for me it's inept.

Oh and it's laughable to say that he wouldn't make a difference, every game we play there is a massive hole in our midfield. He'd literally walk into this team straight away. Still if we eventually pull it off, it's a good signing.

Last edited:
People missing the point big time here I'm afraid, United aren't capable now of doing deals quickly and efficiently under wraps now. Everyone knows about their signings months before it actually happens. Just look back to Maguire, AWB and co.

Sure you can say the modern world is different, but come on.. it's quite clear that there are a lot of clubs better at negotiating transfers now than us, in various aspects depending on how you look at it.Not being dramatic either, this is United all over.... it's not about Fernandes done today would have made a difference for Sunday, it wouldn't really.

The greater picture is that we're looking to buy Fernandes despite turning down the deal in summer AND there is no actual real planning gone into this signing because we can't execute it still, yet we're nearly 3/4 into this January window.

Plus. Ole and Phelan going to watch the player.... only last week. It's just odd all around I'm afraid. Anyone who wants to defend it fine.... but for me it's inept.
We have been like this doing deals for years lol why start complaining now. Yes it’s annoying AF IF you let it bother you but that’s up to you.

We are looking at buying Fernandes now because of our injury problems. He wasn’t even a target for Jan let alone one of the main ones for the summer either. We have acted on it due to injuries and the player being available due to Sporting being in financial problems.

This explains why it’s taking longer because talks started about a week ago. Do you honestly think a transfer can happen after a weeks talk lol.

Oh and it's laughable to say that he wouldn't make a difference, every game we play there is a massive hole in our midfield. He'd literally walk into this team straight away. Still if we eventually pull it off, it's a good signing.
It is laughable. How would he have made a difference? He wouldn’t of been available for the a Arsenal match. And most likely the Wolves FA Cup match on the 3rd due to just signing and not training with the team. We beat Norwich and we then beat Wolves in the replay. The only game you can say he could of made a difference is City in the cup. But unless he can make Phil Jones a better defender or prevent an own goal then I’m not sure he would of done either.

We are looking at buying Fernandes now because of our injury problems. He wasn’t even a target for Jan let alone one of the main ones for the summer either. We have acted on it due to injuries and the player being available due to Sporting being in financial problems.

Sry but this is a bit bullshit(uuu this is not censored, excellent) excuse and if Ole or Ed would say this uhh.....

Nothing in the media would even show out that you have other targets in mind. I agree that we dont see 90%what goes on behind scene for player search and transfers but cant believe he was not target at all. But this much work should have started well before.

43m£ + 17m£ in add one according to the Sky Reporter our in Portugal for there game tonight. Said the Sporting director has told them they are happy with the deal and that it was the players request to play tonight before the move.

Better than 70/75 they wanted in the summer!

Sry but this is a bit bullshit(uuu this is not censored, excellent) excuse and if Ole or Ed would say this uhh.....

Nothing in the media would even show out that you have other targets in mind. I agree that we dont see 90%what goes on behind scene for player search and transfers but cant believe he was not target at all. But this much work should have started well before.
What balls are you talking it’s been said by everyone under the and there dog Maddison and Grealish are Oles top targets for midfield. Of coarse he was likely on the list but possibly 4/5?choice and especially due to there initial demands in the Summer. And rightly so no one was paying that and that’s why Spurs pulled out.

he’s been offered to us because we enquired in the past and they need the money. We have acted because of injuries and we are getting a far better deal.