The Manchester United Thread

Tbh yesterday can’t blame him for there second that was a good save that just rebounded of the back of Lindelöf. Shaw at the back is the biggest worry. Never knows where his attacker is and has cost us 3 gls the last 4 weeks

Yeah but he gave the ball away to Lacazette on one occasion that nearly cost us a goal

Two things that confirms Ole isn't the right man: --

He said creativity isn't the problem.

He said he was happy with a Matic and Fred midfield. He deserves what he gets now this window.

He seems... To positive all the time for my liking.

FFP be damned!

The EFL are a continued disgrace.

FFP in EFL only affects teams that are longer there. If PL teams drop down they have money and can scheme a lot to by winning promotion and parachute money. Thats why it was soo good to see Derby lose last year. They are currently in bad situation with paying wages and the selling issue of their stadium. Punishments must be more severe and direct.

L'pool beat Sheff. Utd tonight, and win the game in hand at West Ham, which in all likelihood they will, that leaves Utd 30 points outside of first just over half a season in.

Just stop and think about that ..... THIRTY points! TEN wins! That's nearly half the games played! This is pre-PL Utd historically bad.

He must some have some proper dirt on Woodward to not be on the block.

OGS may make the point of "well, you didn't sign up all my targets plus we have an incredibly thin side" to Woodward which hands over a bit of guilt.

Last edited:
True mate. Luckily McTom and Fred have improved massively under Ole and Co. But alas our stupid luck with injuries has hit again. Really hope there’s something in the Benfica Cm talk especially since they just signed Weigl from Dortmund. I honestly wouldn’t mind Can on Loan for the rest of the season
Its dumb really. United missed Bruno Fernandes in the Summer and now there's no guarantee Pogba will play for United anymore. He might, but either timing is really, really, REALLY fcking bad, or he's off. And btw, Dani Olmo was available in the Summer for 30 mill, now Barca have sent that offer and Dinamo will probably accept it. Now United is going to sign ( theoretically) Gedson from Benfica? A 21 year old midfielder who's nowhere near as safe bet as those 2 plus he's going to cost a bomb and no way he'll come ready made to improve United.

Oh and Weigl is a defensive midfielder as far as I know? Ah, we'll have to wait and see. Whats sure that second part of the season is probably be long and painful.

Its dumb really. United missed Bruno Fernandes in the Summer and now there's no guarantee Pogba will play for United anymore. He might, but either timing is really, really, REALLY fcking bad, or he's off. And btw, Dani Olmo was available in the Summer for 30 mill, now Barca have sent that offer and Dinamo will probably accept it. Now United is going to sign ( theoretically) Gedson from Benfica? A 21 year old midfielder who's nowhere near as safe bet as those 2 plus he's going to cost a bomb and no way he'll come ready made to improve United.

Oh and Weigl is a defensive midfielder as far as I know? Ah, we'll have to wait and see. Whats sure that second part of the season is probably be long and painful.
Im glad we went nowhere near Weigl. Gedson like Olmo can’t be seen a safe bet tbh. But it’s no doubt both would improve us. And cost about the same fee. But at the same time are completely different types of players. Both would be ideal to fill both roles we are short. It’s very strange no club was genuinely interested in Fernandes from Sporting.

Im glad we went nowhere near Weigl. Gedson like Olmo can’t be seen a safe bet tbh. But it’s no doubt both would improve us. And cost about the same fee. But at the same time are completely different types of players. Both would be ideal to fill both roles we are short. It’s very strange no club was genuinely interested in Fernandes from Sporting.
Weigl is slower than Matic lol not the level you want he has regressed badly. January is a notoriously hard time to do transfers as no club wants to lose their best players midway through the season unless a king's ransom is paid. Better off assessing the main midfield targets and waiting till the summer to get the right man that will definitely improve you instead of signing someone now.

Yous lot might regret giving De Gea that new contract because Dean Henderson will be a star, made a world-class save to deny Salah and was desperately unlucky with the Mane goal.

Been saying this for ages while people on here thought I was off my rocker....
And we have been saying the same for Macheda, Cleverley, Welbeck, Januzaj etc etc.
Still holding my horses on every young player not named Greenwood.

Man, I've criticised Ole earlier too, and I repeat, I have no idea what the game plan is. He is too slow with his subs, his style seems only one thing - counter attack. And has no clue how to break low blocks, plus our best midfielder is a disinterested one. And more to the point, his constant assertion that he is happy with the squad is ******* me off (despite probably having to say that to maintain harmony). This was an utterly unbalanced squad from the start, and everyone kept calling out that w/o Pogba, creativity is zilch. How do we not sign anyone to back him up/take the burden off him.

Fernandes - why the **** was he not one of our top targets? I read somewhere that his pass completion rate used to be ~82% which was what turned off Ole and Woodward (considering KdB and others get around 90). If so, it's bonkers. And utterly shortsighted.

Also, pardon me, but Ole also needs to get off his high horse. Not signing targets if they aren't the top two identified for that position - it is all well and good stating that if you have a squad like Liverpool/City - quality squad, good depth while needing only a couple of additions to keep players fresh. When our squad is woeful, depth is only youngsters and quality is few and far between, we can't afford to just not go after players. Get a few bodies in, build a team and then worry about top two targets, eh?

Dybala and Fernandes - they would've completely changed the outlook of our squad. Filled it with greater creativity and much better movement and link-up play. Same for Dani Olmo. But no, because Woodward feels it's too difficult to get value in the transfer market. (Dybala is still understandable, but he would have been worth it, and just what we needed in the squad). We have effectively done 3 good transfers in three windows if we don't get anyone in January. And I blame Woodward - if the guy (and his team of accountants) can't handle transfers (or stick to the ****** one transfer at a time policy), then hire someone who knows their **** as a DoF and get off. Because at this rate, we will practically never improve. Title winning teams weren't built on a systematic model of inconsistency which we are exhibiting right now - so much so that Top 4 has never been more achievable, yet I am reasonably confident we will mess that up.

Poch is available, but the way the club is run, I honestly don't want him here - it will just screw him over as well. Until the Glazers step in and remove Woodward from the football side of things, that is never going to happen - atleast, not until we stop being a money-spinning organization. Which, honestly, is not very far off. There's only so much money you can generate at the top if you are unable to play well/compete with the best. Let's face it, we are already facing it with young players - growing up, they haven't seen United at the very top unlike earlier - makes it more difficult to get them interested. I don't know - something has to give, otherwise, it'll just be more dire stuff ahead.

As Jan is a hard month anyway to get decent transfers, I think this summer might be very intense on PL. So many teams are lost some touch and need to catch up with Pool and City.
  • Chelsea have ban removed and they need to make some changes.
  • Arsenal have Arteta now and have entered into a rebuild that definitely sees them active in summer.
  • Spurs also will need some shakeup, even when Levy is not splashing out, Jose has some kind of plan or he would not have joined, they will sell several guys and make additions.
  • Everton with Ancelotti could have finally some kind of vision on how to play and where to go. He definitely has some pull also, more if he manages to play good footy next half and maybe push for EL place.
  • City definitely needs to strengthen a bit as we can see their holes this season.
  • Lei is wildcard, as if they lose someone they might go after another younger talent that top clubs want, but they can offer starting place and place to really grow.
  • Wolves Moutinho is getting old and needs replacement. Might pull out some good Portuges connection again for deal.
All teams situation and manager names to consider it will be hard for United to find some good deals(not overpay guys), even more when they again will be left out of CL and Ole remains in charge. Would you rather train under Ole, Ancelotti, Jose or Arteta..?

And we, on the other hand, again need a squad rebuild of sorts. Need a proper LB (or delegate Shaw to backup), Need atleast 1 CM and 1 DM, atleast 1 winger and 1 striker. This, excluding the GK situation, where we can pray DDG reaches his old levels.

Need 5-6 players in the winter/summer. IF we don't start addressing atleast a few now, we won't stand a chance in the summer. For our sake, I hope we target someone(s) now. If we need to overpay a bit, so be it.

Yous lot might regret giving De Gea that new contract because Dean Henderson will be a star, made a world-class save to deny Salah and was desperately unlucky with the Mane goal.
Alternatively it might be a plan, by keeping De Gea the club has had the luxury of allowing Henderson to get first team experience out of the media bubble, it will be interesting to see what happens if a decent offer comes in for De Gea summer. I have a feeling if it happens he will be gone, as Henderson has not only got the experience now at playing in a successful team at Championship level he is now got the Premiership experience as well.

And we have been saying the same for Macheda, Cleverley, Welbeck, Januzaj etc etc.
Still holding my horses on every young player not named Greenwood.
Huge difference is Henderson has proved himself in every level inc the international stage. It’s been clear for ages he was gonna be a top keeper. Well colour me shocked he’s proving it in the prem also. Macheda and Januzaj were big headed wanna be stars who thought they had already made it. And Welbeck is a crock! There is literally no comparison at all with Henderson

As Jan is a hard month anyway to get decent transfers, I think this summer might be very intense on PL. So many teams are lost some touch and need to catch up with Pool and City.
  • Chelsea have ban removed and they need to make some changes.
  • Arsenal have Arteta now and have entered into a rebuild that definitely sees them active in summer.
  • Spurs also will need some shakeup, even when Levy is not splashing out, Jose has some kind of plan or he would not have joined, they will sell several guys and make additions.
  • Everton with Ancelotti could have finally some kind of vision on how to play and where to go. He definitely has some pull also, more if he manages to play good footy next half and maybe push for EL place.
  • City definitely needs to strengthen a bit as we can see their holes this season.
  • Lei is wildcard, as if they lose someone they might go after another younger talent that top clubs want, but they can offer starting place and place to really grow.
  • Wolves Moutinho is getting old and needs replacement. Might pull out some good Portuges connection again for deal.
All teams situation and manager names to consider it will be hard for United to find some good deals(not overpay guys), even more when they again will be left out of CL and Ole remains in charge. Would you rather train under Ole, Ancelotti, Jose or Arteta..?

This is why we were so stupid not to get the midfielder or two last summer, not only has it totally screwed this season over but this window and next summer are going to be even harder to get the signings done. As it's the Euros and all.

Our board are incompetent as **** and it just kills me because I knew this season was a write off before it began.

They won't sack Ole until they absolutely have to, they are saving face and it's at the expense of us all. This is what they wanted, a manager who the fans would back no matter what due to his reputation.

There was numerous midfielders that were available and would have improved us significantly last summer. Just utter stupidity buy those above that didn't prioritise this seemingly. We can't get more than 3 deals done in one window? Give me a break!

Been saying this for ages while people on here thought I was off my rocker....

Mate I was with you all along, I wasn't totally sure if Henderson was ready for that step up. But De Gea hasn't been himself for a long time, but one thing that is really unforgivable, he still has very little presence in the box, in a league where he is being targeted more and more recently.