The Manchester United Thread

And the thing is there’s **** loads of fans that are perfectly fine with it. Honestly can’t believe!

Fine if your unhappy and want change I’m all for that but at least think about it and the significance of the date and time your thinking about doing it. Any other date/ time I would be fine with.

All this talk about it hitting the Glazers hard. Just don’t go full stop. Lining there pockets then walking out just seems anti productive to me.

Fergie, Sir Matt and the Busby Babes Must be/would be sick at this whole walk out thing. And to think fans actually think they would be proud ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

The big problem is a lot of todays younger fans only associate United with the Fergie years they don't relate to the Munich crash and see that putting their point accross as more important than reflecting on probably the one thing that actually put the club on the track to it's global standing. Without Munich, United would probably be just another English club a successful one but not the global entity it is today. To them Munich is 'ancient' history and as such fair game.

The big problem is a lot of todays younger fans only associate United with the Fergie years they don't relate to the Munich crash and see that putting their point accross as more important than reflecting on probably the one thing that actually put the club on the track to it's global standing. Without Munich, United would probably be just another English club a successful one but not the global entity it is today. To them Munich is 'ancient' history and as such fair game.
But isn’t that one of the reasons most probably started supporting the club so not really fair game even though I see where your coming from. Supporting Utd shouldn’t just be about supporting the good times aka as the Fergie era. But the history of the club also.

But isn’t that one of the reasons most probably started supporting the club so not really fair game even though I see where your coming from. Supporting Utd shouldn’t just be about supporting the good times aka as the Fergie era. But the history of the club also.

Long text below:

I had 7 years, maybe 8 when I started following United. Now imagine this, in a post war destroyed country, where colored TVs are rarity, some kid heard about King of the football on TV and it happens he was playing for United. Talking about Cantona. That was back in 1998. On rare occasions United was on TV, only in Champions league, so thats maybe 3-4 games per YEAR) and since I cant remember it that well, my mom used to tell me how I was shaking and sweating and being cold when I was watching. She even considered not allowing me to watch United games, but I think that would kill me.
I remember furiously checking teletext for results and news because I did not have the internet till 2010. Now imagine that. But before those days I would regularly sneak out to local bet shops because they had satellite TV and it was possible to watch United there. They had like 10-15 big TVs and if you're annoying enough, workers would switch to your game.
Oh, the Internet. It made me so happy that I could watch any United game anytime I want. And the best of all, I could watch it live on stream, in real time. No more teletext or bet shops for me. And I realized I was not alone. I knew big United was back then, just didn't know how big of a reach it has. It was mindblowing and humbling at the same time. From 2010 till Mourinho was appointed (and I think I even wrote here I would stop watching games after his meltdowns) I havent missed one game. Thats what, 7-8 years? And thats with me staying awake for tour games in godknowswhereland.
Even thought it hurts me on many different levels to watch United like this, I still regularly skip going to work/ditch friends just to watch United. And I tell myself I shouldn't skip/ditch, and I do it again and again.
I had some **** moments in my life, we all did. United was one of the things that kept me sane. I still dream going to Old Trafford, and with each day I'm closer and closer to that goal. So f*ck it, for me, United is more than a club and its going to be that way till the end.

#mufc squad to face Tranmere: De Gea, Romero, Grant; Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Jones, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Shaw; Matic, Fred, Pereira, Gomes, Lingard, Mata; Chong, James, Greenwood, Martial #mulive [men]

Didn't expect him to go this strong considering City in a few days...

Didn't expect him to go this strong considering City in a few days...
Will see what the 11 is. City have gone strong Silva, Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan, Otamendi etc all playing. Not much choice tbh all things considered. Hopefully a few get a rest

Will see what the 11 is. City have gone strong Silva, Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan, Otamendi etc all playing. Not much choice tbh all things considered. Hopefully a few get a rest
And they have also left Ederson, Aguero, Sterling and De Bruyne on the bench. And still managed to start the likes of Garcia, Angelino and Foden. Just shows how good their squad is. We're relying on kids that quite a few of them don't even have loan experience. After what we have spent we really shouldnt be in this position.