The Manchester United Thread

Why are people complaining about a STR coming in for literally 6 months to help us out till the end of the season?

Don't want King, he's the definition of average and would be the type of signing Liverpool made during their 30 year hiatus. Plus his injury record is not good recently either.

There was no plan all along if he is the answer, on loan... meh... but as a permanent signing.... really...... what future are we building? Martial isn't even the man long-term and nor is ****** King.
Obviously there was no plan because unless Ole had a crystal ball and knew Rashford was gonna get injured then. If we can get king on a loan or a cheap fee then what’s the problem. He can play anywhere up top would be on low wages. And would be happy to not start most weeks.

Why are people complaining about a STR coming in for literally 6 months to help us out till the end of the season?

If we're buying him which is what has been reported, then it's not 6 months is it? A loan would be. We're not paying £27m+ to let go of him again in 6 months lol.

If we're buying him which is what has been reported, then it's not 6 months is it? A loan would be. We're not paying £27m+ to let go of him again in 6 months lol.
We have enquires about both options actually. Anyway whatever. Keep complaining about not signing anyone then keep complaining when we get linked to anyone. Classic Zz ??

We have enquires about both options actually. Anyway whatever. Keep complaining about not signing anyone then keep complaining when we get linked to anyone. Classic Zz ??

So you think I should be happy with anyone? A club with the amount of scouts we have and we come up with Josh King on deadline day..... if it doesn't scream anything other than incompetence, then you're in cuckoo land! Most sane fans think the same anyway.... I've read loads of people not happy with King and this leaving things until deadline day once again.

Joshua King has a whopping 3 league goals this season so far..... :LOL:

Last edited:
10:08
Not signing a forward
How much of a blow would that be for United?

-------------

This is why Ole is seen as a yes man and why he needs to go before long, how can he seriously say that he is happy with what he has? He has one ****** striker available...... Greenwood is just a kid who isn't ready.

With all that's happened with Woodward's house, I think he's just trying to shield him from criticism. If he came out and said "I'm not happy with these player, I need a striker", fans will probably be livid

With all that's happened with Woodward's house, I think he's just trying to shield him from criticism. If he came out and said "I'm not happy with these player, I need a striker", fans will probably be livid

Yeah see what your saying mate, but it's rather infuriating as a fan when he tries to cover that he's happy with his strikers, when two days ago he said he wasn't.

So you think I should be happy with anyone? A club with the amount of scouts we have and we come up with Josh King on deadline day..... if it doesn't scream anything other than incompetence, then you're in cuckoo land! Most sane fans think the same anyway.... I've read loads of people not happy with King and this leaving things until deadline day once again.

Joshua King has a whopping 3 league goals this season so far..... :LOL:
Come on then name all these players available that would come in a play a number of positions and provide some experience while be happy to be on the bench more often than not.

Come on then name all these players available that would come in a play a number of positions and provide some experience while be happy to be on the bench more often than not.

Maybe we want different things, I thought that we needed a striker equally for now and the years to come. I'm not convinced by Martial as our main man and think we need someone better sooner rather than later, I don't really think King is that guy.

Maybe we want different things, I thought that we needed a striker equally for now and the years to come. I'm not convinced by Martial as our main man and think we need someone better sooner rather than later, I don't really think King is that guy.
I don’t think we want different things mate tbh. But we ain’t getting that so called STR now to be our No1 for years to come.

I’m not 100% sold on Martial either even though he’s been great when had the service especially early on this season.

King either on loan or a transfer would provide good cover in a number of attacking positions for our wafer thin attack without needing the adaption time for the league. He’s not even old just turned 28. And apart from this hamstring injury his record ain’t that bad. Far better than Martial who I’m sure will get a knock soon.

In no way would this be my first or even 5 choice lol. But it would not be a bad transfer either. It’s weird how he has a good gl record for Norway compared to Bournemouth. Maybe a player or system thing.

I don’t think we want different things mate tbh. But we ain’t getting that so called STR now to be our No1 for years to come.

I’m not 100% sold on Martial either even though he’s been great when had the service especially early on this season.

King either on loan or a transfer would provide good cover in a number of attacking positions for our wafer thin attack without needing the adaption time for the league. He’s not even old just turned 28. And apart from this hamstring injury his record ain’t that bad. Far better than Martial who I’m sure will get a knock soon.

In no way would this be my first or even 5 choice lol. But it would not be a bad transfer either. It’s weird how he has a good gl record for Norway compared to Bournemouth. Maybe a player or system thing.

Lets see Martial has an opportunity to impress now with Fernandes here... see if he can do better in the remaining months of this season!

The club (business) is worth billions. The differnce between playing in the Europa League and the Champions League is 10's of millions plus sponsorships. Even more when Adidas pull funds. So what they haggled for is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Especially when it turns out he's supposed to be on 70k a week when almost anyone would have thought at least 150k after what we have been paying **** players recently. The wages alone have save millions a year on expectation. The club behind the scenes is a shambles. The few million we have haggled for Bruno will be made up next season when Ed signs our new official Chinese bog roll sponsor. Its a joke.

If we are haggling that much for a few million then its down to the Glazers and what they will allow us to spend. We have one of the highest turnovers/profit in world football so we should be able to match any club in the world for spending. We cant because of the money the Glazers take out. 2 summers ago promoted Fulham outspent us on net spend. How? The reason we are haggling now is because we had to pay for Maguire upfront rather than spread it out. But after selling Lukaku our net spend was still **** all compared to the rest of the top teams. So where is the money? Even adding the upfront Bruno fee on to the summer spend its still not as much as some clubs spent in the summer. Now we are scraping about for a loan striker. Its embarrasing. All down to the Glazers lining their pockets.
Talking about grand scheme, almost every transfer influences the next one. They potentially saved millions and millions of dollars for not accepting the offer. That way they've shown improvement over some other overpayed players like Di Maria, Lukaku or Maguire. They've sent a message how strong United negotiating is. Thats from business perspective .
From football perspective, I agree with you. Bruno should have been signed in first week of January to give him more time to adapt ( or get injured, ya know, the United way© ). Unfortunately, Glazers have shown many, many times that they think Manchester United is a business and nothing else .