The Manchester United Thread

One would think. But then if you're a floppy-haired buffoon (polite me) running the Country .....

What's totally mad as regards you guys, and just bonkers in itself is Cheltenham. The potential risk to you is opening yourselves up to more bringing it back across the water there ...... It beggars belief to me how Country's put some preventative measures in place and then completely neglect other things.
Still baffled how Cheltenham went on!

Here in Slovakia everything was normal couple days ago. Now, there's panic everywhere. People are wearing masks, gloves and streets and empty. You can only find people in markets. Funny thing is, Slovaks don't have habit of eating a lot of bread ( at least if you compare them to us from Balkan) and you can't find it anymore in markets. You can still find freshly baked ones ( but they are so awful and take like ****), but none of the stuff that has longer expiry date. Also people are stockpiling on flower and vegetable oil. Its nuts.

The thing I don't get is... with this likely ban of all mass gatherings...... how can we do that for 2 years? I think there is some over-reaction, not trying to say that this virus isn't serious, but by all accounts unless your elderly the survival rate is fine and it's just a bad flu in the worst scenario.

I think everyone is panicking for sure but it feels like an over-reaction.... condolences to all those who have died and contracted this virus. But banning all gatherings for 2 years is madness to me... we're going to shut down the world for 2 years over a worst case scenario for most: bad flu.

Yes ban big events for now.... but 2 years.... come on. We're going to never live a normal life if we react like this. It's not the black plague for god sake. The media has over-hyped it to a degree which doesn't help. Scared everyone shitless.

The thing I don't get is... with this likely ban of all mass gatherings...... how can we do that for 2 years? I think there is some over-reaction, not trying to say that this virus isn't serious, but by all accounts unless your elderly the survival rate is fine and it's just a bad flu in the worst scenario.

I think everyone is panicking for sure but it feels like an over-reaction.... condolences to all those who have died and contracted this virus. But banning all gatherings for 2 years is madness to me... we're going to shut down the world for 2 years over a worst case scenario for most: bad flu.

Yes ban big events for now.... but 2 years.... come on. We're going to never live a normal life if we react like this. It's not the black plague for god sake. The media has over-hyped it to a degree which doesn't help. Scared everyone shitless.
2 years. Where’s that been confirmed?

2 years. Where’s that been confirmed?

Next week ministers are going to introduce legislation that could ban mass gatherings of over 500 people for up to 2 years. It's on Sky News, so not official yet but the way we're going wouldn't rule it out.This governments a joke, they don't have a clue how to handle this.

I've friends in the medical profession telling me that the Governments measured approach is proportional to when it's expected to peek here and a slow phasing is better than too many changes to our lives too soon which would cause chaos to the NHS.

But then that's flying totally against what most other Countries are doing and all seems really lax to me.

Probably different for you since you're an island. You can easily shut down the country to the outside world if there's a need. For us the #1 problem is suddenly having to secure 3500 kilometers of land border.

MEN reporting that Newcastle seriously want Phil Jones in the Summer and Utd will listen to offers around the 12-15m mark. Also saying Ighalo club will let him leave for around 16m

Pogba about to have his extension triggered before signing a new long term contract says Ramano and various others.

So the two clubs combined have donated Lingards weekly wages, Jesus wept at this generosity.