The Manchester United Thread

Solskjaer on Ighalo: "We will have to rotate with all the games, He's one that could start, we've not made a decision yet." #mufc

Solskjaer on Pogba possibly training with #mufc squad soon: 'He's not anywhere near that yet.' #mufc

Solskjær on if Rashford will play again this season: "It'll be touch and go. It takes time. I was hoping that he would recover quicker than it actually looks like he will. He'll be out for another few months, definitely." #mulive

On back three
You want a couple of ways of playing. A United team normally don’t play back three we have done for a few games and with the players we have fit it’s been a good option in a few games. Plenty of midfielders who can do that position and attacking midfielder and we have centre backs fitter.

Solskjaer on City ban
At the mo we are talking about this tournament we dream about winning this tournament. We have to improve and get better and be consistent if we get results we have a chance.

On Aaron Wan-Bissaka
What have you been working on with him?
We have been working on patterns and movement and relationship with strikers. The strikers need to get in the box, fill the box with more players we’ve not had too many numbers in the box. Aaron has provided a few nice assists now he has a big part to play. When you’re at United as a full back you do have to provide assists.
He’s one of the best one v one defenders I’ve ever seen.

What do you guys think of a Maguire and Eric Bailly partnership moving forward? I thought he was good against Chelsea but I wouldn't have him play as part of a back 3 tho.

United was lucky. Two blatant decisions went to you. VAR was supposed to bring in fairness but, dissolved goal and no red to Harry(there must be some kind for ban coming in for him)

Was that the Polish clown who took charge in Madrid the day after?

What do you guys think of a Maguire and Eric Bailly partnership moving forward? I thought he was good against Chelsea but I wouldn't have him play as part of a back 3 tho.
Better than Linderlof imo if he can stay fit. Better defender, Stronger, Faster, good with ball. Not great in the air but will put his head there no matter what. Better partner for Maguire weaknesses

I love the reaction when Jamie didn't select Giggs :ROFLMAO:

Haha, this is great. Carragher is trying to reason and make arguments, Keane is having none of it and he just wants every United player in. I was laughing the whole 15 minutes.

You can see why Roy was so respected, 20 years gone by and he's still acting like the captain and defends his mates.

What a character.

Last edited:
Better than Linderlof imo if he can stay fit. Better defender, Stronger, Faster, good with ball. Not great in the air but will put his head there no matter what. Better partner for Maguire weaknesses

I agree. I feel Lindelof and Maguire are too similar. Neither really like to get overly physical nor show much aggression. They're both good with the ball at their feet and bring this calming influence to the back. I feel we need a stopper to compliment either player.

Eric Bailly is the wild card here but will he stay fit? Will we get the Eric Bailly of 2017/2018? You can see how he covered up for Maguire lack of pace at times vs Chelsea (that last ditch block vs Kovacic). He's not particularly convincing with his foot nor the air so I think this is where Maguire would compliment Bailly so it has the potential to be a good partnership.

If you ask me, The Eric Bailly of 2017/2018 > Maguire. ?

Off topic but I wonder why no one gives Barcelona any sort of criticism for their recruitment over the last 5 years. For all of Ed Woodward's incompetence and scattergun in the transfer market, I can say Barcelona's recruitment makes him look like Monchi. Their squad is just horribly unbalanced after splurging quite a bit of money.

They're destined for such a downward spiral once Messi leaves/retire

@Legend Incredible

I'm not sure if you can blame the board. Barca basically became FC Messi lately. Leo and his La Masia cronies seem to pick the coaches, they have say in the transfers, tactics have to build around him because he doesn't run. Modern football is all about the team and even Messi isn't good enough (anymore) to have this kind of leeway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barca actually has an upward spiral once he retires and frees enough wages to buy 4-5 world class players and managers can finally start using sensible tactics instead of building it all around the king to the detriment of the team.

@Legend Incredible

I'm not sure if you can blame the board. Barca basically became FC Messi lately. Leo and his La Masia cronies seem to pick the coaches, they have say in the transfers, tactics have to build around him because he doesn't run. Modern football is all about the team and even Messi isn't good enough (anymore) to have this kind of leeway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barca actually has an upward spiral once he retires and frees enough wages to buy 4-5 world class players and managers can finally start using sensible tactics instead of building it all around the king to the detriment of the team.
Alternatively they will go and resign Neymar and have the same problems...

Genuine question, when was the last time we scored a well worked team goal under Ole? It's nearly always something out of nothing or one player creating something out of nothing. They all count but there is nothing of any meaningful substance football wise to suggest what we are building.

I really don't get this 5 at the back formation either, I mean sure it works to a degree against bigger teams defensively but totally pointless against lesser sides if you ask me. Negates any of our limited attack we already have.

Meh, don't even know anymore, Ole gets results in big games but everything else leaves a lot to be desired for me. Is that all his fault? Would it improve with a few more signings against lesser teams? I'm convinced we'll have similar problems next season, against "lesser" teams anyway. Which is 90% of our games on paper, that's the issue. You need a concrete way of breaking these teams down.