The Manchester United Thread

Jude Bellingham has been given a tour of the Manchester United training ground ahead of a possible summer move. He was driven into Carrington by his parents on Monday morning and left in the afternoon. [men] #MUFC

Jude Bellingham and his parents leaving Carrington shortly before Ed Woodward and Matt Judge. [sun] #MUFC
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Ole has told Norwegian TV2 that United are working to look a couple of transfer windows ahead now. Still wants to be able to jump on it if certain signings become available. Will be interesting to see if anything is in place come summer.

Solskjær: "We can't just react in May and then say 'we need to do something'. But then there's suddenly players who become available to sign, so you still have to be ready for something to happen quickly." [tv2]

Solskjaer is doing everything right at the moment, he literally has convinced me to give him another season and forget Poch. I hope I don't eat these words and we suddenly drop off a cliff, we may not even get CL this season. But he has the club at heart, he is tactically astute enough to compete with the best games, - his record against Pep is great and proves that. The only thing we lack is the winning mentality in smaller games but even that I'm confident will continue to improve with Fernandes now.

Off the pitch he is building the right atmosphere and these players are fighting for this shirt and manager like they never really did before. It's a much better atmosphere all around that team and I actually trust that most to them will give it all.

Solskjaer is clearly trying to build something and before I couldn't see really any signs of it becoming something. Now I can, I really need to apologise though because I did rush the process earlier in the season when we lost to Newcastle, I really didn't see this turn around and this working.

There is a togetherness with this squad and a mentality that was never there under Mourinho, LVG or even Moyes for me. Something feels different right now, there is a bit of a buzz.

Last edited:
I agree with zz 100%. Extend Ole for LIFE!!!!! ;)

In other news, it appears the LASK game will be behind closed doors Thursday after the Austrian Health Minister closing everything down.

Needs an official confirmation ASAP to save anyone travelling and risking getting locked down there. Flights are refundable so just a case of whether you've booked a refundable hotel or not.

The quarter-finals of Europe will surely all be played behind closed doors. Still can't get my head around how lax we're being to this in this Country?

I agree with zz 100%. Extend Ole for LIFE!!!!! ;)

In other news, it appears the LASK game will be behind closed doors Thursday after the Austrian Health Minister closing everything down.

Needs an official confirmation ASAP to save anyone travelling and risking getting locked down there. Flights are refundable so just a case of whether you've booked a refundable hotel or not.

The quarter-finals of Europe will surely all be played behind closed doors. Still can't get my head around how lax we're being to this in this Country?
Yeah need confirmation ASAP as I read this morning that about 1200 fans are due to travel.

Solskjaer is doing everything right at the moment, he literally has convinced me to give him another season and forget Poch. I hope I don't eat these words and we suddenly drop off a cliff, we may not even get CL this season. But he has the club at heart, he is tactically astute enough to compete with the best games, - his record against Pep is great and proves that. The only thing we lack is the winning mentality in smaller games but even that I'm confident will continue to improve with Fernandes now.

Off the pitch he is building the right atmosphere and these players are fighting for this shirt and manager like they never really did before. It's a much better atmosphere all around that team and I actually trust that most to them will give it all.

Solskjaer is clearly trying to build something and before I couldn't see really any signs of it becoming something. Now I can, I really need to apologise though because I did rush the process earlier in the season when we lost to Newcastle, I really didn't see this turn around and this working.

There is a togetherness with this squad and a mentality that was never there under Mourinho, LVG or even Moyes for me. Something feels different right now, there is a bit of a buzz.
Can’t blame anyone for doubting him tbh considerering the results and some performances. But despite that I could still see what he was doing both on and off the pitch. Was just gonna take time and most importantly and obviously get players fit again and get better signings in and give the team time to gel. The great thing is apart from what you have stated is that despite all this we are still missing arguably our 2 best players.

3 quality signings in the summer Sancho, Grealish a DM mixed with a couple of good young squad players coming in and can’t be anything other than positive for next season.

In Europe, looks like Munich- Chelsea has gone now too. Bringing the CL total to 5 games behind closed doors the next 2 weeks. And the Olympiacos- Wolves game, which was already behind closed doors, is in big doubt with all the Olympiacos team/ staff at the hospital being checked out.

La Liga is the latest to pull fans from attending games for the next two weeks at least too. That's Austria, France, Greece, Italy and now Spain.

Only a matter of time before everything goes here.

Last edited:
Big advantage for us on Thursday now. It won’t seem like home advantage to LASK now and without there crowd they will be flat as ****. Can see an easyish win now.

Big advantage for us on Thursday now. It won’t seem like home advantage to LASK now and without there crowd they will be flat as ****. Can see an easyish win now.

In the interests of fairness, they should make both games in any Europa ties, with this being the first legs, behind closed doors if one has to go.

They'll have to have a blanket ruling to do that for the next round regardless. (Can't see anything other than all fans being banned from the quarter-finals at least the worse this gets.). You couldn't even make it home fans only here as that wouldn't stop people travelling.

Unprecedented and real scary times.

Last edited:
Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. It was approximately this time last year when we went on that purple patch under OGS before everything unfolded.

My opinion of him remains unchanged. People will bring up his big game record but didn't LVG have a terrific big game record as well? It has less to do with his tactical acumen and more to do with the way he sets up his teams. it's easy to sit back and pick teams apart on the break that will give us that space but it's breaking buses consistently is where top coaches really earn their money and OGS has failed in that regard. Look at the Everton game for example: for all the possession we had in and around the box in the first half, we didn't really create a lot. We created a decent amount but if you compare the chance creation with how Chelsea fared a few days ago, it's miles apart. Obviously, the Bruno Fernandes signing seems to have sparked this bounce but how long will it last?

7 of our last 9 games feature teams in the bottom half. With the number of points we drop to the lesser teams, it won't shock me if we ended up just drawing 5-6 of our last games. He still needs to prove he can pick up results vs bottom feeders much more consistently before we stupidly (as it stands) pass on the chance to sign Poch.

Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. It was approximately this time last year when we went on that purple patch under OGS before everything unfolded.

My opinion of him remains unchanged. People will bring up his big game record but didn't LVG have a terrific big game record as well? It has less to do with his tactical acumen and more to do with the way he sets up his teams. it's easy to sit back and pick teams apart on the break that will give us that space but it's breaking buses consistently is where top coaches really earn their money and OGS has failed in that regard. Look at the Everton game for example: for all the possession we had in and around the box in the first half, we didn't really create a lot. We created a decent amount but if you compare the chance creation with how Chelsea fared a few days ago, it's miles apart. Obviously, the Bruno Fernandes signing seems to have sparked this bounce but how long will it last?

7 of our last 9 games feature teams in the bottom half. With the number of points we drop to the lesser teams, it won't shock me if we ended up just drawing 5-6 of our last games. He still needs to prove he can pick up results vs bottom feeders much more consistently before we stupidly (as it stands) pass on the chance to sign Poch.
LVG had a good record against the big six but nowhere near as good as Oles tbh. Bruno has definitely helped but it’s not rocket science lol. Get better creative players you start to win games. Plus we have played some pretty average teams lately and still managed to put them away with ease. We created more than enough changes to beat Everton and baring the DDG howler it would of been a deserved victory all things considered.

To me this has a different feel to his first purple patch we’re it was more a new manager bounce. We have a better team in terms of fitness, togetherness etc. Our pressing and defensive game is miles ahead this season as a unit. We can actually see patterns of play in our attacks and creativity in our set pieces at times.

LVG had a good record against the big six but nowhere near as good as Oles tbh. Bruno has definitely helped but it’s not rocket science lol. Get better creative players you start to win games. Plus we have played some pretty average teams lately and still managed to put them away with ease. We created more than enough changes to beat Everton and baring the DDG howler it would of been a deserved victory all things considered.

To me this has a different feel to his first purple patch we’re it was more a new manager bounce. We have a better team in terms of fitness, togetherness etc. Our pressing and defensive game is miles ahead this season as a unit. We can actually see patterns of play in our attacks and creativity in our set pieces at times.

LVG beat Liverpool like 4 times in a row? Also there was a top 6 h2h table that was being passed around then and u believe we actually topped that table? Of course, we were just finding any straws to clutch on that would make our mediocre season look good.

And the keyword here is consistency. We trashed Norwich City 4-0 on Jan 11th only to lose 2-0 to Burnley at home 11 days later.

And what attacking patterns do you speak off? We're relying on the brilliance of Bruno Fernandes each game. What happens when he has an off game? Or when he goes through a bad patch?

Firmino's being going through a bad patch for Liverpool since Jan but Liverpool still (for the most part) manage to win their games but having a defined attacking plan. Same thing with city.