The Manchester United Thread

Absolutely buzzing! Great performance from the lads left it all out there. Even the subs came on and did there jobs. Ighalo hold up play was top when we needed it. All that after Thursday as well. Pep is well and truly Oles ****** :)

Matic making a few people look daft! Amazing how good he is when not flogged like a donkey. Deserves his 1 yr

Tell you what I did notice in the build up how McKenna was absolutely drilling home the fine details and doing a lot of work with the back 5. His work starting to bare fruits 8 clean sheets in 10.

Sterling must have nightmares about AWB :)

Oh and I will hold my hand up and admit I was wrong RE AWB. His attacking play this last few months has come on leaps and bounds!

Just watching it again. And if our attackers could get there head up once in a while we could of scored 3 more.

Just when I think I can’t be more impressed by Mctominey he goes and does it again. Him on and off the pitch plays and acts years above his age.

And I still think Fred should be tested lol :)

Tell you what I did notice in the build up how McKenna was absolutely drilling home the fine details and doing a lot of work with the back 5. His work starting to bare fruits 8 clean sheets in 10.

It's still not up to scratch. Besides the occasional cross (the one vs Chelsea), most of his crosses don't find red shirts. One defender I will praise is Maguire. Since that goal vs Chelsea, I feel his form has been imperious.

It's still not up to scratch. Besides the occasional cross (the one vs Chelsea), most of his crosses don't find red shirts. One defender I will praise is Maguire. Since that goal vs Chelsea, I feel his form has been imperious.
Not up to scratch but it’s night and day from the first half of the season. His beating his man and his crossing is definitely improving.

Just watching it again. And if our attackers could get there head up once in a while we could of scored 3 more.
We really need a starting winger in the summer to replace James. A more experienced player in them positions would have had us 4-0 up. Thats the only negative today. Thats where we miss Rashford in them positions. If only we had a player with James's pace and Mata's brain on the right. I was worried towards the end with the subs. City was there for the taking on the counter but took Martial off (our only striker) and went defensive. At that point James was redundent in the team because we didnt need his pace from then on coz that wasnt the game plan. Then bring on Ighalo for the best player to get the ball and keep it and play the right passes. Taking off Martial earlier and leaving no strikers was a clear defensive intent. Then bringing on Ighalo to be a presence and hold the ball up made James even more redendant. So why not take him off for Ighalo and leave Bruno on and have a player that can at least keep the ball or have the knowledge to see the game out? Luckily it worked out today but them subs baffled me.

On another note, ******* get in McTominay. If he was guarenteed to play every week he should be captain over Maguire IMO. His standards never drop and he's gone through the club.

We really need a starting winger in the summer to replace James. A more experienced player in them positions would have had us 4-0 up. Thats the only negative today. Thats where we miss Rashford in them positions. If only we had a player with James's pace and Mata's brain on the right. I was worried towards the end with the subs. City was there for the taking on the counter but took Martial off (our only striker) and went defensive. At that point James was redundent in the team because we didnt need his pace from then on coz that wasnt the game plan. Then bring on Ighalo for the best player to get the ball and keep it and play the right passes. Taking off Martial earlier and leaving no strikers was a clear defensive intent. Then bringing on Ighalo to be a presence and hold the ball up made James even more redendant. So why not take him off for Ighalo and leave Bruno on and have a player that can at least keep the ball or have the knowledge to see the game out? Luckily it worked out today but them subs baffled me.

On another note, ******* get in McTominay. If he was guarenteed to play every week he should be captain over Maguire IMO. His standards never drop and he's gone through the club.
3 more quality signings in the summer and will be back on track. Not saying to win the league but put us back up to somewhere close to where we wanna be.

I actually didn’t mind the subs. Martial looked absolutely shot while James was doing a fantastic job getting back. And even still had a good break on the counter after Martial went off which he’s should of squared to Bruno. He will be like our new 3 Lings Park lol in the big games like how Fergie always used him.

Ighalo has done really well for me and considering he’s not even fully fit yet. Give him a 1+1 deal imo. Spend the money elsewhere in the squad and gives Greenwood more time to come through. Plus he’s seem to have given Martial a nudge since coming in. Who again I thought was fantastic yesterday!