The Manchester United Thread

I'm not as confident as I was before last night that we will get in to top 4, I just feel we've had so many chances at this point.... is there another sting in the tale?

Needless to say every game is like a cup final at this point for both us and Leicester. Fully expect Chelsea to win tonight against Norwich obviously...

I’m still just as confident as I was before last night. Saints was always going to be a banana skin due to form and there style of play. We have 2 park the bus games now before Leicester which I don’t even think will matter by then. We will have it sewn up by then. Just need to get the correct recovery in.

Just seen that both Shaw and Williams both drove into Carrington this morning. Williams had no head bandage but could see were he had stitches. And seen pics of Shaw laughing with Martial. So least it looks encouraging on that side.

I'm not as confident as I was before last night that we will get in to top 4, I just feel we've had so many chances at this point.... is there another sting in the tale?

Needless to say every game is like a cup final at this point for both us and Leicester. Fully expect Chelsea to win tonight against Norwich obviously...

I def can relate as we often pass up opportunities to get into the top 4. The odds still tip kindly in our favor given Chelsea still need to go to Anfield and Molineux plus Leicester lost their best defender and still have to play Sheffield and spurs.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

Another #MUWomen signing incoming... Ivana Fuso is a Red!

She's a 19 year old German forward signed from FC Basel, and has captained the national side at various levels. Seems like a talented and strong player.

The 19-year-old joins the club following the conclusion of her contract at Swiss side FC Basel and can play in a variety of attacking positions. Fuso has also previously played for SC Freiburg in the Frauen-Bundesliga.

Fuso has represented the German national team at various age groups and is currently Under-19 captain.

Ivana Fuso said: “I’m so happy to be here, it’s a dream to sign for a club like Manchester United. Casey is a great coach and I’m looking forward to working with her and the staff, as well as meeting my new team-mates. It will be my first time playing in England, the league is very competitive and I know that being a part of this team will help me develop further as a player. I’m ready to start training and really put the hard work in ahead of the new season."

Casey Stoney said: “Ivana is a talented young attacking player with a lot of potential and I’m delighted she has signed for the club. She is an intelligent player who is fantastic in possession and will add so much to our attacking play. I’ve also been impressed with the leadership skills she possesses at such a young age and I know she will fit in well with the squad. I’d like to welcome Ivana to the team; we are all looking forward to working with her."

Our possession until Pogba came off: 65.3% Our possession after Pogba came off: 36.8% Our possession after Bruno came off: 16.2% We lost so much control with Pogba coming off and then Fernandes coming off made it worse.

Our possession until Pogba came off: 65.3% Our possession after Pogba came off: 36.8% Our possession after Bruno came off: 16.2% We lost so much control with Pogba coming off and then Fernandes coming off made it worse.

They were knackered though, Ole didn't have much choice if they have any hope for playing much against palace.

Yep and this was my worry and why I wanted more rotation and earlier subs when we had a big lead in previous matches.

Such a noticeable drop off though in quality, needs to be addressed in the summer. I love Fred and McTominay's engine/tenacity, but they are never going to change a game and Mata/Pereira are just not good enough.

So if what Ducker, Cooper and Whitehall all say is true our squad after sales/Loans and before transfers would look something like-

GKs: DDG, Romero, Grant, Henderson, Joel

FBs: AWB, TFM, Laird, Williams, Shaw

CBs: Maguire, Linderlöf, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mengi

CMs: Matic, Pogba, Fred, McTominey, Periera, Garner, Fernandes

FWDs: Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, James, Mata, Chong

So if what Ducker, Cooper and Whitehall all say is true our squad after sales/Loans and before transfers would look something like-

GKs: DDG, Romero, Grant, Henderson, Joel

FBs: AWB, TFM, Laird, Williams, Shaw

CBs: Maguire, Linderlöf, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mengi

CMs: Matic, Pogba, Fred, McTominey, Periera, Garner, Fernandes

FWDs: Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, James, Mata, Chong

Still needs quite a bit that squad to compete at any meaningful chance in coming seasons. Not convinced by quite a bit of the cover options in most areas there.

Martial: "He [Solskjær] sent me a message, he said 'do you want to take your no.9 shirt back?'. I straight up said yes! I said yes and he told me now it’s up to you to show me [that you deserve it] every time you’re on the pitch." #mulive [canal+]

Martial: "He [Solskjær] sent me a message, he said 'do you want to take your no.9 shirt back?'. I straight up said yes! I said yes and he told me now it’s up to you to show me [that you deserve it] every time you’re on the pitch." #mulive [canal+]

He has been immense recently.... gah I'm already nervous about tomorrow.... big game!!! We'll already know the Leicester result against Sheff Utd as well.... so could be more pressure if they win.

Scans have revealed Shaw only received a minor ankle injury with no serious damage against Southampton. Shaw and Williams are available for tomorrow's game against Crystal Palace #mulive [times]

That’s huge! Also seen Palace have a fair few out injured especially at the back.

He has been immense recently.... gah I'm already nervous about tomorrow.... big game!!! We'll already know the Leicester result against Sheff Utd as well.... so could be more pressure if they win.
Yeah fair play to Ole in Martials development. Consistency was his biggest issue. Now that’s sorted he’s is a genuine top class FWD. See my post just about Palace match and injuries.