The Manchester United Thread

Scans have revealed Shaw only received a minor ankle injury with no serious damage against Southampton. Shaw and Williams are available for tomorrow's game against Crystal Palace #mulive [times]

That’s huge! Also seen Palace have a fair few out injured especially at the back.

Well they are missing Cahill, Benteke got suspended as well. Tbh their form has been woeful lately and it's not like Hodgson is going to do the whole heavy metal football like Hassenhuttel did on us, which we seemed to struggle with.

However saying all that.... I just have a nervy feeling about this and I'm hoping it's just me this time. I never felt entirely comfortable about Southampton either, always felt it was going to be a tough game.

Well they are missing Cahill, Benteke got suspended as well. Tbh their form has been woeful lately and it's not like Hodgson is going to do the whole heavy metal football like Hassenhuttel did on us, which we seemed to struggle with.

However saying all that.... I just have a nervy feeling about this and I'm hoping it's just me this time. I never felt entirely comfortable about Southampton either, always felt it was going to be a tough game.
Tomkins and somebody else ruled out also but can’t remember. There form is has been like a team that knows there safe and going through the notions. Yeah that’s true there’s absolutely no way Palace are gonna do anything but sit back and soak up pressure. Win these next 2 and 3rd is our I reckon.

United confirm exit of goalkeeper
Manchester United Woman have confirmed the exit of Siobhan Chamberlain by mutual consent after cancelling her contract.
Chmaberlain made 27 appearances for the Reds.
She said:

"I've loved every minute of my time as a Manchester United player.
"After discussions with (manager) Casey Stoney, we both agreed that now was the right time for me to move on and take time to consider the next steps in my career.
"I’m proud that we as a group of players have written a chapter in this great club’s history.
“The future of this club is in great hands with Casey and I have no doubt that trophies and success are not far away.”

I don’t think we are 3 starting 11 players. RW and could argue CB. Get that RW sorted and 2 quality squad players and we won’t be far away
Matic can't play every game so I believe a holding mid is also essential.

Apart from that, our depth in attacking areas is dreadful. If you want to be challenging for the bpl, you need to anticipate worst case scenarios throughout the season like what if Martial and Bruno both get injured? Who's replacing them? Quality in depth is huge mate.

Matic can't play every game so I believe a holding mid is also essential.

Apart from that, our depth in attacking areas is dreadful. If you want to be challenging for the bpl, you need to anticipate worst case scenarios throughout the season like what if Martial and Bruno both get injured? Who's replacing them? Quality in depth is huge mate.
That’s what I’m saying mate. Just for conversations sake. We get Sancho to complete our starting 11. Then add to that say a Grealish and a VDB. Our attacking options for the season would be Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Grealish, Fernandes, VDB, Ighalo, Mata, James, Chong. That’s a ridiculous amount of attacking quality and depth for a season matched by no one bar except City I would say.

Only CB is a concern for me next season. Not necessarily due to quality but the fitness of Bailly and Tuanzebe.

I’m not saying we would win the league but I bet there would be a big improvement again In the right direction and City and Pool wouldn’t be as far ahead of us either not by such a huge gap.

Last edited:
I don’t think we are 3 starting 11 players. RW and could argue CB. Get that RW sorted and 2 quality squad players and we won’t be far away

I was going to ask how you feel that would remotely close a 34 point gap. But then I remembered if Utd win out, they'll have increased last seasons points tally by a whopping 2 points,

So I feel yer. That's progress, right?

I was going to ask how you feel that would remotely close a 34 point gap. But then I remembered if Utd win out, they'll have increased last seasons points tally by a whopping 2 points,

No the progress is having an actual quality creative mid in Bruno, not relying on Lingard to feed the attack and starting the next season like we have ended the second half of this one. Since we signed Bruno there seems to be a lot of progress, but I will halt saying too much because.... we could still mess this season up.

Not that I'm saying we'll challenge for title as I don't think we will.... but summer will shape what happens for most teams.

It wouldn’t even be 34 points if Pogba hadn’t missed pretty much all season, Rashford and Martial 4 months each. And we actually had signed Fernandes from the start like we should of done.

Will find out soon enough as the new season will soon come round.

So I always do wonder what could've been had we signed Bruno Fernandes in the summer transfer window. Perhaps he would've helped convert a lot of those draws to wins? Hypothetical at best ik but maybe, just maybe due to those circumstances, you can't really base the "progress" on the cumulative points tally this season .

So I always do wonder what could've been had we signed Bruno Fernandes in the summer transfer window. Perhaps he would've helped convert a lot of those draws to wins? Hypothetical at best ik but maybe, just maybe due to those circumstances, you can't really base the "progress" on the cumulative points tally this season .

And maybe Pogba wouldn't have been "injured" for half the season either, coz from the outisde it looked like he just couldnt be arsed to play and faked injury. Now he looks happy with Bruno. Probably because for once the onus isnt all on Pogba to be everywhere on the pitch all at the same time.

Not sure how Liverpool lost that game to arsenal lol
Easy they scored less goals ;) Seriously however, they look to be on a typical post winners slump. The hard work is done now they relax especially now they have nothing to chase after all they are out of European Competition and out of the FA Cup. It happens all the time and not just to teams who have won the league or promotion you see teams who manage avoid relegation have slumps towards the end of a season.

Easy they scored less goals ;) Seriously however, they look to be on a typical post winners slump. The hard work is done now they relax especially now they have nothing to chase after all they are out of European Competition and out of the FA Cup. It happens all the time and not just to teams who have won the league or promotion you see teams who manage avoid relegation have slumps towards the end of a season.
With such a short turn around before the new season they best hope it doesn’t carry over into early next season.

Pretty much. Frustrating as you wanted them to break every record going when they've been this historically good but it's just natural to ease up mentally. Doesn't sound, like City, that they they were poor either. Just one of them where you're mentally too relaxed. You pity Arsenal though when L'pool slack off mentally yet still totally dominate a game to the extent they did.

The gap between the top 2 and the rest is schismatic. And Arsenal aren't even in the bracket of the 'rest' any more. They're Everton mid-table obscure.