The Manchester United Thread

Would defo make some changes. Mata for Greenwood with his ankle being swollen and the fact Palace will sit deep plus him and Fernandes have linked up very well. Would start Williams over Shaw give him this game and the FA cup game off to get ready for the 2 huge prem games next week don’t want to be aggravating his ankle. And rest Matic for Fred or McTominey.

Pretty much. Frustrating as you wanted them to break every record going when they've been this historically good but it's just natural to ease up mentally. Doesn't sound, like City, that they they were poor either. Just one of them where you're mentally too relaxed. You pity Arsenal though when L'pool slack off mentally yet still totally dominate a game to the extent they did.

The gap between the top 2 and the rest is schismatic. And Arsenal aren't even in the bracket of the 'rest' any more. They're Everton mid-table obscure.

It's funny as I thought Aston Villa gave Liverpool a better game (they lost but Liverpool didn't look as comfortable)

Would defo make some changes. Mata for Greenwood with his ankle being swollen and the fact Palace will sit deep plus him and Fernandes have linked up very well. Would start Williams over Shaw give him this game and the FA cup game off to get ready for the 2 huge prem games next week don’t want to be aggravating his ankle. And rest Matic for Fred or McTominey.

Mata? No thanks, i'd rather give James a go and keep the same shape.

This is the problem with United right now, pedigree chum depth... Mata is finished and has been for ages, why we kid ourselves still I'll never know. He's about as much use as Fred The Red now.

But ultimately, he can play whoever, just ****** win!

I would play Mata any time of James tonight. Have people not watched the games when we was losing or drawing to teams like this earlier on. James is absolutely useless against teams that are gonna park the bus.

I would play Mata any time of James tonight. Have people not watched the games when we was losing or drawing to teams like this earlier on. James is absolutely useless against teams that are gonna park the bus.

Mata offers absolutely nothing except his lovable personality. i'd even rather just play rashford, martial and igalho over the likes of Mata and lingard.

Mata offers absolutely nothing except his lovable personality. i'd even rather just play rashford, martial and igalho over the likes of Mata and lingard.
Mata is the only player on the bench who can pick a pass and is on the same wavelength as Fernandes in terms of being an actual footballer. Yes Mata ain’t getting any younger but he still has quality in an around the box. He’s been very good when playing in the cup comps this season and especially in the Europa league.

Mata is the only player on the bench who can pick a pass and is on the same wavelength as Fernandes in terms of being an actual footballer. Yes Mata ain’t getting any younger but he still has quality in an around the box. He’s been very good when playing in the cup comps this season and especially in the Europa league.

This isn't some farming team from Romania and he was awful against Norwich like the rest of the B team. There's a real issue if we have to start Mata all because an 18 year old is missing. I do agree he can still pick out a pass.

This isn't some farming team from Romania and he was awful against Norwich like the rest of the B team. There's a real issue if we have to start Mata all because an 18 year old is missing.
Be careful what you post! My wife’s from Romania *****!

Just listened to this. Never thought CL would be a deal breaker.

Raphael Honigstein: “The deal to bring Jadon Sancho does not hinge on whether #mufc qualify for next season’s Champions league. The player has made it clear he wants the move.” #udlatest [@honigstein, United District Podcast]

Just listened to this. Never thought CL would be a deal breaker.

Raphael Honigstein: “The deal to bring Jadon Sancho does not hinge on whether #mufc qualify for next season’s Champions league. The player has made it clear he wants the move.” #udlatest [@honigstein, United District Podcast]

What about on our end though? Would we still be willing without the money CL shall bring to do a deal this big considering the current situation and everything else?

What about on our end though? Would we still be willing without the money CL shall bring to do a deal this big considering the current situation and everything else?
Nearly everyone has said CL wouldn’t be a deal breaker either way. But could make a difference in getting 1 player or 3. Most likely why Ole will clear out some more players.

Still play Greewood if injury is an issue :/? Understood that he has problems after that challenge against SOU.

What an awful first half but I'm glad we have the lead at least. Christ, any win will do at this point of the season given fatigue is starting to take a toll on the players

Dire sluggish half. Half the team looks knackered especially Fernandes. The couple of times we have upped it we looked dangerous and scored. Great finish by Rashford