The Manchester United Thread

Of coarse they have a choice to sell him or not. And yes Utd can definitely f***k up this deal and walk away. But we ain’t there yet.

Borussia Dortmund will cash in on Jadon Sancho if #mufc meet their £108m asking price. #udlatest [@TelegraphDucker]

Last edited:
Watching the RBL x Atleti game, Upamecano is just too good. We probably don't have the financial muscle to pursuit him right now, but he should be a long term target. A CB for a whole decade.

Also, Nagelsmann is an elite manager. Only 33 years old.

People are oozing over Upemacano but I think our real focus should be Sabitzer. Rather than going after this wild goose chase with Sancho, why not go for Marcel Sabitzer?

Tell yer a super right-winger prospect under the right coaching ...... Sarr at Watford who we are very interested in for the right price.

We have the best defence in Europe and no one player caused us more problems last season. BOTH games. Raw but he matured more and more to the PL the longer last season rolled. As exemplified by his wonderful little **** finish over Alisson our first defeat of the year at Watford. Rapid. Tricky as F who beats his man with ease. Can play right across the front three. (He was great in France off the left and now he's the same off the right at Watford.).

No surprise that his Senegal compadre Mane is his idol as his game smacks a lot of Sadio's.

Last edited:
Tell yer a super right-winger prospect under the right coaching ...... Sarr at Watford who we are very interested in for the right price.

We have the best defence in Europe and no one player caused us more problems last season. BOTH games. Raw but he matured more and more to the PL the longer last season rolled. As exemplified by his wonderful little **** finish over Alisson our first defeat of the year at Watford. Rapid. Tricky as F who beats his man with ease. Can play right across the front three. (He was great in France off the left and now he's the same off the right at Watford.).

No surprise that his Senegal compadre Mane is his idol as his game smacks a lot of Sadio's.

I do see some similarities with Sarr and Mane tbh. He's still needs to work on some mental areas of his game including his decision making/positioning so he's more of a "potential" diamond in the rough.

cos we dont have a plan when it comes to buying any 1 with ed the clown

That's just been our MO post Fergie. Buy/go after the jugular signings when we could make smarter, less costly signings. Sancho is obviously everyone's choice, touted as the next big thing and Dortmund feel comfortable slapping an insane amount on him.

Don't get me wrong, Sancho would be a great signing but Sabitzer would be a smart one: he's 26, more consistent end product and most importantly, wouldn't cost us more than £45 million

..... Don't get me wrong, Sancho would be a great signing .....

In ANY other window at ANY other time he would mate. And as much as this would be the perfect time for Utd to have a free run at a player like Sancho, we aren't in 'any' other time. We don't have a clue if we'll get through next season even as I type with the probability of a second wave here quite possibly shutting down everything again for months and sending everyone back into a long lockdown. With most every club, your own included, absolutely **** scared of the immediate future with the massive loses they're all suffering now. Whilst still having to function and meet all their financial obligations whilst their income is severely hit. Not least in player wages that have to be met whether there are games to play or not.

Hence why there's nobody remotely willing to touch BVB's price right now before you even get to a salary package.

For the first time in like forever football cubs are having to actually act like proper business' and cut there cloth accordingly in the transfer market. Coming out the other side of this on a stable footing FAR outweighs any thoughts of dropping such obscene fees to not only potentially a clubs own financial detriment in this totally uncertain climate. But moralistically given the millions whose entire livelihoods have gone to put them on the bread line like we've never before seen.

Right player. WRONG time. For everyone.

Dortmund have fallen into their perfect storm knowing that.

how is it a plan when you have the cash but we have clown who cant seem to spend it hes a joke
That’s what annoys me in all this most times. We have the money then end up haggling for weeks on end to save a couple of mil. I understand in these in presedented times tying to save a few. But Dortmund have made it clear which is fair but we have the money so if Ole wants the player just pay it! I expect it will drag on another week or 2 then if we haven’t had the usual Utd leaks trying to save face before that. I expect it to get done.

We have the Sancho money but are likely trying to get some of it in installments to be able to get 2 more players in after selling the likes of Periera, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Dalot. Sanchez gone already saving us 10s of millions.

That’s what annoys me in all this most times. We have the money then end up haggling for weeks on end to save a couple of mil. I understand in these in presedented times tying to save a few. But Dortmund have made it clear which is fair but we have the money so if Ole wants the player just pay it! I expect it will drag on another week or 2 then if we haven’t had the usual Utd leaks trying to save face before that. I expect it to get done.

We have the Sancho money but are likely trying to get some of it in installments to be able to get 2 more players in after selling the likes of Periera, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Dalot. Sanchez gone already saving us 10s of millions.

Here's what I think is happening: United are willing to pay €60 million up front with €30 million in installments and €30 million worth of Add-ons.

Dortmund don't want the Add-ons, they want a guaranteed €60 million installments guaranteed. It's like Scouse said earlier, there is a possibility of a 2nd wave of COVID in the middle of next season which would lead to another shut down which in turn would **** teams over financially. Fans underestimate how much that uncertainty affects transfer dealings.

Fair to say Dortmund would be the main beneficiaries of these uncertain times. They are stable financially so they wouldn't need to sell. If they sell, it's going to be on their own terms. Unless Sancho decides go AWOL (don't see this happening), I don't see a deal being struck. Better to move on now than clutch onto straws

Also question is if you are okey with splashing that money you have on Sancho and hihgly likely that no other a bit bigger singings. Or look into 2-3 guys witht that 120mil. I have no doubts that United have 120 mil to pay straight out to Dortmnud, but i dont think they are willing to find money to splash another 50-80mil for other singings then. Even United have to think few steps foward and if prospect of 1 guy over 2-3 guys is better.

Here's what I think is happening: United are willing to pay €60 million up front with €30 million in installments and €30 million worth of Add-ons.

Dortmund don't want the Add-ons, they want a guaranteed €60 million installments guaranteed. It's like Scouse said earlier, there is a possibility of a 2nd wave of COVID in the middle of next season which would lead to another shut down which in turn would **** teams over financially. Fans underestimate how much that uncertainty affects transfer dealings.

Fair to say Dortmund would be the main beneficiaries of these uncertain times. They are stable financially so they wouldn't need to sell. If they sell, it's going to be on their own terms. Unless Sancho decides go AWOL (don't see this happening), I don't see a deal being struck. Better to move on now than clutch onto straws

I think that’s probably as close to where things actually are as there is.

Utd, like everyone else, just don’t have that kind of ridiculous money to spend up front given revenues have been massively hit already with complete uncertainty going forward as to how much worse it could get.

We’re seeing the same with folk narking all over that L’pool ‘didn’t spend last summer/ have just gotten (Albeit reduced) £170 million from PL prize/ TV money and another 79 from the CL/ the Nike deal (forget that won’t really kick in until next summer in terms of when we see the financial windfall) et al.’ So why aren’t we outright buying Werner/ Sancho/ Thiago/ insert other big name player you can think of?

All said with absolutely no thought to the way COVID has changed everything and the massive revenue drops already (the clubs estimated to be losing over a million every home game and down a £100 million or so upto now all told through the pandemic) ,whilst everything else like 400 odd employers from the players on down still having to be paid regardless every month.

Last edited: