The Manchester United Thread

If Manchester United can't beat Sevilla then I'll be bitterly disappointed and questioning where we are even at as a team. Look I understand we'll need to play well, but on paper we are clearly the better side. They do not have the same stars of the past like Reyes, Krychowiak, Rakitic, etc etc. it's exactly the type of game that suits us as well, it won't be a Wolves park the bus opponent with no space behind for our attackers to exploit.
i would say a bit unfair to make assesment purely from one game, that is knockout also. Rather look how season went, ups and downs etc.

Also Sevilla is known for master of knockout and i really would not downplay Sevilla as someone you should easily win.

Off topic, but yesterday I found out that Napoli payd 80mil for 21 year old striker at beginning of transfer window. Strange that it went silently, considering mad ammount. So clubs have money or not thinging ahead.

Really? I'd love to see the breakdown of that from an Italian club.

Is it an arl Champ Manager €10 down and the rest when he makes 150 International appearances?

i would say a bit unfair to make assesment purely from one game, that is knockout also. Rather look how season went, ups and downs etc.

Also Sevilla is known for master of knockout and i really would not downplay Sevilla as someone you should easily win.

Didn't say easily win, but I still believe we should win... I watched them last night and they didn't impress me much. Sure it will be tough though and probably 50/50 game all things considered.

Also Sevilla is known for master of knockout and i really would not downplay Sevilla as someone you should easily win. .....

I was having a similar discussion with a mate before the Copenhagen game. (Who were one boneheaded mistake <not sure how anyone doesn't think that's a stonewall penalty?> away from being exceptionally unlucky not to take it to a shoot-out.).

He was saying they were defo in the semis before the game and I was like there's NO 'defo' when it comes to straight knock-out European footie. That's the beauty of it. ANYTHING can happen on the night. (And how it should be from the start still rather than the groups but that's a whole other discussion.). And when a two-legged tie becomes a one-off game, that increases tenfold.

FWIW, I have Sevilla beating Donetsk the final and Barca beating Atletico the CL. Not that I think Barcelona are anything like a better side than City or Munich. But in one-off, winner takes all games, Messi invariably is gonna' Messi.

We should have beaten them the final in Basle 2016.

Absolutely battered them first half and had two, arguably three, stonewall pens denied that would have killed the game.

Then Alby Moreno went all Alby Moreno the start the second and they turned it around. Heck of a side they had that final. That was like their third/ fourth final in a row wasn't it? Ridiculous pedigree.

Frustrating with the decisions but that's finals. You win some. You lose some.

Off topic, but yesterday I found out that Napoli payd 80mil for 21 year old striker at beginning of transfer window. Strange that it went silently, considering mad ammount. So clubs have money or not thinging ahead.
I’ve been posting about that in the transfer thread for about a month lol. That’s why there looking at letting go Koulibaly and a few others to balance the books and basically break even.

I’ve been posting about that in the transfer thread for about a month lol. That’s why there looking at letting go Koulibaly and a few others to balance the books and basically break even.

If they can get stupid money for a 29-year-old then fair ***** to them.

Think it'd be utter madness personally for any club to pay what Napoli would demand at the back-end of his career. Regardless of the current financial climate. Which would doubtless be far higher than the rumoured €70 million starting price.

If Manchester United can't beat Sevilla then I'll be bitterly disappointed and questioning where we are even at as a team. Look I understand we'll need to play well, but on paper we are clearly the better side. They do not have the same stars of the past like Reyes, Krychowiak, Rakitic, etc etc. it's exactly the type of game that suits us as well, it won't be a Wolves park the bus opponent with no space behind for our attackers to exploit.
True but Sevilla are a different animal in the Europa league. They're like Arsenal in the FA cup

'It wouldn't be right to keep them in the Under-23s' - The Man Utd players set for loan moves

The club's Under-23s have been promoted to Premier League Two Division One but the plan is for their most promising players to play senior football
Manchester United are looking to send Under-23 stars such as James Garner, Dylan Levitt and Di’Shon Bernard out on loan next season.

The Red Devils learned last week that Neil Wood's side had been promoted to Premier League Two Division One. It was agreed that the 2019-20 campaign curtailed by the coronavirus outbreak would be decided on a points-per-game basis, resulting in a second-placed finish for United.

However, Wood believes that the likes of Garner, Levitt, Bernard and Matej Kovar – all of whom have attracted interest from Championship and League One sides – would be better served by regular game time at senior level.

"I think if they’re not going to be around the first team, then the natural next step is to go out on loan, so they can show how good they are,” Wood told Goal.

"It wouldn’t be right to keep them in the 23s for another season just to bolster the squad, or because we’ve gone up a league and we’ll be playing tougher opposition. It wouldn’t make sense to hold them back in their careers.

"At the minute, Jimmy (Garner) is training with the first team, Teden (Mengi) and Ethan (Laird) are there too, while we’ve also got Dylan Levitt, who is a very good player and ready to go out on loan.

"It's the same story with Di’Shon Bernard, who is ready for a tougher test. So, what we want for them is to go and play once or twice a week in a professional environment, where there's pressure to perform and it’s down to them to deliver.

"They’re confident and I think they'd do well, so there’s every chance they could come back and have a big impact at this club.”

The U23s returned to training a couple of weeks ago and the group currently consists not only of those likely to go out on loan and others who have already been released (but are allowed to keep on training with United until they find a new club), but also a number of exciting players from the U18s.

It's an odd mix but Wood has been pleased with the work they've done so far and is now looking forward to testing the young newcomers to his squad in upcoming friendlies against Macclesfield Town, Doncaster and Morecambe.

“We’re going to be pretty much an U19s squad next season and it’s going to be hard on them," Wood admitted. “Talent-wise, they can compete but it’s going to be very hard physically for them.

"When we go to play teams in the U23s league, they’ll drop some older players in or will boost the squad with some first-team fringe players, so we know that it’s a challenge for young lads.

"But we just need to continue the path of trying to push the talent forward, working with individuals to get them to the first team.

"If they’re 16 or 17 and the talent is there, then I don’t see any reason they shouldn't be pushed up a level. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough.”

Indeed, while Wood is proud to have earned promotion in his debut campaign as manager, what pleases him most is getting players into the first team.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has handed eight debuts to academy graduates this term, with Teden Mengi the latest, after coming off the bench in last week's Europa League clash with LASK.

“A lot of credit has to go to the manager for trusting in them," Wood humbly said. "He’s obviously seen the talent that’s here and he's willing to give them a chance.

“Teden deserved his debut. He’s worked so hard. He was originally with the 18s and he stepped up with us quite early in the season.

"He’s worked hard every day, consistently, he’s willing to listen, and he’s ready to improve all aspects of his game. You can have an open conversation with him and he will take your points on board and will give you some good feedback as well.

"I’m delighted for him.”

Isak Hansen-Aarøen har spilt sin siste TIL-kamp før overgangen til Manchester United.

Tromso manager confirms that new signing Hansen played his last game yesterday for the club. The 15 yr old will nowcomplete his move to Utd. Made 2 appearances for the senior side at 15 and got 2 assists.

Tell yer what TOD brother, if you're still clinging to some mad hope Sancho is leaving BVB, you must think most everyone at Dortmund is going to be left looking proper mugs with egg all over their face.

First you have Zorc on Monday. Then a slew of players talking after the game Tuesday on how great it is he'll be there this coming season.

Now their head of football ops-

And then the CEO-

Michael Zorc confirmed Jadon Sancho's whereabouts in Dortmund on Monday. Now managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke is stepping up again.

After Michael Zorc's word of power in the case of Jadon Sancho, BVB managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has now stepped up again.

Despite persistent rumors that Sancho would move to Manchester United, Watzke has now confirmed that he will remain in Dortmund in the coming season.

The second BVB test match against Austria Wien on Sunday from 3:55 p.m. LIVE on TV on SPORT1 and in STREAM

Watzke zu Sancho: "For a Westphalian, definitive means definitely"

"We are Westphalia," said Watzke on RTL. "We have agreed on this language rule, which sporting director Michael Zorc explained on Monday. Assume: Definitely means definite for a Westphalian. Jadon will play the 2020/21 season with us, there is no room for interpretation."

Zorc said on Monday at the beginning of the training camp in Bad Ragaz: "We are planning with Jadon. Jadon will play for BVB next season. The decision is final."

You need to let that one go man to save further disappointment this window.

Tell yer what TOD brother, if you're still clinging to some mad hope Sancho is leaving BVB, you must think most everyone at Dortmund is going to be left looking proper mugs with egg all over their face.

First you have Zorc on Monday. Then a slew of players talking after the game Tuesday on how great it is he'll be there this coming season.

Now their head of football ops-

And then the CEO-

Michael Zorc confirmed Jadon Sancho's whereabouts in Dortmund on Monday. Now managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke is stepping up again.

After Michael Zorc's word of power in the case of Jadon Sancho, BVB managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has now stepped up again.

Despite persistent rumors that Sancho would move to Manchester United, Watzke has now confirmed that he will remain in Dortmund in the coming season.

The second BVB test match against Austria Wien on Sunday from 3:55 p.m. LIVE on TV on SPORT1 and in STREAM

Watzke zu Sancho: "For a Westphalian, definitive means definitely"

"We are Westphalia," said Watzke on RTL. "We have agreed on this language rule, which sporting director Michael Zorc explained on Monday. Assume: Definitely means definite for a Westphalian. Jadon will play the 2020/21 season with us, there is no room for interpretation."

Zorc said on Monday at the beginning of the training camp in Bad Ragaz: "We are planning with Jadon. Jadon will play for BVB next season. The decision is final."

You need to let that one go man to save further disappointment this window.
he cant let it go

For someone who is definitely staying. And for a club to be so absolutely certain they still keep blood waffling on about it every day lol. All the guff as usual when negotiations continue. Dortmund have said all this before and players have left after the chasing club pay up what they want eventually. It’s like there begging him to come out and say he’s staying. Still on this no worries about that.

For someone who is definitely staying. And for a club to be so absolutely certain they still keep blood waffling on about it every day lol. All the guff as usual when negotiations continue. Dortmund have said all this before and players have left after the chasing club pay up what they want eventually. It’s like there begging him to come out and say he’s staying. Still on this no worries about that.
But Sancho has not even made peep noise about pushing for a move. Not like Aubameyang and Dembele. And they accepted overpriced amount for them after they said selling time is over.
Dont see them accepting that 120mil. Only if it is paid out full so 120 + bonuses.

But Sancho has not even made peep noise about pushing for a move. Not like Aubameyang and Dembele. And they accepted overpriced amount for them after they said selling time is over.
Dont see them accepting that 120mil. Only if it is paid out full so 120 + bonuses.
Nothing new then pay the 120m or **** off. Utd know this but Ed and Judge being the same old same old. Then like Maguire, AWB, Bruno will end up paying up. Unlike Griezmann, Dybala, Bruno the first time even Sancho last summer. Utd have not started back peddling yet or trying to save face in the media. When that happens then I will start believing it’s definitely off.

Sancho ain’t the type. I’m sure Dortmund would love him to come out and say he’s definitely staying but he won’t as he wants the move.

It was only Dembele that they had no choice on as he basically flat out refused to train and got on a ****** plane to Barcelona refusing to return!

Lewandowski and Aubameyang they got an extra year out of.