The Manchester United Thread

I really don't agree with those who say we had a good window last summer. I mean did we really?

Not that we can judge them over a full season.

James is lower prem/champ level
Maguire no comment
AWB is an excellent defender but seriously lacks any sort of decent attacking flair or ability or passing.

And i echo zzeezzy about what looks like a lack of planning or urgency to get deals done this window. As much as i'm not a fan of Ole, he's gonna be backstabbed by Ed like every other manager we've had.

We was right not to back Mourinho just stupid to give him a new contract. There is no bad vibe anything about this window. In fact it’s going as I want atm.

No, don't be silly, we were absolute fools because we gave him a contract then didn't back him.... if you don't back a manager then don't give him the contract months before.

Anyway, rewatch the Ole post match interview, "We may look at today, to see where we need to improve" when responding to a question about transfers... that is clear enough evidence right there that isn't a concrete plan once again.

Also what do you mean that you're happy with the way it's going? We haven't done anything lol. City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea.... have already.

No, don't be silly, we were absolute fools because we gave him a contract then didn't back him.... if you don't back a manager then don't give him the contract months before.

Anyway, rewatch the Ole post match interview, "We may look at today, to see where we need to improve" when responding to a question about transfers... that is clear enough evidence right there that isn't a concrete plan once again.

Also what do you mean that you're happy with the way it's going? We haven't done anything lol. City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea.... have already.

Be prepared we're gonna end up with Douglas Costa and Joe Rodon.

You can take that quote anyway. Could be saying that after today we might be looking at extra positions than what was originally planned. Who have Arsenal and Spurs signed? And City have added depth but not really improved on what they had. Only Chelsea have made any meaningful signings.

I’m happy we are looking to get players of the books stealing a wage since forever. Signings will come and as long as they do before the start of the season then what’s the problem.

That quote is vague and quite open to interpretation. He could mean a particular part of our game to work on...not necessarily improving by signing players

No, don't be silly, we were absolute fools because we gave him a contract then didn't back him.... if you don't back a manager then don't give him the contract months before. ......

Bottom line! Once you go 'all in' on a manager like Utd did with that ridiculously unneeded extension, you have to back them fully or else it just becomes absolute carnage and you look like total clueless mugs.

No question he should never have been extended so soon. And the additions he wanted you could legit argue weren't warranted.

But once you did the former, you had to back him fully in the latter. Half arsing it lead to the horrible mess it did.

Bottom line! Once you go 'all in' on a manager like Utd did with that ridiculously unneeded extension, you have to back them fully or else it just becomes absolute carnage and you look like total clueless mugs.

No question he should never have been extended so soon. And the additions he wanted you could legit argue weren't warranted.

But once you did the former, you had to back him fully in the latter. Half arsing it lead to the horrible mess it did.
Said at the time biggest clusterfeck ever the whole thing!!

Not really. Ok he didn’t end up signing but we all know why. Then he shafted us 12 months later joining Barca look how that’s turned out for him.

Yes really. Mate, it's all there in the archives. No biggie admitting it and nothing wrong with viewing things that way in a window.

The similarities between your excitement then predicting the side with him in it et al and now with Sancho are eerily similar.

Yes really. Mate, it's all there in the archives. No biggie admitting it and nothing wrong with viewing things that way in a window.

The similarities between your excitement then predicting the side with him in it et al and now with Sancho are eerily similar.
Not saying I didn’t post a lot about him if not for that ban he would of been ours. BBC a lot of journalists very close to Utd like Cooper, Hirst, Ducker, Peach all took a hit with that one. God knows what happened in the 12 months after as it was reported that we were constantly in talks with him and his agent for the move again. Maybe our own failings as a club made him look to a more secure club.

Still feel fairly confident in the Sancho deal if Utd just pay up. But that’s a big if I guess in this climate atm.

Not saying I didn’t post a lot about him if not for that ban he would of been ours. BBC a lot of journalists very close to Utd like Cooper, Hirst, Ducker, Peach all took a hit with that one.

I never listen to them or any journos anymore. Photos with the shirt at old trafford or carrington is the only thing i believe.