The Manchester United Thread

Prediction. Half of Chelsea signings will flop and Lamps will be gone end of the season
I'm not so sure they will, barring the usual adjustment period. I mean, except Silva, where I have my doubts. Have no idea why he was bought, especially since he hates playing the high line (and also can't due to his speed/age).

Chillwell is solid and can improve. Werner, Ziyech and Havertz - reckon these three are pretty good buys. Well, Werner, I'm still not sure what his final position is (he played on the left for RBL, but you'dd think Lampard wants him up-top).

Even if they overpaid for Chillwell and Havertz.

Slightly off topic but despite his injury record, Umtiti on a free? I'd still definitely be all over that, on his day a great defender and could turn his career around with the French continent in our squad, would help as well.

I'm not so sure they will, barring the usual adjustment period. I mean, except Silva, where I have my doubts. Have no idea why he was bought, especially since he hates playing the high line (and also can't due to his speed/age).

Chillwell is solid and can improve. Werner, Ziyech and Havertz - reckon these three are pretty good buys. Well, Werner, I'm still not sure what his final position is (he played on the left for RBL, but you'dd think Lampard wants him up-top).

Even if they overpaid for Chillwell and Havertz.
That’s the thing seems to be a fair fee question marks over most these signings. And history shows that you buy in bulk it usually never works out that season. There’s huge huge pressure on Lamps to start delivering from the off. You give any manger 200m + and a few bad results the pressure will start telling. Scrapping top 4 only just. Won’t be enough for Lampard this season and especially if they don’t win any cups.

Slightly off topic but despite his injury record, Umtiti on a free? I'd still definitely be all over that, on his day a great defender and could turn his career around with the French continent in our squad, would help as well.
God know! No more sick notes. And he wouldn’t be free his wages would be huge let alone his signing on fee.

He has a business partnership with the owners and he is the agent of their manager, so yeah. They've utilised that connection to make Wolves the Portuguese hub, while a lot of Mendez clients moved there (Jota, Jimenez, Neves, Moutinho to name a few).
But it is not allowed to use these relationships like this. Seeing this done in lower league was disgrace and disrespectful to other clubs. Specially when EFL juts told meh, nothing wrong going on here.

But it is not allowed to use these relationships like this. Seeing this done in lower league was disgrace and disrespectful to other clubs. Specially when EFL juts told meh, nothing wrong going on here.
Yep should be looked at but we all know it won’t as the governing bodies are a joke

Great to see Martial back in the French side. Made an impact when coming on winning a penalty after a push from Linderlof. **** knows why Deschamps continues to stick with Giroud and not play Mbappe and Martial together.

Great to see Martial back in the French side. Made an impact when coming on winning a penalty after a push from Linderlof. **** knows why Deschamps continues to stick with Giroud and not play Mbappe and Martial together.
Link up play. Giroud plays with his back to goal and tries to bring other players into the equation (atleast in theory). Martial is still learning link-up play, so could be that he may not be the ideal partner for Mbappe.

Besides, I haven't seen a nation with as many gifted footballers that France have this generation. I mean ****, it's a beast of a team.

Link up play. Giroud plays with his back to goal and tries to bring other players into the equation (atleast in theory). Martial is still learning link-up play, so could be that he may not be the ideal partner for Mbappe.

Besides, I haven't seen a nation with as many gifted footballers that France have this generation. I mean ****, it's a beast of a team.
Wtf has happened to Griezmann though....

No , it really is. The standard of Serie A has fallen dramatically from the place everyone wanted to play back int he 90's when it was the top league in World football.

Now it's struggling to hold on to a top 5 best league World wide position IMHO.
Scouse, I was being polite. We all know the Italian league is poor at the moment especially when you think a 40 year old GK is considered one of the better players (no disrespect to Buffon of course).

Forget serie A, what about the downfall of Italian national team. The drop in quality they had is just beyond belief. During 2006 World Cup they were so stacked, Del Piero and Inzaghi were sitting on the bench lol.
That would be a result of not investing in youth look at the average age of the top teams squads and you will see your answer (Juventus fielded probably the second oldest squad in the Champions league). There isn't a lack of youth players however, more a lack of well developed youth players.

0-1 Chelsea. Goal should of been offside but women’s football don’t have the technology yet. Chelsea been the better team could of had a couple more. We have hit the post a couple of times but not much else HT atm.

Finished 1-1. We were the better team in the second half pressed them to death and showed more composure in the attacking 3rd. Earps had a couple of good saves but nothing much in the second half.

Result made even more impressive considering Chelsea riches in players. We were without 5 new signings and had 4 starters on the bench recovering from injury and not fit. Galton scored out goal. Easily the best direct winger in the league.

The new signing that did play young LB Batille from Madrid was cautious in the second half. But superb in the second in both defence and especially going forward. Can see why she’s one of the hottest prospects in the women’s game.

The one thing that will hurt us this season is a natural prolific STR. We have signed Ivana Fusu another one of the women’s games hottest prospects from Germany but could be a bit much for her in her first season.

Can’t wait for Press and Heath to complete there moves. 2 genuine WC World Cup winners from the USA team.

Get French Football News
@GFFN
Manchester United choose not to offer 18-year-old French attacker Isaac Karamoko from PSG a contract after a week-long trial with the U23s. But will keep him on trial for a further week.