The Manchester United Thread

View attachment 514986View attachment 514987

Interesting view i tought some might like.
Wasn't too fond of this one, mind. Felt more like what fans analyse and put forward than anything else (the article, I mean). That aside, we do have a strong core of players. Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba (if he stays), Fernandes, Henderson, Maguire, AwB, vDB - will be prominent. Need to improve on them further and get better players/replacements in.

Williams, Tuanzebe, James, Mengi as the immediate prospects.

^^^^^ To be fair, IIRC, zz was just about the only one in here at the time seriously questioning the Sanchez acquisition form all standpoints.

Whilst others were giddy in excitement over him.
That was before I knew we gifted him a 500k a week contract. If I knew before hand, I would've said "no thanks". I cannot believe Woodward thought it was okay to put a player on that kind of money. Sums him up quite nicely.

That was before I knew we gifted him a 500k a week contract. If I knew before hand, I would've said "no thanks". I cannot believe Woodward thought it was okay to put a player on that kind of money. Sums him up quite nicely.
Then he has the cheek to say he was unhappy and wanted his contract torn up after his first day training with the club. Being on that wage. Sanchez cry me a ******* river!

Ashley Young looks great at Inter, it's a great retirement home for finished players, the league is a lot slower and less physical. Like I say he may have some valid points, but he undoes any credibility with it for when he expected an easy ride when moving to a big club and on that kind of salary.

Also one other thing to bare in mind, at Arsenal in his last 6 months there, he was pretty bad and I always thought we signed him not based on recent form. But I remember stories from Arsenal journalists saying how he often isolated himself there too in the dressing room and didn't have many friends, the only one really being Ozil.
Don't forget Smalling also looked good for Roma which doesn't say much for a league which has always been a defenders dream.

Be glad when his deal goes through and some more deadwood go out the door.
Really? I would honestly keep him out of the lot. Unless we are getting a CB in (and Badiashile seems to be a no-go), Smalling could be useful (although I suspect he wouldn't want to be rotation). But definitely the preferred option between him, Jones and Rojo. (and considering the fact that Bailly always seems one game away from either injury or a reckless challenge).

Hes a solid defender but no more for me. The rest of his game is poor. And people have started to overhype him due to his performances in Italy the defenders great place. Yes he is better than Jones and Rojo but that’s nothing proud of either. He’s not happy being a squad player and obviously wants to leave. Get him gone get get his wages off the bill and bring in a replacement.

Same goes for Rojo, Jones, Periera! Then hopefully Mata and Lingard in the next windows.

Be 2 huge signings for the women’s team!

As for Manchester United, the entire women’s soccer world is waiting for the Red Devils to announce the signings of U.S. stars Tobin Heath and Christen Press. Multiple sources have told The Inquirer this week that the expectation is the deal will be announced before Sunday’s game, and it could be as soon as Friday.
Don’t take that as an absolute, because between travel and paperwork there are still things to take care of. The players will also have to quarantine for two weeks in England when they arrive, so don’t try guessing when they might debut.

Don't forget Smalling also looked good for Roma which doesn't say much for a league which has always been a defenders dream.
I most look at PL and love the league. But sorry the hate in understanding that other leagues are **** and theyr guys who leave and perform better is only down to the league not the surrounding environment in PL.

Hes a solid defender but no more for me. The rest of his game is poor. And people have started to overhype him due to his performances in Italy the defenders great place. Yes he is better than Jones and Rojo but that’s nothing proud of either. He’s not happy being a squad player and obviously wants to leave. Get him gone get get his wages off the bill and bring in a replacement.

Same goes for Rojo, Jones, Periera! Then hopefully Mata and Lingard in the next windows.
Pretty much what I said? We need four senior CBs, considering the fact that among the three regular ones we have, one is injury/suspension prone. And out of the remaining lot, I would definitely keep Smalling. I'm not talking about this basis his Italy performances, either. Jones is the better defender, but he has spent more time injured than he has on the pitch, probably. So, yeah, Smalling. He's a decent defender.

Also, the profile we were looking for is a tough defender, able to stand his ground while being decent aerially. Smalling fits the bill. He can't do much else, but eh.

He is not okay being rotation, good on him. That being said, hope we go in for a CB too, if we are sending all of them out. If we actually manage to get 20 Mn for him, that'll be an amazing deal.

Also, Lingard is in the final year of his contract (we have the option of another year), so this is the year to sell him. Same for Mata, although he may move on at the end of the year. If we actually get Lingard, Pereira, Jones, Rojo, Romero and Smalling off the books while bringing in a CB (among others), that'll be fantastic business for the window.

Last edited:
Pretty much what I said? We need four senior CBs, considering the fact that among the three regular ones we have, one is injury/suspension prone. And out of the remaining lot, I would definitely keep Smalling. I'm not talking about this basis his Italy performances, either. Jones is the better defender, but he has spent more time injured than he has on the pitch, probably. So, yeah, Smalling. He's a decent defender.

Also, the profile we were looking for is a tough defender, able to stand his ground while being decent aerially. Smalling fits the bill. He can't do much else, but eh.

He is not okay being rotation, good on him. That being said, hope we go in for a CB too, if we are sending all of them out. If we actually manage to get 20 Mn for him, that'll be an amazing deal.

Also, Lingard is in the final year of his contract (we have the option of another year), so this is the year to sell him. Same for Mata, although he may move on at the end of the year. If we actually get Lingard, Pereira, Jones, Rojo, Romero and Smalling off the books while bringing in a CB (among others), that'll be fantastic business for the window.
Also CBs we have been linked with have all been good with there feet which Smalling is not the best.

I most look at PL and love the league. But sorry the hate in understanding that other leagues are **** and theyr guys who leave and perform better is only down to the league not the surrounding environment in PL.
I'm not saying the Italian League is bad but when you consider the number of Italians who have played in the Premiership and the number of ones who have been successful you will notice that it is the more attack minded (the likes of Zola, Ravenelli, Di Matteo etc) who have adapted best. The Italian league is more defensive and slower there is nothing wrong with that but it would appear that more mature players from across Europe are now moving there and having an element of success.

Also CBs we have been linked with have all been good with there feet which Smalling is not the best.
Yeah, but all links seem fruitless now. Had been linked with Upamecano, Gabriel and Badiashile. None seem happening at the moment, basis reports. Also, Upamecano is a right footed CB, so that was somewhat puzzling, since we ideally need someone to play on the left. Some reports have us linked to Torres and Skriniar, but unsure of the veracity of the same.

Forget transfers. Forget Smalling. What in all that’s holy is this abomination ?? wtaf gave the go ahead on this ??

Disruptive patterning (or more exactly dazzle camouflage) at it's best designed to make it harder for the opposition to judge distance and speed(used during WW2 on ships to confuse the enemy). If they are going to wear it in games I would recommend the squad practises wearing it in training otherwise it will be consigned to the same bin as the grey abomination of a while back...

1599302887976.png