The Manchester United Thread

FWIW, I think if Wilson goes to Leeds as expected this week, and a few other dominoes fall, along with a Brewster loan, there’s a strong possibility L’pool will move for Sarr as he’s a Mané clone in the making with the right coaching to his development.

One to watch as the Watford lad is the current topicof conversation.
Yeah, he's a talent for sure. I'm still unsure on the Mane comparisions (and I've heard this before also). Mane's movements and getting into and out of tight spots is fantastic. Sarr doesn't have that, but has the pace and the dribbling to go. I like him, but it'll take a lot of work with him to call him Mane's clone. Watford was definitely a lot more dangerous with him on the side and he afforded them a different outlet to do something.

But for you guys, I think a lot will depend on Wijanldum/Thiago than on the others. If Wijnaldum goes, then I expect Thiago will be the transfer you guys go for. If he stays and gets a new contract, maybe Thiago next season on a free? Either way, while he (Sarr) has been linked to Liverpool, I dunno if he will be a primary target this season. Maybe January/next season?

?? we won’t be going for Costa or Bale it’s like you guys have not listened to anything Ole wants from his transfers. Chill out guys ?

Certainly getting to be a worry. If Woodward expected Dortmund to reduce their price this late on, then he was undeniably naive. They won't, they don't need to and it was obvious to everyone (maybe bar Woodward?). We atleast need two players in and there seems to be no signs of movement. I swear, I will lose it if they go for Bale for a short term loan. If no Sancho, just move on, get someone like Sarr and put an end to this fiasco, ffs.
This is the problem. We are the problem if we think this is fiasco. We are doing this to ourselves. From the day one of this media saga, I've distanced myself from any transfer news until I hear something from the club. And I tell you, it's amazing. We need to realize that we really don't know much. We can know only what they tell us. All those journos are getting briefed to fit clubs agenda or straight up make all up. We really shouldn't be so invested in transfer rumors. Its great getting excited about potential new signings, but that's all they are, POTENTIAL new signings.

Yeah, he's a talent for sure. I'm still unsure on the Mane comparisions (and I've heard this before also). Mane's movements and getting into and out of tight spots is fantastic. Sarr doesn't have that, but has the pace and the dribbling to go. I like him, but it'll take a lot of work with him to call him Mane's clone. Watford was definitely a lot more dangerous with him on the side and he afforded them a different outlet to do something.

But for you guys, I think a lot will depend on Wijanldum/Thiago than on the others. If Wijnaldum goes, then I expect Thiago will be the transfer you guys go for. If he stays and gets a new contract, maybe Thiago next season on a free? Either way, while he (Sarr) has been linked to Liverpool, I dunno if he will be a primary target this season. Maybe January/next season?

He’s raw but he’s got all the traits Sadio brings. I can see exactly why they are so high on him.

You’re making the mistake of comparing Mané now to him and not the Mane we signed and not looking at the traits and skill set Sarr has. That raw potential under the right coaching .....

No one single player gave us more problems in both games last year.

*Edit*

Thiago’s a done deal as previously discussed. Firmly believe that. Not concerned at that at all. Just a case of L’oool and Munich getting their respective ducks in order before its announced.

And I’ll be shocked if Wijnaldum goes before next summer. He doesn’t want to leave to begin with. Just they don’t match up in value and length of contract. But unless a decent iffer comes in, he’s way more valuable staying and leaving for free than getting a paltry £15 million as Barca are laughably throwing around.

Things will start to move this week if outgoing deals fall.

Last edited:
This is the problem. We are the problem if we think this is fiasco. We are doing this to ourselves. From the day one of this media saga, I've distanced myself from any transfer news until I hear something from the club. And I tell you, it's amazing. We need to realize that we really don't know much. We can know only what they tell us. All those journos are getting briefed to fit clubs agenda or straight up make all up. We really shouldn't be so invested in transfer rumors. Its great getting excited about potential new signings, but that's all they are, POTENTIAL new signings.

Well it's more the fact that once again United go into a season with an unprepared squad, one injury away in a few positions from disaster like first half of last season. It's naive and incompetent. Also we haven't got rid of the players that we were supposedly going to, Jones, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard, Romero (3 goalkeepers now....on big wages) etc. They all get a second chance for the 100th time!

Lets remember that we gave Phil Jones and Pereira new contracts recently, long-term deals to preserve their so called market value! Then we wonder why we can't shift them, it's baffling incompetence.

Well it's more the fact that once again United go into a season with an unprepared squad, one injury away in a few positions from disaster like first half of last season. It's naive and incompetent. Also we haven't got rid of the players that we were supposedly going to, Jones, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard, Romero (3 goalkeepers now....on big wages) etc. They all get a second chance for the 100th time!
That’s the problem no one knows who’s going to be here or not come the end of the window. But I put money on it there’s more ins and outs by the end of the window. Your getting yourself riled up before the seasons started lol mate. Chill enjoy the footy and let the rest take care of itself ?????

If we can shift out Romero, Smalling, Pereira, Rojo - that'll be good. I'm not too worried there, either ways, their contracts are up at the end of the year (barring Pereira/Smalling). It's the same with Lingard, but I'm okay with keeping him for depth this season - he covers multiple positions, and can atleast press, if nothing else. My guess is that Romero, Smalling and Rojo may depart.

And yeah, I'm still surprised as to how we gave such big LT contracts to both Pereira and Jones. Pereira, atleast, yeah, he was playing half decently in early 2019. Jones, from what I remember, got a new contract and promptly got injured. He is such a frustrating player, as when fit, he is actually a decent defender. But the injuries. Even now, he's out till November, so can't move him on.

He’s raw but he’s got all the traits Sadio brings. I can see exactly why they are so high on him.

You’re making the mistake of comparing Mané now to him and not the Mane we signed and not looking at the traits and skill set Sarr has. That raw potential under the right coaching .....

No one single player gave us more problems in both games last year.

*Edit*

Thiago’s a done deal as previously discussed. Firmly believe that. Not concerned at that at all. Just a case of L’oool and Munich getting their respective ducks in order before its announced.

And I’ll be shocked if Wijnaldum goes before next summer. He doesn’t want to leave to begin with. Just they don’t match up in value and length of contract. But unless a decent iffer comes in, he’s way more valuable staying and leaving for free than getting a paltry £15 million as Barca are laughably throwing around.

Things will start to move this week if outgoing deals fall.
Naw, I was referring to pre-Liverpool Mane. From what I've read (can't remember where), one of the reasons why Liverpool were so behind him was his insane movement and attacking positions. Tight spaces. He has improved on it, sure, but it was also present dominantly. Sarr - not yet. But he is a fantastic addition - quicky, pacy and a good dribbler. And at around 35 Mn, he'd be a snip, and can only improve.

Bit rich of Bayern no, to claim blackmail? ****, that's practically what Bayern have been doing to clubs in the Bundesliga since god knows how long. He's Liverpool bound, most likely, but it's kinda good if Bayern get ripped, some karma back there in terms of transfer dealings.

Comfortable win for the women’s team 5-2. Totally dominant and easy. To easy in the first half letting them get 2 gls due to lack of concentration. Was 2-2 at HT them we just came out and blew them away.

New signing Russo came on in the second half up top for Jane Ross. 2 completely different forwards. Ross your typical target man CF. Russo pacey direct, skillful, good link up play and presses like crazy. She managed to grab 2 assists in the second half in a very promising debut. Other new signing Battle at LB was top class again.

Scorers: Ross, Toone, Hanson(x2), Zelem

Comfortable win for the women’s team 5-2. Totally dominant and easy. To easy in the first half letting them get 2 gls due to lack of concentration. Was 2-2 at HT them we just came out and blew them away.

New signing Russo came on in the second half up top for Jane Ross. 2 completely different forwards. Ross your typical target man CF. Russo pacey direct, skillful, good link up play and presses like crazy. She managed to grab 2 assists in the second half in a very promising debut. Other new signing Battle at LB was top class again.

Scorers: Ross, Toone, Hanson(x2), Zelem
Is it PC to call Ross a Target Man when she is a woman, watch this space... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good to see the whole squad back in training today. Even Jones lol. Maybe injured by now ??

Full disclosure- I BADLY wanted him when he left Blackburn. (As a midfielder but still. I thought he'd be the perfect, ball playing, playmaking DM we lacked to balance out the side.). He looked to have everything to be a top player for years. Really rated him personally. We just couldn't compete with Utd back then.

As it turns out in hindsight, thank Christ we couldn't! ??

Full disclosure- I BADLY wanted him when he left Blackburn. (As a midfielder but still. I thought he'd be the perfect, ball playing, playmaking DM we lacked to balance out the side.). He looked to have everything to be a top player for years. Really rated him personally. We just couldn't compete with Utd back then.

As it turns out in hindsight, thank Christ we couldn't! ??
Tbh mate he’s most probably had his best games for us in CM.

Tbh mate he’s most probably had his best games for us in CM.

I know the injuries haven't helped obviously but I'm not entirely sure what happened there? Maybe him never having a fixed position per se went against him?

People like to mock him now the way it turned out with his facial expressions being comedy gold etc. But he was a serious prospect and a real coup when Ferguson bagged him.